• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Suspends 12 more for PEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Well if they didn't fail anything and if MLB didn't have any evidence then the 12 obviously just accepted a 50 game suspension for no reason. Obviously.

who knows why they accepted it? maybe they were told to do so but we may as well blow up the current CBA because if all it takes is some piece of paper that says so and so injected themselves, then the current testing methodoligy is worthless.

linkboy

Really sick and fucking tired of hearing people applaud Selig and MLB for their hard stance on PED's.

The ONLY reason any of this is going down is because of this:

alg-fehr-selig-jpg.jpg

Congress making Selig look like a bumbling old grandpa who's in no control of the sport he presides over. Selig did nothing when Mcgwire and Sosa were crushing balls. Now he wants to appear hard on cheaters, so naturally he picks A-Rod to bear the weight. It's bullshit.

Exactly.

That season McGwire & Sosa had was the best thing to happen to baseball after the 94 Strike (and World Series cancellation) and MLB (and the owners knew it). If you believe that the owners\MLB didn't know that players were using PEDs, you're way to gullible.

The owners\MLB rode that gravy train until they couldn't ride it anymore.

@____@

Banned
who knows why they accepted it? maybe they were told to do so but we may as well blow up the current CBA because if all it takes is some piece of paper that says so and so injected themselves, then the current testing methodoligy is worthless.

Yea, because the PA would SURELY go along with that as would the owners. Truly that's the reason. It couldn't be they actually did use PEDs and the evidence the MLB had proved it. Nope. It was because Bud went in there with his gestapo like lawyers scaring the shit out of the players that the very existence of the league was in their hands and therefore they had to except blame when they were actually innocent.

sangreal

So because there are still players who are getting around the testing means that MLB shouldn't go over those that are found to have cheated thanks to other means? I am not expecting MLB to get 100% of the players that cheat. As long as one player does it, I don't care how the evidence comes to light, I want that player suspended/banned.

Thankfully more players are coming out against PED's and those that use them. I'd like to have a 2 times and you're gone policy but that's probably not gonna happen for a long time. I couldn't care less that Selig and friends were making money hand over fist during the late 90s/early 2000s. Selig is a prick, and? So are the players that cheat.

What the hell are you going on about? This is the post that you originally replied to:
And yet none of these guys failed piss tests. Good job on the testing, MLB.

It's just a comment about the testing failing to catch people. You're making up the rest of the argument yourself

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
For some reason, I can't hate A-Rod. I like the guy even though he's had some moments. What I want to know is how he used those drugs. I mean, it's not like cocaine or heroine but were the drugs used to augment recovery and help or to build muscle faster? Was it after a knee or hip surgery to help muscle mass sustain?

I'm sure football players use these types of things to recover faster and I can't blame them but I would like to see how these players are using them.

@____@

Banned
they didn't get anything, they just have paperwork, no piss to speak of.

Apparently that 'paperwork' was convincing enough for 12 players to throw in the towel. But yea, it was probably just pretty drawings by their kids that causes them to forfeit millions of dollars, their reputation, and the rest of the season. Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom