• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 14: The Show |OT| ?

oatmeal

Banned
So when they say "Play as you download" they mean "Fart around in the menus while you download"?

Lame.

inFamous let you play all the way to the beginning of Seattle.

Dinosur

One annoyance thus far - what's up with the game image not properly filling my 1080p screen? I did a quick search and couldn't find this mentioned but I'm sure I just missed it.

I haven't played it yet, but I'm assuming there should be overscan settings in the game options to fix that problem.

So when they say "Play as you download" they mean "Fart around in the menus while you download"?

Lame.

I rented Trials Fusion last week and even though it would let you boot the game in under a minute, the main menu wouldn't even load until it was 100% installed. Just sat there on a black screen progress bar like an old PS3 installation process.

L-gon

I haven't played it yet, but I'm assuming there should be overscan settings in the game options to fix that problem..

No setting for screen area in-game. There's one in the PS4 settings but it seems silly that it doesn't just work. No other PS4 game I own has this cropping issue.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Just got back from GameStop. Downloading now! Dude at GameStop wasn't able to get me my preorder code for the 20 dollar in game currency bonus though dammit. He told me to call them back later today to get it. That should be a fun call. Fuckin GameStop man...

How is this possible, don't they just print the code on the receipt?

Man I hope that doesn't happen to me..

shwimpy

Hmmm... I'm checking at work but it seems like my download finished. There's no way it download 40+ gigs this fast... Don't tell me I have to go into the game to download the rest... :/

Hmmm... I'm checking at work but it seems like my download finished. There's no way it download 40+ gigs this fast... Don't tell me I have to go into the game to download the rest... :/

Mine did that too. It was 5.5 gigs though. I'm guessing it's "ready to play" but still downloading the remaining 40 gigs.

Thanks, just happened upon this thread before reading your post.

I still find it odd that this game has the issue and no others I've played do.

What kind of TV do you have by the way?
Keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have this issue on my Bravia. I mean it's a freaking Sony game on a Sony console on a Sony TV. It better work....

was sold out at the Best Buy I went to so went to the Toys R Us that's almost next to it: only had two copies and I managed to get one. I'll try the game out later tonight

Mine did that too. It was 5.5 gigs though. I'm guessing it's "ready to play" but still downloading the remaining 40 gigs.

Yeah, it keeps on downloading in the background (At least Infamous did; I haven't started the MLB download yet.) Check the "options" menu while hovering over the game icon on the XMB, should show how much it's downloaded so far!

L-gon

What kind of TV do you have by the way?
Keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have this issue on my Bravia. I mean it's a freaking Sony game on a Sony console on a Sony TV. It better work....

Panasonic Viera TH50PZ85U plasma. Never had to adjust screen area for any console plugged into it.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Started to get nervous since you guys are saying it's taking forever to download. I just bought and started downloading mine on PSN about 30 minutes ago. 12 minutes left. It's usually me who has absolutely awful PSN download times.

WHEW.

MickeyPhree

Just played my first game as the marlins against Boston in Fenway. With out even messing with sliders, I lost 3-1. Very realistic game.

Quick counts is a godsend.

Yeah, it keeps on downloading in the background (At least Infamous did; I haven't started the MLB download yet.) Check the "options" menu while hovering over the game icon on the XMB, should show how much it's downloaded so far!

Ah, I'll check that. Thanks! Remote Play from work is a godsend...haha

EDIT: 10 of 47GB downloaded so far in about an hour. Hopefully it picks up speed a bit now that I'm not remote logged in anymore...

oatmeal

Banned
Finished installing! Bout to start an online game before beginning my RTTS.

You installed all 40G already?

I'm at 20%.

Side note, how do I handle the Roster files? I downloaded the OSFM roster, but don't know what to do with it. I put it on a USB stick (file structure is PS4 > SAVEDATA but I'm not seeing it in the OS).

Thoughts?

Picked this up after work. Every copy we had ,except for three, were sold by the time I left. Time to play franchise mode and build my dream Giants.

You installed all 40G already?

I'm at 20%.

Side note, how do I handle the Roster files? I downloaded the OSFM roster, but don't know what to do with it. I put it on a USB stick (file structure is PS4 > SAVEDATA but I'm not seeing it in the OS).

Thoughts?

Yea I think so. It was installing for around an hour.

Can't play online I keep losing connection before I pick a team

The Llama

Lame.

Well its up to the devs. Its a lot harder to do a "play as you download" for a sports game than it is with a game like inFamous, where they basically only let you play through a small, completely separate section of the game before making you wait to download the rest.

oatmeal

Banned
Well its up to the devs. Its a lot harder to do a "play as you download" for a sports game than it is with a game like inFamous, where they basically only let you play through a small, completely separate section of the game before making you wait to download the rest.

I don't know...they could have done a Cards/Sox exhibition game for 3 innings or something. Similar to the demo they had for MLB 08 (or was it 09?) back in the day.

Make that the first download and then let you fart around with that while it downloads.

Xater

Fuck it. Bought PSN credit from Amazon and bought the game with my US account. This way it was even cheaper than what Sony is selling the game over here for PS3. 43€ is totally fine by me.

Noticed these pics on another forum,

t1hKsDN.jpg

P0D8iNB.jpg

G5LO0CH.jpg

Seems pretty inconsistent in terms of visuals. PS3 version held it back?

oatmeal

Banned
Yep! I just sorted by total downloads and it was the second one listed.

Nice!

I can't do it until the game finishes downloading/installing. I may wait for the KNIGHTS roster which will come out tomorrow apparently.

We'll see...maybe I'll do RTTS with the OSFM and then Franchise with Knights.

Top Bottom