• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2022 Beta Discussion Thread

This camping talk is really overdone, people are not really camping significantly more/less than in other COD's.

Footsteps are silent if you walk slow, seems fine to me.

What I do find annoying is that I keep joining matches that are in progress, even after finishing a match I join a new one that is already in progress.

Ah yes - walking slow - a core principal of call of duty...

Camping is rewarded a lot more and by the way the game is designed it's the most efficient style of play.

Boneless

Ah yes - walking slow - a core principal of call of duty...

Camping is rewarded a lot more and by the way the game is designed it's the most efficient style of play.

Is it? I don't know what game you are playing, but I see loads of people running and jumping around with shotguns, while doing well.

I may be a bit biased though, I used to hate people with rush only perks that would run around with a knife stabbing everyone.

Aure

Banned
Liking the beta so far, not entirely convinced about the maps but we'll see if they grow on me. I really liked MW2019 maps a lot so i'm a little disappointed. I hope the rest of the maps are better than the ones in the beta.
Another thing i didn't like it's the fact that i can't throw grenades pushing the mouse wheel like in MW2019, i wonder if that can be changed.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Runs like butter but crashes a ton.

One good thing about the cross gen bollocks is the scalability of games. My pal was playing on a 1050ti and was hitting 60 at 1080p and it still looked half decent.

Love what ive played so far cant wait for the full release.
Significant gameplay differences between MW 2019?

Tarnpanzer

Not at home right now. Is there cross progression in the Beta?

Played on PS5 till Level 16 and hope to continue on Series X.

Fake

Just an impression, but there are players behaving like bots? At least in the war mode.

Probably to fil the matches.

Mr Moose

Just an impression, but there are players behaving like bots? At least in the war mode.

Probably to fil the matches.
Yes some are bots.
  • Invasion
    • Mode Description: This is war. A massive and chaotic battle with a mix of Players and AI fighting alongside each other against each team.
    • Team Sizes: 20
    • Maximum Players: 40
    • Map Sizes: Large Maps
    • Objective Type: Elimination

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
In Invasion, how good are the bots in these big battles? Brain dead? A mix? They cheat like offline bot mode where a bot where you are at all times?

If you guys want to see the most blatant cheating bot AI, play COD4 Remastered on Bog. The AI snipers know were you are at all times and can even track you from standing behind the bus, and kills you by shooting through the bus. Confirmed on kill cam.

El gallo

My impressions: Bots have no place in MP. Stupid waste of resources, literally there so scrubs can feel good about getting a kill. Please remove from public match making. Side canceling needs to be added back, like who has a problem with freedom of movement? Wasn’t anything broken or something exclusive to pro players literally sliding and canceling with ads to move around faster. Also dolphin dive looks cool but you can’t shoot till you hit the ground? 🤔 that’s stupid. I want my Max pain replys.

Maps are good size for what’s available in the beta. Menu is 50/50 for me. UI looks horrible 😤 gives the game a mobile game vibe in my opinion. All in all it’s a pre order for me.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I know a lot of people banging on SBMM but when I see a premade of Timthetatman, Dr Disrespect and Faze Swagg in a premade getting shit on by randoms it makes me smile a little.

SBMM prevents premades of really good COD players with Swagg borderline great COD player running into players like myself, very average at best

It just seems it swings too wildly for me personally.

Some lobbies I am playing against pure bots then I get esport wannabe pros and I get a .4 kd

3liteDragon

Anyone know if the PlayStation open beta also opened yesterday with EARLY ACCESS Xbox & PC? I thought it would open again on the 24th along with all platforms.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
My impressions: Bots have no place in MP. Stupid waste of resources, literally there so scrubs can feel good about getting a kill. Please remove from public match making. Side canceling needs to be added back, like who has a problem with freedom of movement? Wasn’t anything broken or something exclusive to pro players literally sliding and canceling with ads to move around faster. Also dolphin dive looks cool but you can’t shoot till you hit the ground? 🤔 that’s stupid. I want my Max pain replys.

Maps are good size for what’s available in the beta. Menu is 50/50 for me. UI looks horrible 😤 gives the game a mobile game vibe in my opinion. All in all it’s a pre order for me.
Are the bots as bad as Titanfall where they barely move and barely attack?

avin

I've been having a lot of fun with it. I don't like it on my PC though, it doesn't feel right. On the XSX it plays beautifully, the 120 Hz mode looks like a lock in regular gameplay. I can't figure a menu choice for other video modes, but the menus are also not the clearest. Maybe I just need to dig around more?

avin

Last edited:

II_JumPeR_I

Yeah, im done with this game. They really dont want you to get more than 20 kills. Spawns are horrible, footsteps still too loud, and rushing is still not viable.
Yeah the Sound whoring is sooo fucking annoying. And that constant bunny hopping. Fuck that

splattered

Do these rewards or levels carry over to the full game at launch? Just started playing on Xbox, digging it so far. Plays like COD - no surprise there lmao. Game has never been and will never be perfect. Dunno why some people are bitching so hard against it.

I guess my one complaint so far will be this - They still have the footprints perk. I HATE that in these games, should absolutely NOT be a thing.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
5914-BE9-D-4-D59-4-D54-AB0-B-AD4-D530-C1086.jpg

TheShocker

What is the game running at on PS5 for everyone? It’s running at 4k/60 for me. And 1440p/120 on XSX. I don’t see anywhere for a toggle out side of system level settings. Both consoles are enabled for 120hz and other games work just fine. On a LG C2, so it’s not the tv either.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
What is the game running at on PS5 for everyone? It’s running at 4k/60 for me. And 1440p/120 on XSX. I don’t see anywhere for a toggle out side of system level settings. Both consoles are enabled for 120hz and other games work just fine. On a LG C2, so it’s not the tv either.
You have to del the save file to get it to run at 120fps on PlayStation

Mr.ODST

Played loads on PS5, waiting for open to release on PC and XSX to try the other 2 versions, dunno what to buy on yet :O

GenericUser

Man, the game is really good, but the SBMM ruins it. There are tons of weapons and gadgets and whatnot at your disposal, but if you don't use the current OP meta, you will not do well. It's the same as with every other recent CoD, SBMM ruins an otherwise good game. You almost dread the round that comes after you played a solid round in this game, because it almost always means you'll get your shit pushed in, in the next match.

Mr Moose

Do these rewards or levels carry over to the full game at launch? Just started playing on Xbox, digging it so far. Plays like COD - no surprise there lmao. Game has never been and will never be perfect. Dunno why some people are bitching so hard against it.

I guess my one complaint so far will be this - They still have the footprints perk. I HATE that in these games, should absolutely NOT be a thing.
I don't think they normally carry over, but you get some shit for unlocking levels (mostly junk).
MWIINEXTOVERVIEW003.jpg

I watched some guy complaining about how loud the footsteps are while having the footprint thing on.

Sub_Level

Lol, how do you do that? Is it melee for behind?

For finishing moves, you gotta hold the melee button behind an enemy. You can even do it while they are prone and get a different kill animation. Some animations take foreeeever to do so its really only used for style/challenges :messenger_sunglasses:

Beta is fun! Will be the first time I buy a new CoD since the last Modern Warfare.

Anyone know if the dualsense features will work on PC?

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I really like the mode tbh
Gives me the chaos and space of playing BR without the looting, permadeath and downtime.

Would also prefer playing objectives though, hope they will have it at launch.
Agreed - I like Invasion. It's way more chill than a Warzone match. It even encourages digging in/camping, which I'm a fan of. I love it when you kill the same dude over and over because he's pissed at you camping and blinded so much by rage he doesn't switch up his tactics and just beelines for you lol

Sub_Level

Btw, don’t sleep on the Suppression Mine field upgrade. It won’t always work well, but in some chokepoints its pretty amazing. The C flag front desk in Hotel is a great place to put it.

//DEVIL//

I've been having a lot of fun with it. I don't like it on my PC though, it doesn't feel right. On the XSX it plays beautifully, the 120 Hz mode looks like a lock in regular gameplay. I can't figure a menu choice for other video modes, but the menus are also not the clearest. Maybe I just need to dig around more?

avin
I kinda noticed the same thing.the controller is weird on pc. Like it’s stiff in terms of animation

Top Bottom