• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2010 Thread of Beret-Wearing Hippies Can Get the Frappé Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Are there any currently active players that have gotten around more than Matt Stairs? 12th team in 17 seasons (not counting '94).

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
CygnusXS said:
Are there any currently active players that have gotten around more than Matt Stairs? 12th team in 17 seasons (not counting '94).
12/17 = .7 seasons a team

Henry Blanco: 8/13 = .61 seasons a team

Henry Blanco am shitty journeyman champion!

wait he didn't play in 98, it throws the math off but he's still shitty champion

Y2Kev said:
12/17 = .7 seasons a team

Henry Blanco: 8/13 = .61 seasons a team

Henry Blanco am shitty journeyman champion!

wait he didn't play in 98, it throws the math off but he's still shitty champion

No wonder he's on the lolMets.

cashman

Banned
ToxicAdam said:
Indians steal a win today. Andrus and Young make consecutive errors on easy plays, then Choo comes up and smacks a bomb.

Feels good. They needed some luck to go their way.

Total game time: 2 hours and 3 minutes.
I never really just how good a hitter Choo is until this series, he hit two clutch home runs this series.

Doytch

Carlos Lee. 3 for 31, all singles. 1 walk. OPS+ is -41. Negative forty-one.

e: Whoops, that didn't include today's stats. He's actually 3 for 35.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Doytch said:
12 in 15, Ron Villone. Two separate stints with the M's and Astros, too.

And your math's all messed, Kev. :D

Are we counting repeat teams? Blanco isn't the shitty champion anymore but I believe it's 8 teams and 13 years! That's .61!

BigAT

I love when the Yankees announcers are forced to do reads for all of the shitty My9 shows. My absolute favorite was Jim Kaat reading off an advertisement for Moesha when he was still around.

Doytch

Pierre :lol :lol

Dude ran past third on a flyball, and when he was returning to second after it was caught, he didn't retouch third base, and got tagged out.

JambiBum

Doytch said:
Pierre :lol :lol

Dude ran past third on a flyball, and when he was returning to second after it was caught, he didn't retouch third base, and got tagged out.
:lol :lol :lol Some people just should stay in the minors. Fundamentals.

BigAT said:
I love when the Yankees announcers are forced to do reads for all of the shitty My9 shows. My absolute favorite was Jim Kaat reading off an advertisement for Moesha when he was still around.
:lol :lol I love when they do the smackdown ones myself.

carlos

thats some nice pop to the opposite field by heyward; reminds me a bit of ryan howard, actually
edit: lolmelky, thats 3-33 or 34 i believe

CygnusXS

I'm so glad Bobby double-subbed the Melkman into the game so he could get at least 2 AB instead of just PH with him. So, so glad.

carlos

why is bobby seemingly going with saito and wagner in non save situations, on consecutive days, when they play tomorrow as well? their arms will fall off by July

CygnusXS

carlos said:
why is bobby seemingly going with saito and wagner in non save situations, on consecutive days, when they play tomorrow as well? their arms will fall off by July
Once he presses the 'Good Relievers' button (Moylan), it's just too late to change course. 4 run lead? Too bad.

CygnusXS

Glad we could come back from that series opening atrocity and win the series. COL and PHI up next; going to be rough.

Doytch

DevelopmentArrested said:
Fred Lewis is indeed a Jay. Oh boy, here comes Frasor. Buckle your seat-belts.
Clarence'll be pissed. Gonna have to change the lineup again.

What do you do with him though? Platoon in RF with Bautista?

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Doytch said:
Clarence'll be pissed. Gonna have to change the lineup again.

What do you do with him though? Platoon in RF with Bautista?

"Platoon??"
gaston-cito-392-cp-080624.jpg

Lewis is going to just be a bench player.

Talon

God, Baseball Tonight has been awful since Howard was let go then Steve messed around with that PA. Buck Showalter is quite possibly the most boring human being out there. I could imagine nothing worse than having to endure a one-on-one meal with him. Man's the king of uninteresting anecdotes. And Bobby Valentine is a Major League dick.

Can't believe that Kruk-y is the best part of that team (excluding Ravech, of course).

Get'sMad

Talon- said:
God, Baseball Tonight has been awful since Howard was let go then Steve messed around with that PA. Buck Showalter is quite possibly the most boring human being out there. I could imagine nothing worse than having to endure a one-on-one meal with him. Man's the king of uninteresting anecdotes. And Bobby Valentine is a Major League dick.

Can't believe that Kruk-y is the best part of that team (excluding Ravech, of course).

Totally agree with you. ESPN's on air baseball analysis is terrible these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom