• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Footage. Spoilers within, click accordingly.

DoomGyver

I'm not sure why they multiplied all of the scores by 10.

Instead of winning at 750 now you win at 7500. Make people feel like they're accomplishing more? whatever.

DoomGyver

Spriig said:
Judging from these gameplay videos Snipers are near extinct. No scope footage at all GameTrailers?
I don't think they had any sniping classes available for the event. Probably saving it for later.

Raxus

Snipers really don't see much play in small confined maps. Also, you can only mess with a few classes from the get go since you start at level one so most people probably didn't even unlock sniper.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
That Afghan map looks really well designed and fun. All the maps they've shown have a drastically different color field than the first game. Really like the direction they're going with adding a lot of color variety to the game.

Flunkie

Banned
Raxus said:
Snipers really don't see much play in small confined maps. Also, you can only mess with a few classes from the get go since you start at level one so most people probably didn't even unlock sniper.
Oh I use M21 quick-scoping burst fire in small maps all the time.

Raxus

Flunkie said:
Oh I use M21 quick-scoping burst fire in small maps all the time.
Regular scope? I can't stand sniping like that. Anyway most people that played were only level 4 or lower. The M21 you use isn't unlocked until MUCH later.

Raxus said:

Snipers in general were a bit nerfed in COD 4 simply due to how the map flow works on certain maps. Which is another reason why suppressed snipers don't bother me. Hopefully it makes them a bit more potent even.

Raxus

HooCares said:
Excited FRAG3 is gone. Grenade Spam sucked. Hopefully Martydom and Last Stand follow Suit - hated those perks.
They fixed the grenade indicator and grenades seem to have been nerfed somewhat (could just be the indicator is just that good now).

Last stand wasn't bad it just really sucked to lose your kill and only get 2 points or die because the person is invincible for a second. Hopefully it has been addressed (they seem to be on the ball about that based on the new indicator alone).

Spriig

Banned
Raxus said:
I have been playing with the M40A3 and nothing else for about half a year now. Shipment or Creek im not bothered. I swear I seen someone get taken out by a sniper in the first lot of gameplay videos on GameTrailers.com. Unfortunately the player diddnt watch the kill cam.

Cerberus

Killstreak Rewards

3 Kills: UAV
4 Kills: Care Package or Counter-UAV
5 Kills: Sentry Gun or Predator Missile
6 Kills: Precision Airstrike
7 Kills: Attack Helicopter
9 Kills: Pave Low
11 Kills: AC130

6 other killstreak rewards are still unknown.

Flunkie

Banned
Raxus said:
Regular scope? I can't stand sniping like that. Anyway most people that played were only level 4 or lower. The M21 you use isn't unlocked until MUCH later.
Yeah, it works great. I find the ACOG to be way too inaccurate for what I do.

Eric WK

Good to see in the Afghan video that you can be killed while launching a controllable killstreak reward. You still continue through the process and respawn once it's done.

Cerberus said:
Killstreak Rewards

6 better things than an AC130?

*mind blown*

Raxus

Foliorum Viridum said:
6 better things than an AC130?

*mind blown*
6 things in between the lines, maybe 1 up there with AC130.

5 if you assume that airstrike will return to the game as well.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I know I'm in the minority of people who hate CoD4's netcode, but has anything been mentioned about changes in MW2s? :'(

Cerberus said:
Is the precision airstrike the same airstrike from COD4? Or have they mentioned it being completely different?
The description underneath it suggests that you can choose which direction the planes travel.

F#A#Oo

Banned
SnakeXs said:
I know I'm in the minority of people who hate CoD4's netcode, but has anything been mentioned about changes in MW2s? :'(

Host Migration is the biggest...other then that I'm sure they have just improved on smoothness and stability.

I don't know what else there is to mention or talk about really.

Dresden

Cerberus said:
Killstreak Rewards

It'd be great if they could put in like a 25-kill streak award, maybe even a 50 one.

MMaRsu

Banned
Eric WK said:
Dude, the same thing is in every FPS. I'll take the blood over generic red emanating from the sides of screen as in Call of Duty 4.

But the screen is already pretty cluttered with the +120 and KILLSTREAK stuff, not that I mind that because it looks awesome but the blood covers alot. You can barely see anything.

minx

Dresden said:
It'd be great if they could put in like a 25-kill streak award, maybe even a 50 one.

If anyone actually picked the 25 or 50 killstreak over a realistic I would have to call them an idiot. Unless of course it kill every single enemy at once, like 5 times.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
AnEternalEnigma said:
What do they need to change?

Need to? Probably not much, since most people don't care at all.

I just hate the hit detection. I hate the uncertainty not being client side brings. If I aim at a guy and fire I should hit him. I'm a reasonably skilled sniper in almost all other games (BF43, KZ2, CoD2 even), but I can't hit the broad side of a moving target for shit in CoD4.

I'm sure plenty will disagree, and I'm ok with it, but it just doesn't click with me. It won't get in the way of pouring way too many hours into it, though. :p

No_Style

All these additions with the admission of no MP beta doesn't help curb those balance worries.

Full Recovery said:
I'm not sure why they multiplied all of the scores by 10.

Instead of winning at 750 now you win at 7500. Make people feel like they're accomplishing more? whatever.

Could be worse, it could be in the trillions like in Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Raxus

SnakeXs said:
Need to? Probably not much, since most people don't care at all.

I just hate the hit detection. I hate the uncertainty not being client side brings. If I aim at a guy and fire I should hit him. I'm a reasonably skilled sniper in almost all other games (BF43, KZ2, CoD2 even), but I can't hit the broad side of a moving target for shit in CoD4.

I'm sure plenty will disagree, and I'm ok with it, but it just doesn't click with me. It won't get in the way of pouring way too many hours into it, though. :p
From what reports say, guns seemed to have tightened up their aim so all guns are generally more accurate.

Stoney Mason said:
If you are holding and moving with the shield you can't fire a weapon. You are susceptible to flashbangs and being shot and killed in your still exposed areas. And you move slower. And it takes longer to switch weapons.

You can carry a shield as your primary and another secondary weapon.

That's why i said riot shield on your back. When the shotgun is out, the shield protects you from attacks behind you.

Raxus

BTW snake, I too feel where your coming from. All too often my M16 would pull off random headshots when I was aiming at the chest. The spray in the game was kinda silly.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Raxus said:
BTW snake, I too feel where your coming from. All too often my M16 would pull off random headshots when I was aiming at the chest. The spray in the game was kinda silly.

Well, it kinda holds true to the basic concept about the M16 in real life. 2 to the chest, 1 to the head.

The spray is a bit much in 4, yeah. It's crazy how a guy can pop out about 10m away from you, you instinctively fire from the hip, and not a single bullet hits despite the crosshair being right on him.

Top Bottom