• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2010 Thread of Beret-Wearing Hippies Can Get the Frappé Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp

Jon said:
Jose Contreras is a bum! I have no faith in him whatsoever to hold a lead or keep a game tied.
Dude, if we couldn't even score an earned run against someone with six walks and basically no control, what makes you think we'll be able to handle someone who's actually pitching decently?

Jon

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
Just ignore everything Jon says.

The only reliever I trust so far is Baez. I haven't seen enough of Contreras to trust him, so I'll always assume he'll fail. Is that so wrong?

If you live expecting failure, you'll always be pleasantly surprised.

Sharp

Taxman said:
Juan Castro, I never thought I would be happy to see you hit.
In a way this is a good thing, I was sort of expecting a grand slam

But like I said, final score 3 - 1 Phillies.

Judging by the bullpen it looks like Jerry finally decided on his 8th inning guys. Igarashi and Feliciano warming up as it should be, and Feliciano will pitch the 8th to counter the lefties.

Get'sMad

Wasn't it last year in Colorado where Pelf had a shitty start and after he got pulled he left the clubhouse and just went running outside?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Lambtron said:
Liriano for comeback player of the year. God damn what a game today.
First time 7ip 0r since 06 apparently
STATS_MLB Twitter said:
Francisco Liriano of the #Twins worked 7 IP while allowing 0 R today, the 1st time he's worked 7+ w/ 0 R since 7/08/2006 at Texas.

modernkicks said:
Wasn't it last year in Colorado where Pelf had a shitty start and after he got pulled he left the clubhouse and just went running outside?
He was running in the wilderness to find his spirit animal in the Colorado Mountains.

Fatalah

2de2f5783d22413f966797de2be42383.jpg

Dang, I wish EA made a baseball game.

Jon

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
The only reliever you trust is Baez? Does Durbin not exist in your universe?

True, Durbin has pitched great so far. Bullpen all in all has been impressive, and I want to believe, I really do, but I can't. :(

eznark

Banned
Hart misplays two flyballs in right field to almost give the game away and still he laughs and laughs throughout the inning.

YOU MOTHERFUCKING INBRED RETARD, HAVE SOME PRIDE

Sharp

Zimmerman has a hamstring injury my ass. Thank god Dunn is hitting again, with both of them in the lineup our offense can actually be pretty damn potent.

Sharp

All right, all we have to do now is not blow this... I give us at least 50-50 odds.

Edit: Wait, Burnett? Downgrading to 25-75.

eznark said:
Hart misplays two flyballs in right field to almost give the game away and still he laughs and laughs throughout the inning.
YOU MOTHERFUCKING INBRED RETARD, HAVE SOME PRIDE
At least your tean is winning, geez.
modernkicks said:
Alright it looks like I'm just going to have to listen to the Mets on the radio til they lose again.
True story, during last year Mets' broke a losing streak when I forgot the Arizona game was on (1:10 start when I thought it was a night game). I did not watch or listen to a Mets game until they lost, check last year's thread.

Sharp

The Frankman said:
Capps is a pitcher who attacks you, you really can't do that in CPP... asking for trouble unless he mixes in some off-speed.
True, but honestly our best closer is in the minors right now so this is what we have to deal with.

Taxman

Our offense can't hit for shit today so it doesn't matter who the Nats put out. As long as they don't walk people they'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom