• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 3 (2023) - Beta Weekends

jorgejjvr

Anyone else trying it?

AVzSl67.jpg
mCnwlZ4.png

I never played the original MW2 and apparently those are good maps. Apparently Sledgehammer is also trying to fix all of Infinity Ward mistakes. I haven't bought a cod since Cold War (the last good Cod - bless Treyarch). But I always play the betas and decide from there.

Anyone else?

PS. You can preorder from Best buy, and you get a code instantly. Redeem it, then cancel preorder. I did it like 3 times, on PS4, PS5, and Xbox to give my lazy friends codes lol

jorgejjvr

It’s Sledgehammer trying to impersonate Infinity Ward.
I see it more like trying to fix their mistakes. Like what I see so far. Movement seems better, normal mini map, reload cancel etc.

But I'll play and see, I don't trust them. I haven't bought a single Sledgehammer game. Didn't like WW2 (seems like it got better but wayyyy after launch), and didn't like vanguard, didn't even like advanced warfare. But MAYBE they can fix Infinity Ward mechanics, and it's probably hard for them to ruin old school maps. We will see

jorgejjvr

modern warefare 2 was so bad, i dont see why anyone would trust them and say spend another $70 to fix it
Yep, it was horrible. I tried the beta and said nope, backed out

I don't trust them, so I'm just gonna try for myself lol. That's what I use betas for. I might try it and be like, yep, another bad cod. Or maybe I'll be surprised. Who knows, doesn't cost me anything to just try it

jorgejjvr

Ps: I didn't buy mw1 or mw2, but I did try the betas and that helped me make my decision. At least I'm seeing some good changes coming out of this. But if it sucks the beta will save me $70

Unrelated but I'm also waiting for Xdefiant lol

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Yep im pretty hyped tbh
My hype is contained lol. Since I hated mw1 and mw2. But since this isn't IW there's some hope for me lol. If not, at least we get Treyarch game next year, they haven't failed me yet.

But I think it's possible this one comes out decent

Oh I even like that there's more health on it, pretty sweet, actual gunfights lol.

Anyone else trying it?

AVzSl67.jpg
mCnwlZ4.png

I never played the original MW2 and apparently those are good maps. Apparently Sledgehammer is also trying to fix all of Infinity Ward mistakes. I haven't bought a cod since Cold War (the last good Cod - bless Treyarch). But I always play the betas and decide from there.

Anyone else?

PS. You can preorder from Best buy, and you get a code instantly. Redeem it, then cancel preorder. I did it like 3 times, on PS4, PS5, and Xbox to give my lazy friends codes lol
Can I be Ur lazy friend on Xbox who's from a 3rd world country and can't buy the code?

jorgejjvr

I can’t even keep up anymore. Didnt one just come out? This naming convention got out of control
I mean there's always one out every year, that doesn't change lol. This is this year's cod. Same old routine. But this part IS weird, the new MW3 has all the original MW2 maps lol weird

jorgejjvr

Why was it so bad ?
What other game gives u a fun 5 6 hour campaign, coop ,multiplayer ,raids ,wz in one package for 70 dollars
That content that each cod gives over the year of its lifespan is insane and no other game comes even close
Every decision made on the game was to slow down the gameplay. From footsteps, to mini map, to how ghost works, to spawns being absolutely horrible.

I prefer the fast paced gameplay of things like black ops, and how perks work there. The new perk system of mw2 was also so bad

Knightime_X

It's sledgehammer, so you know shotguns are going to be absolute trash.
In one of their games it was like 2 shots at damn near point-blank. like wtf?

LostDonkey

Hang on, hang on.

Sledgehammer is trying to fix Infinity Wards mistakes, that's what he said right??

Hahahahahaha

That's some funny shit

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
modern warefare 2 was so bad, i dont see why anyone would trust them and say spend another $70 to fix it
I take it you mean Modern Warfare II not Modern Warfare 2.
Eitherway its a different company making MWIII

Cuz MWIII is remaking a bunch of MW2 maps which were some of the most fun maps in COD history.
Im all in to be back in the Favela hopefully theres a good shotgun and one man army so I can relive the most broken prelaunch COD ever.

tmlDan

they need to stop living in the past, revitalize this shit franchise ffs the naming of the games is so confusing i cant even google it, sometime i get the old game sometime the new.

Whoever works there making these decisions should be fired.

they need to stop living in the past, revitalize this shit franchise ffs the naming of the games is so confusing i cant even google it, sometime i get the old game sometime the new.

Final Fantasy avatar quote 😉

Agree with you, though.

Black_Stride

You need to get in touch mate.
COD still sells gangbusters and COD, Warzone and DMZ are constantly in the top 5 most played games.

So why change what aint broken.

People like you who want COD to change should just not buy it........dont worry you wont be missed one iota cuz theres already 100 kids who are just of age and ready to take your place.
Go gather your minions and go support some other shooter so it becomes popular and maybe that game takes CODs place as "the" shooter.

tmlDan

You need to get in touch mate.
COD still sells gangbusters and COD, Warzone and DMZ are constantly in the top 5 most played games.

So why change what aint broken.

People like you who want COD to change should just not buy it........dont worry you wont be missed one iota cuz theres already 100 kids who are just of age and ready to take your place.
Go gather your minions and go support some other shooter so it becomes popular and maybe that game takes CODs place as "the" shooter.
Did i say it sucked and wasn't popular? no.

I said the naming is shit. Reading comprehension issues man

Final Fantasy avatar quote 😉

Agree with you, though.

I will not defend the FF in this case lol

Last edited:

Black_Stride

Did i say it sucked and wasn't popular? no.

I said the naming is shit. Reading comprehension issues man

And I quote:

Yes, my comprehension is bad, cuz when you said they need to "revitalize this shit franchise" I assumed you meant the franchise was shit and needed to be revitalized.

Mea Culpa

Last edited:

havoc00

My hype is contained lol. Since I hated mw1 and mw2. But since this isn't IW there's some hope for me lol. If not, at least we get Treyarch game next year, they haven't failed me yet.

But I think it's possible this one comes out decent

Oh I even like that there's more health on it, pretty sweet, actual gunfights lol.
I love the gunplay in mw2 everything else not so much

havoc00

Its COD what would you like them to do? Its like being mad at Madden for being a football game every year.

jorgejjvr

Xfinity customers who are members of Xfinity Rewards can receive a free code that will give them early access to the Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® III Multiplayer Open Beta. Eligible Rewards members can obtain their unique code by visiting the Xfinity App or www.xfinity.com/rewards

Antwix

You don't need ps+. I pre-ordered digitally on best buy, got a code right away, cancelled right after. Cost me $0 and hardly any time at all
I meant playstation in general, I play on xbox. But yeah, the preorder+cancel is a thought. Not sure I'll bother though for like 2 days of extra playtime.

M.W.

Yep, preorder via Amazon, get code, then cancel. Amazon does not charge until your item ships, so win-win.

Need to see how "it feels" especially when compared to the travesty that was MW2.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Yep, preorder via Amazon, get code, then cancel. Amazon does not charge until your item ships, so win-win.

Need to see how "it feels" especially when compared to the travesty that was MW2.
Same with best buy. I pre-order on Amazon but never got anything. But with best buy I got it seconds after

Top Bottom