• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

charsace

1020111_o.gif

From Poly

He broke his socket right there. I doubt that was cro cop's aim when he threw that punch.

ShaneB

If 146 gets boring I'm going to rewatch that. Elbow drops onto the sheet metal.... then the dude getting beat up by the doll, genius.

IF?! You sir have high hopes for an all heavyweight main card... is it still all heavyweight? I don't even know anymore with the clusterfuck it became... that I predicted.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
IF?! You sir have high hopes for an all heavyweight main card... is it still all heavyweight? I don't even know anymore with the clusterfuck it became... that I predicted.

If there's one more injury/withdrawal from the card I think Dana White is just going to say "fuck it" and make the main event JDS vs. the same 53-year-old dude who Stephan Bonnar filmed who took a fight on an hour's notice.

I want everyone reading, regulars and passive-aggressive lurkers alike, to watch this video to remind us all why we're here. There is a beauty to this sport unlike any other. We must all recapture the childlike fan spirit of Susumu Nagao before it's too late.
I love the "Mirko was so nice, kicking, punching." He says it with such deep affection.

Paraphrasing: "I love Pride, but if not for UFC I wouldn't be here, so I love UFC. Also UFC is all that's here, so we must love it."

ShaneB

If there's one more injury/withdrawal from the card I think Dana White is just going to say "fuck it" and make the main event JDS vs. the same 53-year-old dude who Stephan Bonnar filmed who took a fight on an hour's notice.

If each main card fight is over quickly, it would be nice to get in a bunch of the prelim fights. I don't think I could last the night seeing each main card fight go the distance.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
If each main card fight is over quickly, it would be nice to get in a bunch of the prelim fights. I don't think I could last the night seeing each main card fight go the distance.

Being an all heavyweight card they're either all going to a) last 3 minutes before a KO or b) go to a sloppy gassed-out decision.

There's definitely going to be some time to see highlights of the lighter weights.

MjFrancis

Being an all heavyweight card they're either all going to a) last 3 minutes before a KO or b) go to a sloppy gassed-out decision.
Yeah, this card is ridiculously predictable. We could probably guess who will gas and who will get knocked out pretty easily, too.

What I don't know is if Dave Herman still looks like the offspring of Chewbacca. Or has he bought a razor since we last saw him?

yacobod

Banned

There's definitely going to be some time to see highlights of the lighter weights.

Bullshit friend, I rather watch a quality HW fight like Barnett/Cormier or JDS/Mir over crap like Faber/Cruz or any fight with Mighty Mouse Johnson.

Highly skilled big guys that can end a fight at a moment's notice is high tension and compelling entertainment.

Watching two midgets slug it out in an oversized dog cage w/out the tools and hopes to finish a fight, because they don't have the power of an average sized adult, is not entertaining.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
As if every heavyweight fight is on par with Barnett/Cormier (which went to decision and featured DC running away for the entirey of R5). You're more likely to get a card full of Browne/Broughton quality scraps.

Bullshit friend, I rather watch a quality HW fight like Barnett/Cormier or JDS/Mir over crap like Faber/Cruz or any fight with Mighty Mouse Johnson.

Highly skilled big guys that can end a fight at a moment's notice is high tension and compelling entertainment.

Watching two midgets slug it out in an oversized dog cage w/out the tools and hopes to finish a fight, because they don't have the power of an average sized adult, is not entertaining.

Couldn't have said this better myself. I love HW fights anything can happen at any given moment. HW battles are very tense and exciting, much better than BW and FYW fights by a landslide.

Heel

yaco, has nearly every single 125 lb. fight in the Ultimate proven you wrong so far yes or not.

I'd pick heavyweight.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Mir said that he is going to pull guard as soon as he can.
RIP JDS

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I think we should discuss whether the term hype train is still applicable after the fighter in question has won the championship.

ShaneB

I think we should discuss whether the term hype train is still applicable after the fighter in question has won the championship.

But apparently you only win the championship because everyone you face is terrible anyway. They lose, they must be cans. So champions only defeat cans.

Ænima

Agreed 100%. Even a good lower-tier heavyweight fight like Johnson/Barry is more exciting than watching a couple of guys with the bodies of 12-year-olds fight.

ShaneB

Untill they become cans. Which we knew they were all along.

You just blew my mind. Nothing but cans.

The WEC events were putting the UFC to shame, and I'm convinced that comparison was why they retired the brand.

I've mentioned before my dislike for most heavyweights and would be perfectly content if the division was removed entirely. I miss those WEC events definitely, always incredible stuff going on.

Boogie

Y'all can snicker and dismiss the little guys all you want, but deep in your hearts you know that in its last couple of years, the WEC put on some of the most exciting fight cards of all time.

OF ALL TIME

Heel

Last call for the Cain 2.0 hype train, fickle MMA fans. Chamber and I are gonna drive this shit 'til the wheels fall off. A return to unstoppable status is all but guaranteed.

You just blew my mind. Nothing but cans.
Jump on the Anderson Silva dehype train. Only a matter of time before he is exposed as the can he always was.

Last call for the Cain 2.0 hype train, fickle MMA fans. Chamber and I are gonna drive this shit 'til the wheels fall off. A return to unstoppable status is all but guaranteed.
I'd like to see him fight Black Fedor after his hand recovers from Bigfoot's face.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole

Yeah, I still berieve in Cain. Big Foots a pretty damn tough opponent though so it can go either way.

That stunt thing looks dangerous, people right next to the ramps and stuff.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Cain knocking out Big Foot is the Stone Cold Lock of the Night. Well, besides JDS ko'ing Murr inside of 3 minutes.

ShaneB

Y'all can snicker and dismiss the little guys all you want, but deep in your hearts you know that in its last couple of years, the WEC put on some of the most exciting fight cards of all time.

OF ALL TIME

AGREED. Pettiscagejumpheadkick to anyone that disagrees.

Jump on the Anderson Silva dehype train. Only a matter of time before he is exposed as the can he always was.

I've hated Anderson Silva for as long as I've liked MMA, so I'm already on that train.

Heel

frank-mir-headphones.gif

Frank Mir, soon to be HW GOAT, and p4p best GIF in the business.

JDS or Cain Frank Mir is the Greatest Heavyweight of All Time.

Whoever wins.

Heel how did you miss this Ultimate Bad MMA event of motocross bicycles flying over the ring while two dudes are fighting inside of it? What promotion is this? We must have a live stream of the next event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-UNv0MHRaQ

I got next event guy being TKOd by a motorcycle crushing his skull in when it fucks up the jump.

lol

Top Bottom