• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLG Pro Circuit 2011 Columbus - June 3-5, 2011 - Reach, Blops, SC2

zlatko

Banned
jasonng said:
Good thing I'm not in the contest because I would be rubbing one out right now.

Oh shit I forgot to check in on that. I bowed out last night, but forgot to mention it. Ah well, I'm weak like that. :(

Tacitus_ said:
ggOlA.gif

And now for extended series bullshit for finals

ONCE AGAIN. Extended series doesn't effect Double Elimination tournament finals. The only person it benefits is Losira, who took a game from MMA earlier. If it were a real double elim, the number of games needed to win is exactly the same.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
MLG really need to make oneslight adition to the rules, make the winners bracket final and loser bracket final Bo5 and the big final bo7

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Thoraxes said:
That Nydus use. Holy shit.
I really was rooting for MC, but man, great play by Losira. The finals will be interesting.
Finals will be line/bane and poorly controlled mutas.

Unless Losira has a completely different style ready for us!!!

MMA up 2-1 vs Losira in a Bo7 (If I understand it)

ultron87

HolyCheck said:
MLG really need to make oneslight adition to the rules, make the winners bracket final and loser bracket final Bo5 and the big final bo7

That makes things a little unfair in Double Elimination though.

Atrophis

OMG that was so great. How you like creep in your base MC?? Losira you chipmunked face beauty!

"We will be going commercial free for the entirety of the Finals"

Mairu

StopMakingSense said:
ONCE AGAIN. Extended series doesn't effect Double Elimination tournament finals. The only person it benefits is Losira, who took a game from MMA earlier.
How does it not effect double elimination finals? We're starting out at 2-1 instead of 0-0 with 2 bo3s. Losira has to win three games, MMA has to win two. Losira would've had to win four games without extended series. It still effects it :p

Mindlog

If Losira had too many messages after game 2 now he's going to have to play the last game as a smurf.

The most successful non-Blizzcon SC tournament in NA easy right? TL match thread starts on page 1212.

Mairu said:
How does it not effect double elimination finals? We're starting out at 2-1 instead of 0-0 with 2 bo3s. Losira has to win three games, MMA has to win two. Losira would've had to win four games without extended series. It still effects it :p

Totally true, I'm just so used to people not understanding that it's not unfair to the person who lost the previous matchup.

PhoenixDark said:
MLG running out of seats again. Sounds like it has been a complete success this weekend. Very happy for Sundance and the crew.

Again? I didn't see one available seat there in any of the three sections when I was there yesterday. Like the sign said "IKEA needs to sponsor MLG!!"

saichi

MC can't even beat Nestea's understudy.... Who is gonna stop Nestea from taking the super tournament now?

It would be funny if MMA wins this MLG since it would make MC > MMA (in up and down matches), Losira > MC and MMA > Lorisa. SC2 is balanced confirmed!

saichi said:
MC can't even beat Nestea's understudy.... Who is gonna stop Nestea from taking the super tournament now?

It would be funny if MMA wins this MLG since it would make MC > MMA (in up and down matches), Losira > MC and MMA > Lorisa. SC2 is balanced confirmed!
Definately not MC cause he got knocked out first round :p

My moneys on sC

Mairu

saichi said:

MC is out of ST anyways (and so is Losira hehe)

Awesome Animals said:
Still wish we had Day[9] and Artosis/Tasteless. Fuck throw DJWheat in there too. Four man cast!!!

yup, i'm going to attempt to have both streams up to emulate this. One will be slightly out of sync, just like TSL!

Top Bottom