• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans S2TEKKADAN is MURDERERS, HAIL GHALLARJORN

Rymuth

What episode was this in? I don't recall this happening.
It was right after the earth branch was deemed a failure and he closed shop and came back to Mars. He discovered they were sleeping together and told everyone and they were like "lol ok?"

casiopao

IBO, Thunderbolt, Origins, Build Fighters, they've been doing some pretty good stuff. That trainwreck that is G-Reco was a setback though.

If only Sunrice don't F'up G-Reco that badly lol.

Lets see if its movie can salvage the show a bit there.T_T

AALLx

If only Sunrice don't F'up G-Reco that badly lol.

Lets see if its movie can salvage the show a bit there.T_T

Sunrice's only fuck up is letting Tomino direct.

---------------------------

I don't get people who call IBO bad/terrible because it is pointless and yet praise Thunderbolt, Stardust Memory, or War in the Pocket. I'm pretty sure that pointlessness is the point in itself, but for some reason it's okay if it's UC but not okay if it's an alternate universe.

deim0s

ba3PSKr.png

Can't wait.

casiopao

Sunrice's only fuck up is letting Tomino direct.

---------------------------

I don't get people who call IBO bad/terrible because it is pointless and yet praise Thunderbolt, Stardust Memory, or War in the Pocket. I'm pretty sure that pointlessness is the point in itself, but for some reason it's okay if it's UC but not okay if it's an alternate universe.

If they from the first don't want to let Tomino direct, they should said and don't made it end up what a half baked series as they suddenly cut the episode number there. Sunrise probably just hate Tomino there.

Theres going to be a season 3 isn't there

Like werent the gundam supposed to transform or something?

Can't have a season 3 if the entire casts wipes this weekend.

As for the show. I've liked it alot. It's not perfect, but I've ended up buying in. S2 has been great. I've been constantly surprised by it.

I dont like the mecha tho. Weakest part. But otherwise, it's a pretty good entry to the franchise

The one thing that annoys me the most in this show is all the cockpit stabs/crushes where the pilots all live perfectly fine.

Lafter, Aze, Shino, Galigali, Mika, Iok, Jullieta and probably more should all be dead or have died much earlier.

It's so dumb. Either show it and mean it or don't bother at all.

tbh I'm not a fan of laser beams and laser sword shit, I might give thunderbolt a chance simply because of it's animation quality and being fairly short but I don't think I'll ever watch a gundam show again.

Barbartos Lupus being the sexy motherfucker that he is and that godly macesword are the only reason I even started watching season 2, I was disgusted by the end of season 1.

casiopao

Well, there's still Mika's kid.

They'll name him after Lafter; Lafty Nabiyu Erin

Hey don't forget the Bernstein name behind there as to complete the full pain experience, they will make Atra die when she give birth and Kudelia being her mother lol.^^

The one thing that annoys me the most in this show is all the cockpit stabs/crushes where the pilots all live perfectly fine.

Lafter, Aze, Shino, Galigali, Mika, Iok, Jullieta and probably more should all be dead or have died much earlier.

It's so dumb. Either show it and mean it or don't bother at all.

tbh I'm not a fan of laser beams and laser sword shit, I might give thunderbolt a chance simply because of it's animation quality and being fairly short but I don't think I'll ever watch a gundam show again.

Barbartos Lupus being the sexy motherfucker that he is and that godly macesword are the only reason I even started watching season 2, I was disgusted by the end of season 1.

??? The reason why those 3 survive in S1 is because they got greenlight for S2. Thats why there is huge change in story which makes those 3 survive.

Julietta almost died there that she need a healing capsule treatment from fighting Mika so i am kinda confused on whats wrong with that here.

I think you are combining your hate toward certain character there with the series quality lol.^^

??? The reason why those 3 survive in S1 is because they got greenlight for S2. Thats why there is huge change in story which makes those 3 survive.

Julietta almost died there that she need a healing capsule treatment from fighting Mika so i am kinda confused on whats wrong with that here.

I think you are combining your hate toward certain character there with the series quality lol.^^

So you admit it was an asspull?

And the only character I've actively disliked in this show has been dead since last season so not really.

I can't dislike this show. Love these characters even though some episodes you know things won't end well.

I'll say this. I actually care about some of the characters.

Atra somehow ended up being my favorite. I usually HATE her type of character. But she I dunno... is charming or something.

McGillis... based on the fact this episode was called McGillis Fareed I knew he was going to die all week.

I was hopine he was going to die in his MSes. Somehow, thinking of a cockpit shot of his corpse fucked with me. But his actual death was handled well enough.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
One thing I like about IBO is that it convincingly sells these child soldiers as superior pilots than adults, not because they pilot prototype weapons (although some of them do) and not because they're Newtypes or SEED, but because they've had their bodies exploited and turned into war machines interfaces.

Taruranto

Shino had a death flag of the size of the moon (Especially if you include Yamagi's stuff). It would have been more surprising if he had survived lol.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
People think Lok is going to die? Hahahaha

Who else is pure of heart to lead Gallahorn into a new age after Rustal and MC's love eat it together.

Haly

By the way to dredge up an old discussion I disagree with duckroll's Tekkadan = Terrorists argument, even if I know he was half shitposting. I gave it some thought and came to the conclusion that while their actions has a lot in common with modern day terrorist organizations, their motivations are totally different.

Tekkadan operates on the very simple rules of family and friends above the law, and eye for an eye justice. They take in the outcasts and rejects of society and build them up to be soldiers, but they don't proactively recruit. We've seen that they have no trouble killing "fellow" Human Debris, because it's kill or be killed. They use violence when its necessary (and sometimes when it's not), but usually in retaliation or in service to some other organization. They don't actively pick fights. For the most part, the fights in IBO come to them due to the machinations of scheming EVIL adults. They have no propaganda, or system of indoctrination. Orga has made it clear multiple times that the people who are there want to be there. For most of their members, Tekkadan is a means of restoring the social status they lost as children due to the circumstances of birth. They're interested in political power in so far as it guarantees them a safe, prosperous environment to live in. This is probably the biggest difference between them and a proper terrorist organization. As far as I'm aware they have not actually made political demands for themselves and while they oppose the AV system and child soldiers on a moral level, they do not actively engage in reform via terrorist tactics. At most, they support revolutionaries whose ideals are in line with theirs, but this is more of a business transaction (and oftentimes, the people they support are "adopted" into their family).

All this makes them a mafia, specifically the Italian American kind, or possibly a drug cartel (but without the drugs), who is an enemy of a corrupt regime. Orga's ideals in particular calls to mind The Wire's Stringer Bell, who also comes from a criminal background but is constantly trying to go "legit" and drag his "family", like D'Angelo, out of the social ghetto that is the drug trade.

All this makes them a mafia, specifically the Italian American kind, or possibly a drug cartel (but without the drugs), who is an enemy of a corrupt regime. Orga's ideals in particular calls to mind The Wire's Stringer Bell, who also comes from a criminal background but is constantly trying to go "legit" and drag his "family", like D'Angelo, out of the social ghetto that is the drug trade.

Stringer was motivated by selfish goals though, he wasn't really about family or lifting anyone else, especially D'Angelo who he never gave a shit about other than to sleep with his girlfriend.

Haly

Well, I don't think that's wrong but Stringer wasn't entirely selfish. I feel like in the scene on the rooftop of Stringer's penthouse suite he honestly wanted to leave the criminal life behind, and it was a dream he shared with D'Angelo back when they were both young. This being HBO and not anime means his motivations aren't as pure as Orga's but Orga is trying to leave behind the life of violence as well.

Well, I don't think that's wrong but Stringer wasn't entirely selfish. I feel like in the scene on the rooftop of Stringer's penthouse suite he honestly wanted to leave the criminal life behind, and it was a dream he shared with D'Angelo back when they were both young. This being HBO and not anime means his motivations aren't as pure as Orga's but Orga is trying to leave behind the life of violence as well.

Oh you mean Avon, not D'Angelo. That makes more sense.

Haly

NpbZp4g.jpg

Way too lewd~

EDIT: Caught up. Best Gundam since GBF.

Shun

We are screening the final episode soon, thank you all for your support and look forward to a special surprise.

5kZsaGH.jpg

Top Bottom