• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

brentech

LOL

unknown.png

Just weighed in 1 pound over

MaFmUgp.jpg

Update: Kevin Lee missed weight

So to recap Dana White's Wild Ride:
Nunes pulls out of 213, rebooked for 215. Dana says she'll never main event again
Borg pulls out of 215, rebooked for 216. Nunes elevated to main event
DJ made co-main of 216, Lee misses weight, DJ about to be elevated to main

Chesskid1

Banned
in one of fergs/kevins shit talking sessions, tony said he made khabib verbally tap out cause of his shit talking, kinda funny lol

The docs need to approve the extra hour. I dont care.

So to recap Dana White's Wild Ride:
Nunes pulls out of 213, rebooked for 215. Dana says she'll never main event again
Borg pulls out of 215, rebooked for 216. Nunes elevated to main event

DJ made co-main of 216, Lee misses weight, DJ about to be elevated to main

LOOOOL. Thank god Dana has no hair.

SoundLad

any guesses on how he managed to cut 1 and a half pounds in an hour??

He looked so drained when he first stepped on the scale, scary to think what happened after..

I thought it stays on even if he's slightly over, only he takes a pay cut. Unless I'm totally mistaken on the rules.

As far as I'm aware, the fight would have stayed on but only Ferguson could have won the interim title if he'd won. If Lee had won he wouldn't have been rewarded because he still missed the weight.

Syder

Kevin Lee nearly ruined my weekend there. Saw the notification on my phone, checked google, 1 hour ago 'Kevin Lee misses weight', assumed he had no time left, came here and saw that he just about made it... Phew

As far as I'm aware, the fight would have stayed on but only Ferguson could have won the interim title if he'd won. If Lee had won he wouldn't have been rewarded because he still missed the weight.
This is what happened when Max Holloway faced Anthony Pettis. Pettis missed weight but Holloway won anyway and took the interim belt.

anyone see kevin winning?
Sure, Lee is a great competitor with a very bright future and when they get in there, who knows what could happen, but Tony Ferguson is just on another level in my opinion, having a win streak like this in a fairly competitive division like that is incredible.

Tuorom

Neo Member
any guesses on how he managed to cut 1 and a half pounds in an hour??

He looked so drained when he first stepped on the scale, scary to think what happened after..

Going into a sauna with five garbage bags on while in three layers of -25 rated sleeping bags, while being beaten by your trainer so the little blood you bleed helps you cut weight.

zewone

while being beaten by your trainer so the little blood you bleed helps you cut weight.

I've never heard of this, but I believe it. Shit is crazy. The fans don't care about weight cuts, I really hope they figure this shit out before someone dies.

Syder

It's crazy that even a young, natural athlete like Kevin Lee struggles to make weight

It's appears Tiramisu is kryptonite to Lightweights

Whoa... why are people coming at Rumble?

This started with DC and his "we aren't friends anymore" cry baby shiet because apparently Rumble is so good at giving pointers to the point he got choked out in both fights against him but somehow he gave Jones the master plan to beating DC ...again

Rumble just replied to DC crying and rebutted with "we were never friends"

I love Tony, but I hope Lee wins. I think he can beat Tony on the ground, he has remarkable control and situational awareness. He fights level-headed and calm. Standing, I think it's actually a bit more even then people want to admit.

Anyone else think both Duqesnoy and Vannata are catching Ls tonight?

Per Esther Lin

DLeoANRUMAAHPcX.jpg

We've found the new weightcut.jpg

I think the McGregor one is still worse looking than this.

Still, that anyone would question the heart of these fighters just boggles my mind.

Shit i really wanted to see Black Beast put a permanent derp face on Werdum.

I don't really know who I want to see win the main. Will be happy for either Tony or Kevin.

at least its something:

Fabricio Werdum will now fight Walt Harris on the UFC 216 PPV main card
#UFC216

This is what i was thinking they might do just take someone off the prelims.

Walt Harris is 10-5 overall but every win of his is a KO and hes on a two win streak, it'd be crazy if he knocked werdum out

Top Bottom