• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2022 Beta Discussion Thread

clarky

Gold Member
You listed a bunch of complaints I'm not really hearing from anyone, or barely anyone. There's only a few complaints that are nearly universal about this game, and you're suggesting otherwise. Also (timestamped):

These complaints are coming from streamers and the vocal minority on the internet though. MW2019 sold what 30 million copies? clearly IW have the data (heat maps, player retention, spending in game etc etc) I very much doubt they'd be doubling down on 2019's "mistakes" if it wasn't a successful formula.

For every video you want to find on YT or reddit posts to confirm your opinion is correct I can find one to counter it. Opinions

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
If it were up to me I would get rid of the mini map altogether, when UAV is active just show dots like a radar to indicate their general location but don’t give the user the layout of the map and the location.

NeoGIF

As much as the mini map has been in CoD games over the years, I only glance at it now and then, with times feeling like I'm gazing off course when I do look at it.

But I've never used it as leverage to gain ground on the opposition.

So if it goes, it wouldn't be an issue for me at all.

Gerdav

What am I supposed to be searching for, or have they worked it out and put a stop to it? On the app searching modern warfare doesn’t even bring up the 2019 game for me, searching call of duty brings up just about every other cod game bar 2019 MW, never mind this beta.

Campers are a problem lol. The art of camping has been around since they invented corners.

Few of the lads we play with are terrible at the game but gain at least some fun and a few kills by hiding in a corner, nothing wrong with that.

Some of you guys act like if your not hitting a 40 kill and 3-4 KD the games trash, relax and have some fun once in a while.
Camping isn’t really a big problem and is absolutely a viable way of playing the game. Also, there are tools in place to deal with them easily (such as stun or flash). The problem is that most players run into the same person more than once without taking the necessary precautions.

These complaints are coming from streamers and the vocal minority on the internet though.
Do you have a poll or any evidence that this is the case?

MW2019 sold what 30 million copies? clearly IW have the data (heat maps, player retention, spending in game etc etc) I very much doubt they'd be doubling down on 2019's "mistakes" if it wasn't a successful formula.
You're asserting that MW2019 was successful because of its minimap. I'm asserting that it was successful despite it's minimap. You have no evidence, and neither do I, but I'm not the one claiming to know the true feelings of the majority of the community regarding the matter. I'm just saying that a lot of people seem to hate the changes.

I'm also not even saying it's a complete deal breaker. Depending on how footsteps are adjusted in the second weekend of the beta, I'm not even sure I'd rule out a purchase. Maybe that will be enough. I haven't purchased a COD since Black Ops 4, but they do seem to be doing a fair amount of things right with this one.

For every video you want to find on YT or reddit posts to confirm your opinion is correct I can find one to counter it. Opinions
I watched for a few minutes at the timestamp, and nothing was said about the minimap. Did I miss something?

anthony2690

Banned
When is this playable on Xbox? I have the beta installed, but it says down for maintenance whenever I try log in, so I assume it just isn't active for Xbox users yet?

I dont mind at all about the mini map since I only play Hardcore modes... Must say that the pacing feels slower than MW19... Or is it just me?

Ogbert

There is no consensus. The beta goes live for EVERYONE on Saturday. No preorder or PS+/Xbox Live required. I highly recommend you play and see for yourself.
I’ll give it a go.

I have no problem with COD. It’s a good game. I just tend to skip releases so, as I picked up Vanguard, I’m kinda on the fence.

I find the seasonal stuff a little too much.

What's wrong with camping, or as I call it, tactical positioning? If you were in a real battle, would you run around hopping and sliding and quick-scoping everywhere? I enjoy setting traps and taking out the hopping goofballs.

jaysius

Banned
Invasion is great, it's out BFing BF, but what I can't erase from my mind is that we've had this already with BF but they had destructible buildings and such.

Great fun though.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I have to wait for the open public beta in a couple days.

How big are the teams in Invasion mode.
20 players per side with 20 AI bots per side

Invasion is great, it's out BFing BF, but what I can't erase from my mind is that we've had this already with BF but they had destructible buildings and such.

Great fun though.
I so wish that city was destructible in Invasion, would be great

michael fassbender perfection GIF

Top Bottom