• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

DMczaf

xwteVqVl.png

Heel, why is Dana turning more into Vince?

zewone

Anyone watching Tuesday Night Contender?

Snoop Dogg and Urijah Faber are doing commentary. Both cursing and Snoop is smoking joints live right now.

This is pretty fucking entertaining.

Reminds me of UFC's own take (ripoff) of Rogan's Fight Companions.

EDIT: lol and they both are drinking gin and juice.

Anyone watching Tuesday Night Contender?

Snoop Dogg and Urijah Faber are doing commentary. Both cursing and Snoop is smoking joints live right now.

This is pretty fucking entertaining.

Reminds me of UFC's own take (ripoff) of Rogan's Fight Companions.

EDIT: lol and they both are drinking gin and juice.

I was watching the regular broadcast and wondering where the hell snoop was and after the first or second fight they mentioned it was a separate broadcast altogether. That shit was hilarious! I'll be watching the snoopcast every Tuesday from here on out.

Gaethje needs no TUF hype right now. He's on fire and best thing would be to throw him right back in after medical clearance. Barbosa or Gil Melendez would be ideal.

Give me Gaethje vs Cerrone every month for a year or until one of them dies in the cage.

Gaethje is going to be on medical suspension for a while after that war so he has time to do TUF.

Tom_Cody

FYI: I have a press credential for the NYC event tomorrow.

I will probably get to ask each fighter a question, so please let me know if you have any suggestions.

I'm especially eager to hear from you MMA folks since I'm more from the boxing side of things. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I will probably get to ask each fighter a question, so please let me know if you have any suggestions.

I'm especially eager to hear from you MMA folks since I'm more from the boxing side of things. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ask Conor if he could beat prime Bruce Lee

Fox318

Floyd: Have you been shocked by the support and attention McGregor has brought to this fight?

Conor: Have you found that Boxing's limitations on strikes limited your fight visualisation or has it made irt easier?

Or

Floyd fights very differently from most fighters in that his number one priority is to not get hit and not attack, has that been a tough thing to gameplay around as there will probably be no opportunity to counter?

Dana: Should Conor lose do you see this impacting his drawing power and the UFC as a brand? You've already had one star run away from the sport with her tail between her legs, do you think Conor would react the same way shjoupd he lose?

It's going around Twitter that Conor told Mayweather to "dance for me, boy" at a press event.

Disgraceful.

McGregor is not American. He is not totally aware of the racial connotations that apply to every situation in regards to the vernacular of shit talking. I highly doubt he meant this in a racist way. Much more likely he was referring to the way people mock Floyd's defensive style.

But you let it rustle your jimmies if it makes you feel better.

zewone

Ask either of them if Conor's contract had a clause that said he couldn't mention Mayweather's domestic violence in the press.

bTYFY4b.png

Chumley

Banned
Ask either of them if Conor's contract had a clause that said he couldn't mention Mayweather's domestic violence in the press.

bTYFY4b.png

I still think Conor saves that for tomorrow or Friday. He dropped the illiteracy bomb today. Though I could also easily imagine he signed something saying he couldn't mention the DV record.

zewone

Nate Diaz's strategy of sitting on the couch has earned him a spot in the top 5 lightweights.

Thus, setting up the trilogy match in December with McGregor.

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/MNC7UoZl.png[/img]

Chumley

Banned
That's a good one but I feel like Conor knows that's not going to make him more money.

Floyd is already the heel, that just makes him an even bigger heel for people who didn't know about the DV record.

Nate Diaz's strategy of sitting on the couch has earned him a spot in the top 5 lightweights.

Thus, setting up the trilogy match in December with McGregor.

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/MNC7UoZl.png[/img]

He's going to have to fight at 155 if he wants another fight with Conor, and I would only imagine that weight class gives Conor the edge.

Fox318

Floyd is already the heel, that just makes him an even bigger heel for people who didn't know about the DV record.

He's going to have to fight at 155 if he wants another fight with Conor, and I would only imagine that weight class gives Conor the edge.
They need to pay him for that and I'm not even sure Nate wants to fight anymore.

McGregor's legend is growing by the day. Sure he's selling the fight but more importantly, he's selling his brand. The likes of HBO, Showtime, Hollywood, Nike, etc are probably in his ear right now trying to plot his next 100 million dollar move.

He says he wants another MMA fight before the end of the year but I can see him buying out his contract with the UFC. Or maybe he does the UFC a favor and helps the UFC sign new TV deals with HBO with "McGregor Sports Entertainment" as partner.

Heel

I'm not much into the wrestling lingo but isn't this 'breaking kayfabe?'

Right, brother Mak. My good friend bean breath has informed me that in professional wrestling, goodies and baddies are never to ride in the same bus, and they have thus "exposed the business".

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Right, brother Mak. My good friend bean breath has informed me that in professional wrestling, goodies and baddies are never to ride in the same bus, and they have thus "exposed the business".
Wow bean breath what a great name.

Top Bottom