• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

Haunted

Lifetime UFC ban, strip him of all titles past and present, strike him from all discussions about being the goat.

This shit needs to have consequences.

Lifetime UFC ban, strip him of all titles past and present.

Agreed completely

In my opinion he hasn't been in serious discussion for Greatest anything (except maybe cheater and fuckup) for at least 2 years now, so I'm especially not taking any of his fans' praise for him seriously after this.

Especially compared to Cormier because holy shit. One cheated 0 times ever trying to fight the other, the other cheated every single time. Would you believe the one who cheated already supposedly had every advantage, including youth, health, height, and reach?

the athletic commisions will ban him, it'll never happen but II hope UFC releases him from his contract so that he has to go finish his career doing some carny ass fights in Russia or something.

Fox318

the athletic commisions will ban him, it'll never happen but II hope UFC releases him from his contract so that he has to go finish his career doing some carny ass fights in Russia or something.

maxresdefault.jpg

if he's under contract with UFC they will sue his ass and stop him from fighting anywhere.

I wonder if they could get around UFC's contract by booking Brock vs Jones as a shoot fight at Wrestlemania?
He can wear a mask when he fights outside the UFC. He could fight under the name Bon "Jones" Bones.

FUME5

From the current UFC rankings page:

Champion : Jon Jones
1 Daniel Cormier
2 Alexander Gustafsson
3 Volkan Oezdemir
4 Glover Teixeira
5 Jimi Manuwa
6 Mauricio Rua
7 Ovince Saint Preux
8 Corey Anderson
9 Misha Cirkunov
10 Ilir Latifi
11 Rogerio Nogueira
12 Patrick Cummins
13 Gadzhimurad Antigulov
14 Gian Villante
15 Tyson Pedro

Yikes.

From the current UFC rankings page:

Champion : Jon Jones
1 Daniel Cormier
2 Alexander Gustafsson
3 Volkan Oezdemir
4 Glover Teixeira
5 Jimi Manuwa
6 Mauricio Rua
7 Ovince Saint Preux
8 Corey Anderson
9 Misha Cirkunov
10 Ilir Latifi
11 Rogerio Nogueira
12 Patrick Cummins
13 Gadzhimurad Antigulov
14 Gian Villante
15 Tyson Pedro

Yikes.

The champ is 38 and everyone else outside of maybe Vulkan is either a hasbeen or a never was.

Mark Hunt did a fantastic anti-cheating/doping op-ed for PlayersVoice https://www.playersvoice.com.au/mark-hunt-if-i-die-fighting-thats-fine/

My body is fucked but my mind is still here.

Sometimes I don’t sleep well. You can hear me starting to stutter and slur my words. My memory is not that good anymore. I’ll forget something I did yesterday but I can remember the shit I did years and years ago.

tbh his mind sounds pretty fucked too.

VoxPop

Bellator/Viacom would be smart here to throw insane amounts of cash at Jon if possible. It ups their credibility a ton and could bring them into the mainstream. Getting the P4P best fighter in the world despite the PEDs is a huge deal.

Can't even imagine the shitshow if Volkan somehow boops Cormier.

Bellator/Viacom would be smart here to throw insane amounts of cash at Jon if possible. It ups their credibility a ton and could bring them into the mainstream. Getting the P4P best fighter in the world despite the PEDs is a huge deal.

Can't even imagine the shitshow if Volkan somehow boops Cormier.

Where will he fight? He is surely going to be suspended for a few years

Top Bottom