• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 10: The Show - Official Thread

For people who were complaining about the magic CPU comeback, try setting the CPU's Solid Hits slider to 1 or 2.
The Solid Hits slider effects how hard batted balls are struck that ARE NOT hit squarely. So, if you put a good swing on the pitch, the ball will be hit hard no matter what this slider is set at. Lowering this slider just increases hit variety on balls that aren't hit well, that is all. If you find yourself having a hard time hitting extra base hits, raise this slider to 1 or 2. I would not recommend going past 2 or you'll see pretty much every batted ball hit hard. If you are still having trouble hitting extra base hits at 2, increase the timing slider or lower pitch speed. Raise for less hit variety, lower for more hit variety.

Read this from OS Sports for more info, almost every slider set I've seen has the number at 0.

I'm about to give up on my franchise, cuz I feel like it's giving up on me. I started out 7-6 with the Orioles, and have since gone on an 11-game losing streak. Last year (my first year with the Show), I also struggled, and it made sense. This year my only explanation is that the game doesn't want me to beat the Yanks or Red Sox.

Any time I even tie these guys, they take the lead the very next half-inning. Case in point, tonight I had 2 strikes on Cano and threw a slider off the plate inside. Home run. I check back to see his swing info, confirming that the ball was out of the strike zone, that he was late on the ball (which he pulled), and that he didn't even have his yellow hitting circle over the pitch. Blech.

I am an addict at checking my own swing info after each swing myself, and over the past week I have never seen more solid/perfect hit balls end up as weak grounders. I understand that I'm the Orioles, but this is ridiculous. I strike out way less than I used to (5th least in the league, apparently), yet over one month of the season I've grounded into 13 more double plays than the next closest team. THIRTEEN. This includes a double play tonight in which Luke Scott was hitting with a 2-0 count. Meatball, down the middle, power swing, right in the sweet spot.... grounder to Youkilis at first.

I am seriously going insane.

And a real question here: Does anyone else feel like their middle infielder's defense is broken? Whereas the computer dives to stop almost any ground ball attempting to sneak thru the infield, Brian Roberts has almost zero range. He also misses line drives hit directly at him once in a while, not reacting to ball. And Izturis at shortstop often lolligags when I demand he throw the ball, resulting in infield hits by Pat Burrell on routine grounders.

Maybe I've played too much, but the issues are really piling up for me and ruining at least my franchise play.

Edit: FYI I'm playing on normal (All-Star), with unchanged sliders. Maybe I need to mess with those, but I feel like I shouldn't have to on normal.

doktorpeace said:
Edit: FYI I'm playing on normal (All-Star), with unchanged sliders. Maybe I need to mess with those, but I feel like I shouldn't have to on normal.
The mistake you're making is assuming the sliders work for you out of the box. Your play determines what the sliders should be... let me give you some advice and a slider set to input and tell me over a 10-game stretch if things don't seem better for you:

Fielder Reaction: 10 - Increases initial IF reaction/range, though impact is not as big as last year.
Fielder Run Speed: 1 - Fixes speedy OFs who catch everything.
Fielder Arm Strength: 4 - Global
Reliever Stamina: 3 - You and CPU
Solid Hits: 1 - You and CPU - Not only does it increases hit variety (bloopers/choppers/etc.) it seems to be one of a group of sliders that factor into CPU comeback, so lessening it lowers the chance the CPU will come back.
Pitch Speed: 4 - Global
Pitcher Control: 6 - You and CPU
Pitcher Consistency: 7 - You and CPU

1) When you pitch do you follow the API? I find that 2/3rds of the time you should ... if your pitcher has high confidence then follow at least the location.
2) Do you use Swing Influence? I find it helpful.
3) The game adapts to you. If you keep taking 1st pitch strikes you'll keep seeing them, and if you keep swinging at 1st pitch balls you'll keep getting them. Adapt.
4) Don't expect that perfect swing + contact equals great result.

Just bought the game yesterday and boy do I suck at it. :lol Always swinging at pitches I shouldn't be swinging at and then having some trouble with the pitching meter. Especially after I give up a hit my meter starts to freak out which makes it even more difficult.

I love this game, I really really do, but I just need to practice some more. Any tips that veterans have that would be helpful to a rookie like me?

HarryDemeanor said:
...I love this game, I really really do, but I just need to practice some more. Any tips that veterans have that would be helpful to a rookie like me?
There's something here for every Joe,
Knockin' out your average foe,
The knowledge you ain't never know,
better come and get you some...
It's the Czar,
It's the Czar,
It's the Czar,
It's the Czar,
It's the Czar,
It's the Czar,

It's the Czar ...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20100299&postcount=639 - Game is MLB 09 but still works

PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO :50 SECONDS IN TO 3:00

One thing I also did was I set a routine... I actually did BP 20-30 minutes a day every day for 2-3 weeks last year until I felt my pitch recognition couldn't improve any more.... and then I did more BP. I've played the series since MLB '07 and the biggest block for newer players is really the mindset of "why isn't X scrub player hitting .300"? Once you ditch that false reality you're ready to improve.

rareside

That video really is a great training tool for anyone on the Show, even if you think you're an MLB God. There's always room for improvement.

There's also the in-game strategy guide no one ever reads (during a game hit start and flip around the options, its on the bottom row). The sections on plate coverage and pitch counts are really good.

I just don't understand why they make it so inconspicuous. I bet most players don't even know its there. Its basically hitting 101. Even if your a vet of the series its a good read. (also explains all the attributes and abbreviations. who the hell throws a "vulcan change up" btw?)

What they really should do is make it an interactive guide during practice mode, have Bob Uecker do the VO and bust some 1 liners in between. :D

Actually I'd trade Uecker for the entire announce reel at this point.

The Frankman said:
There's something here for every Joe,
Knockin' out your average foe,
The knowledge you ain't never know,
better come and get you some...
It's the Czar,
It's the Czar,
It's the Czar,
It's the Czar,
It's the Czar,
It's the Czar,

It's the Czar ...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20100299&postcount=639 - Game is MLB 09 but still works

PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO :50 SECONDS IN TO 3:00

One thing I also did was I set a routine... I actually did BP 20-30 minutes a day every day for 2-3 weeks last year until I felt my pitch recognition couldn't improve any more.... and then I did more BP. I've played the series since MLB '07 and the biggest block for newer players is really the mindset of "why isn't X scrub player hitting .300"? Once you ditch that false reality you're ready to improve.

Thank you very much for the video. I'm going to watch it a few times and do some batting practice.

Doytch

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
There's also the in-game strategy guide no one ever reads (during a game hit start and flip around the options, its on the bottom row). The sections on plate coverage and pitch counts are really good.

I just don't understand why they make it so inconspicuous. I bet most players don't even know its there. Its basically hitting 101. Even if your a vet of the series its a good read. (also explains all the attributes and abbreviations. who the hell throws a "vulcan change up" btw?)

What they really should do is make it an interactive guide during practice mode, have Bob Uecker do the VO and bust some 1 liners in between. :D

Actually I'd trade Uecker for the entire announce reel at this point.
I only know of it from Gagne.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
doktorpeace said:
I'm about to give up on my franchise, cuz I feel like it's giving up on me. I started out 7-6 with the Orioles, and have since gone on an 11-game losing streak. Last year (my first year with the Show), I also struggled, and it made sense. This year my only explanation is that the game doesn't want me to beat the Yanks or Red Sox.

MOST REALISTIC BASEBALL GAME EVER

graywolf323

doktorpeace said:

that's because they hate our pitchers :-( I mean seriously they underrate Matusz

also

vulcha2.jpg

... not sure how it differs from a circle change, maybe they don't make a circle with the pointer finger/thumb.

Also a little known hitting tip: Bat speed from MLB 09 to MLB 10 has been reduced. Possibly in order to more accurately portray check swings, I could catch up to 94-95 in MLB 09 but I'm consistently late on 92-93 now... maybe it's the 2.5 month layoff but I've read stuff on OS that points to this also.

Thanks for the advice, Frankman. I haven't adjusted the sliders yet (been playing .500 ball since my late night rant) but your suggestions seem logical/appropriate. Especially on speedy CPU outfielders and crappy me infielders.

I guess my question then is this: Why are the default sliders they way they are? Do the developers believe they provide the most authentic experience, the most fun experience, or what? I feel I shouldn't have to wait a couple weeks post-release for users to balance the game for me.

My overall sentiment is simply that I want to feel like my input as a video game player is having a significant effect on the game. Not one that discounts the Orioles roster, but significant. I'm not so angry when Izturis grounds out on a perfect meatball hit, but Tejada and Markakis should get better results on those more consistently.

On a strange note, Boston put Lester on the trading block in my franchise and jumped when I offered them Garrett Atkins. My first encounter with strange trade logic.

Matusz is king.

Ah ha, thanks guys. Thats one uncomfortable looking grip right there.

I guess my question then is this: Why are the default sliders they way they are? Do the developers believe they provide the most authentic experience, the most fun experience, or what? I feel I shouldn't have to wait a couple weeks post-release for users to balance the game for me.

Sim sliders are always pretty subjective I think. I hate having to tweak sims, it always turns into hours of wack-a-mole. Fortunately MLB has always played pretty well for me out of the box. Sorry to hear you're
an O's fan
having trouble.

edit-

I'm not so angry when Izturis grounds out on a perfect meatball hit

Assuming its timed and covered perfectly, I rarely see weak grounders on belt high meatballs (even with mediocre hitters). Are you swinging at a lot of pitches low in the zone? That significantly increases grounder probability, fwiw.

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Assuming its timed and covered perfectly, I rarely see weak grounders on belt high meatballs (even with mediocre hitters). Are you swinging at a lot of pitches low in the zone? That significantly increases grounder probability, fwiw.
It doesn't happen a lot, but I definitely see it at least once a night (usual night=around 3 games).

I swing at crap everywhere, although I'm vastly improved at not striking out. Low change-ups are still the bane of my existence, tho. I'm not the best, and I expect to lose a lot. But that just makes me angrier when I see myself doing good things and not getting rewarded.

And Izturis is sub-mediocre hitter, which is why the O's acquired Julio effing Lugo today? Vomit. At least the Red Sox still pay most of his salary.

I had a real problem with last year's game and the way hitting worked, i.e. it would say I landed the bat on the ball perfectly, timed it perfectly, etc, but it would be a slow grounder to the SS or some other bullshit. This happened WAAAAY too often.

This year, though, it seems the hitting is much more accurate, and while I still see crummy stuff like that, it is substantially less than last year's game. If you hit the ball against the sweet spot, and get good wood on it, the ball's distance and trajectory seems to be much more realistic.

To me, sliders are relative to how you play with them. It's like playing the game for the first time and playing on Legend. Obviously you won't have success, so make adjustments... you sense a theme here? Everything in baseball is about making adjustments, and this game is no different. BTW if you need some unranked games to practice with, I should have the game by tomorrow.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Okay, I've never had a problem with the The Show series...until today.

In my second season in Road to the Show. Just signed a crazy contact (1 year, 4 million with the Padres to play AAA ball? OKAY!). Simmed the Spring. Okay, all good. Now, I sim until my next appearance and the game just sits there. I can back out it and go through menus, but when I try to advance, it just does nothing. I've tried reloading, changing my look and saving and trying again, downloading the firmware, downloading new rosters, everything. Nothing works. So, I'm stuck there in my second season on a character I worked VERY hard to build and quite pissed off.

Any experience with this?

The biggest two problems with this game AGAIN this year is 1) that the CPU hardly ever swings at pitches outside the zone. (This is a slider that has to get tweaked every year, and it's getting really annoying.)

And 2) The pitching confidence system. Still doesn't work great. I struck out three batters in a row with Billingsley's curve. 8 K's total through 4 innings, pitching a shutout. Meanwhile, I'm smacking Santana around, hitting all his pitches, got a cushy 4-0 lead on All-Star. What happens in the 5th inning? For some reason the CPU stops swinging at any pitch outside the zone, even if it's a centimeter off. Then my curve ball, which was at full confidence bar, starts being thrown like a meatball...EVERY SINGLE TIME. Couldn't hit the zone once, even though I should have full confidence in it SINCE LAST INNING IT STRUCK OUT THREE BATTERS. And even though I mix up my pitches, it's hard to get an out when the game is never swinging at balls, no matter how well placed. They get 4 runs.

Next half inning, even though I've been smacking Santana around, all three of his pitches have high confidence bars. He wasn't even striking me out or anything, but for some reason, his pitches weren't seeing the wear and tear that mine were, EVEN THOUGH I WAS DOMINATING. Suddenly, for absolutely no reason, he becomes unhittable, and Billingsley becomes a joke.

Pitcher confidence system, as always = broken.

I've been using the Perfect sliders from the OS forums and they have been PERFECT for me during my spring training run on All-Star. Getting very real scores and games. Highly recommended. They are available for download.

DoctorWho said:
I've been using the Perfect sliders from the OS forums and they have been PERFECT for me during my spring training run on All-Star. Getting very real scores and games. Highly recommended. They are available for download.

Yeah, as much as I think default this year is really, really, really good...there are still some major problems to me like the ones I listed. Those perfect sliders are usually right on the money, so I think I'm going to have to give them a try again this year.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Sp, looking up my problem...there is no fix. My RTTS is stuck because of the glitch and there's no timetable for the next patch for hopes for a fix. I've tried everything I can from deleting game data and reinstalling to little things. Can't advance.

I hate to say it, but it's time to move on from this and dump the game.

mYm|17|

Just had my best game ever with my RTTS player. It was on HOF too so I was pretty stoked.

3-4 with 2 rbis
1 homer
1 triple
1 double
2 runs

JambiBum

Kintaro said:
Sp, looking up my problem...there is no fix. My RTTS is stuck because of the glitch and there's no timetable for the next patch for hopes for a fix. I've tried everything I can from deleting game data and reinstalling to little things. Can't advance.

I hate to say it, but it's time to move on from this and dump the game.

If you are really done with it. Mind sending it to me or trading me something for it? If you want to just send me a pm.

Just played 2 games against the Indians.

The first one I dominate, hitting balls perfectly all over the place, and ending up with only 3 runs. 3-0 lead in the 9th, when they get a hit, hit, and then Sizemore takes an outside slider over the fence. Next batter also goes yard. I lose 4-3. Catch-up bullshit, I don't care what anyone says. I was pitching well.

The next game I hit at least 3 meatballs, right down the middle, perfect timing (2 with Tejada with power swings). No exaggeration. Every one is a routine fly out. I hit at least 3 more wheelhouse, perfect timing. Those were all outs, too. Meanwhile the computer is hitting everything Lester and my relief throws, to get 19 hits and beat me 9-1.

I've played 50 plus games of this already this year. I know when I suck and when I'm getting unjustly screwed by the computer. Tonight was the latter.

I just downloaded new sliders (the highest rated ones - 88% approval). They'd better work. I'm done with the default shit.

Sorry if posted, didn't see it ... credit to Knight165 at OS:

From the pause menu, on the d-pad: hit up-up-down-down-left-right ... then

left(mutes Rex)
up(mutes Dave)
right(mutes Matt)

doktorpeace said:

The first one I dominate, hitting balls perfectly all over the place, and ending up with only 3 runs. 3-0 lead in the 9th, when they get a hit, hit, and then Sizemore takes an outside slider over the fence. Next batter also goes yard. I lose 4-3. Catch-up bullshit, I don't care what anyone says. I was pitching well.

The next game I hit at least 3 meatballs, right down the middle, perfect timing (2 with Tejada with power swings). No exaggeration. Every one is a routine fly out. I hit at least 3 more wheelhouse, perfect timing. Those were all outs, too. Meanwhile the computer is hitting everything Lester and my relief throws, to get 19 hits and beat me 9-1.

I've played 50 plus games of this already this year. I know when I suck and when I'm getting unjustly screwed by the computer. Tonight was the latter.

I just downloaded new sliders (the highest rated ones - 88% approval). They'd better work. I'm done with the default shit.

Yeah, the more I'm playing this year's game, the more I realize I'm probably just going to stick to online battles with real opponents. The AI has gotten better this year, but there are still those games where I feel I'm getting blatantly robbed. And I've come to hate that more and more over the years.

I sometimes wonder if it happens more now in sports games (certainly seems like it), or if I'm just noticing it more. I don't remember games like WSBII on Saturn ever playing too cheap, but maybe it did and it just didn't bother me as much.

doktorpeace said:

Did you ever even try my slider suggestions?

Doytch

It took me like 30 games, but yeah, I think pitch confidence makes a bigger difference than I was thinking. :lol Played with Morrow against Zito in an online game today, and just started sitting on his fastball after the confidence was trashed. Hit four or five jacks, including B2Bs.

The Frankman said:
Did you ever even try my slider suggestions?
Not yet, b/c I was playing decent .500 ball between my first rant and this latest occurrence. I'm going to mix it up for the next couple weeks before I leave my PS3 for the summer, though. Downloaded some from SportsConnect and will look at yours too. If you just got the game, were your sliders based off of '09?

Still, despite all your helpful suggestions, I maintain that the default sliders need to be better and/or adapt. Baseball may be about making adjustments, but games about baseball shouldn't force the user/consumer to do so much tinkering. I want to buy the game Day 1 and be able to start up a franchise then without having to worry so about so much tinkering. I want the season to be a consistent experience, and any change to the guts of the game I make during it leaves me feeling dirty. Yet after those Indians games last night, I'm ready to roll in the mud.

When hitting is already so (appreciably) difficult, my perfect player input needs to be recognized. Otherwise I might as well just be simming the games.

CartridgeBlower said:
Yeah, the more I'm playing this year's game, the more I realize I'm probably just going to stick to online battles with real opponents. The AI has gotten better this year, but there are still those games where I feel I'm getting blatantly robbed. And I've come to hate that more and more over the years.

I sometimes wonder if it happens more now in sports games (certainly seems like it), or if I'm just noticing it more. I don't remember games like WSBII on Saturn ever playing too cheap, but maybe it did and it just didn't bother me as much.
Yeah my favorite baseball game of all time remains Ken Griffey for the SNES. It was arcadey, swing-at-everything action, sure. And certain pitchers could strike out the moon with outside curveballs. But defensive skills really made a difference (especially against human opponents). And most importantly, my leads never abruptly disappeared in the 9th for the sake of disappearing.

I was different back then, though. I had minimal qualms about resetting the 20 or so season games I would have lost in order to make the Nintendo Power leaderboard for finishing 162-0...

doktorpeace said:
Not yet, b/c I was playing decent .500 ball between my first rant and this latest occurrence. I'm going to mix it up for the next couple weeks before I leave my PS3 for the summer, though. Downloaded some from SportsConnect and will look at yours too. If you just got the game, were your sliders based off of '09?
... so you're using the old sliders which you've ranted and everyone acknowledged is a relative experience but YOU KNOW don't work + there are other mandatory adjustments you haven't made... AND YOU'RE STILL COMPLAINING? Seriously dude...
Still, despite all your helpful suggestions, I maintain that the default sliders need to be better and/or adapt. Baseball may be about making adjustments, but games about baseball shouldn't force the user/consumer to do so much tinkering. I want to buy the game Day 1 and be able to start up a franchise then without having to worry so about so much tinkering. I want the season to be a consistent experience, and any change to the guts of the game I make during it leaves me feeling dirty. Yet after those Indians games last night, I'm ready to roll in the mud.
1) You want them to adapt yet you yourself refuse to adapt...
2) When is baseball ever a consistent experience? Sometimes you lead 3-0 and the other team scores 4. Not to be blunt, but how do you know it's CPU comeback and not you failing to close the deal? I played 15 games in MLB 09 before I even made the mandatory fielding adjustments, another 20-25 before I made any offensive adjustments.

Psychobulk from OS Forum said:
Anyway, as i always say, enjoy, please give feedback but DO NOT give it on a game by game basis, it is genuinely meaningless, you will not get a true flavour of how these will play out for you until you have played at least 20/30 games with them, so please, dont come on here saying i won 16-2 and hit 8 homers (because it will happen at some point as thats baseball) or ive only scored 2 runs in 4 games and cant get the ball out of the infield (because it will happen at some point as thats baseball) because over time they WILL even themselves out, just like the real season does.

Anyway, enough from me, just trust me on this, if you take the time and patience to play long enough with these WITHOUT passing judgment, you will see that in the end all will work out.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...rs/402106-perfect-slider-set-mlb-10-show.html

RdN

Today when I was playing one of the commentators said: "You're supposed to be the Designated Hitter, not the Designated Watcher! Swing the bat, it's right there !!.

Made me LOL. :lol

The Frankman said:
... so you're using the old sliders which you've ranted and everyone acknowledged is a relative experience but YOU KNOW don't work + there are other mandatory adjustments you haven't made... AND YOU'RE STILL COMPLAINING? Seriously dude...

Listen to my main point, man. The default sliders need to be better than they are. The end.

"Mandatory adjustments" is a bullshit phrase that you're throwing around as a staunch fanboy of the game. I like the game - otherwise I wouldn't be this angry - but it deserves some blame for the problems I've documented. These are not preferential issues, like reversing the y-axis or something. These are issues that take consistent player input and then vary it in what I consider to be unfair ways.

Not everyone has time to slog through 50, one hour games, tweaking variables that oftentimes are left unexplained in the player manual - and oftentimes don't become evident until the player is skilled enough to realize what is happening (I chalked up most problems with my rookie effort last year to user error). Not everyone knows to go to Operation Sports and read through page upon page of messages to figure out how to make the game work best for them.

Yes, there is a large degree of relativity in each person's experience. But from my limited online experience, that relativity seems a lot more fair in peer-to-peer matchups than when playing the computer. I am a player who likes single player franchises. And when I start my franchise - which I expect to be able to do Day 1 - I don't want to have to mess with things in media res. I want my stats to portray a consistent season with consistent slider variables - and for that to happen, the defaults need to be better.

They are not the "old" sliders, as you call them. They are the "default" sliders, which should represent what the developer believes provides the best experience. If nobody acknowledges these sliders as good, then that is a problem with the game. Not with me.

The Show does not succeed in this sense. It succeeds greatly in an abundance of other ways. But this, plus bugs such as the Tropicana freeze which destroyed my first attempt at a season, make me believe I should wait a few months for bug fixes and community-provided adjustments before I invest myself and my money in the next installment.

doktorpeace said:
Listen to my main point, man. The default sliders need to be better than they are. The end
...Isn't the fact people have to make so many adjustments prove this point already?
"Mandatory adjustments" is a bullshit phrase that you're throwing around as a staunch fanboy of the game. I like the game - otherwise I wouldn't be this angry - but it deserves some blame for the problems I've documented. These are not preferential issues, like reversing the y-axis or something. These are issues that take consistent player input and then vary it in what I consider to be unfair ways.
Mandatory adjustments is a phrase I and many others throw around in order to play a remotely realistic experience. See point 1.
Not everyone has time to slog through 50, one hour games, tweaking variables that oftentimes are left unexplained in the player manual - and oftentimes don't become evident until the player is skilled enough to realize what is happening (I chalked up most problems with my rookie effort last year to user error). Not everyone knows to go to Operation Sports and read through page upon page of messages to figure out how to make the game work best for them.
Which is why there are many forums that do it for you, one being MLB 10 Community page and another being Operation Sports, in which the devs actually visit and comment on patches/sliders/etc. I posted a link so you yourself could see that.
Yes, there is a large degree of relativity in each person's experience. But from my limited online experience, that relativity seems a lot more fair in peer-to-peer matchups than when playing the computer. I am a player who likes single player franchises. And when I start my franchise - which I expect to be able to do Day 1 - I don't want to have to mess with things in media res. I want my stats to portray a consistent season with consistent slider variables - and for that to happen, the defaults need to be better.
See point 1. Also, it sounds like you're caught in between; you don't believe the adjustments and don't want to make them, yet hope against hope the default sliders will suddenly work. If you don't believe me, maybe you'll believe the devs/testers who post here: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/scea-sports-mlb/
They are not the "old" sliders, as you call them. They are the "default" sliders, which should represent what the developer believes provides the best experience. If nobody acknowledges these sliders as good, then that is a problem with the game. Not with me.

The Show does not succeed in this sense. It succeeds greatly in an abundance of other ways. But this, plus bugs such as the Tropicana freeze which destroyed my first attempt at a season, make me believe I should wait a few months for bug fixes and community-provided adjustments before I invest myself and my money in the next installment.
That may be, I didn't pick 09 up until Opening Week.

eznark said:
I've never touched the sliders in four seasons of playing the game.
As defensively challenged as the Brewers OF is I wouldn't touch the sliders either :D

again, it's a relative experience. Most of the slider crap I saw was when people tried to figure out what factors go into CPU Comeback. Then I saw the fielding one and I was like "wow WTF didn't I do this earlier?" Last year I remember doing the change vs. Cincy, Adam Dunn suddenly reverted from Neo-Mays into ... Adam Dunn.

Top Bottom