• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 3 (2023) - Beta Weekends

clarky

Gold Member
No one could help answer this?

In short, was it possible to get a lot of kills in these maps back in the day xD
The short answer is yes, but they were obviously not designed with modern cod in mind.

Will they still play decent with this game? Anyone's guess.

jorgejjvr

The short answer is yes, but they were obviously not designed with modern cod in mind.

I mean older cods were technically slower, no unlimited sprint and things like that.

Last edited:

Isa

So is MW3 a full carryover of the current mp in 2? And does anyone know if 3rd person is in? Thanks in advance. That last bit will determine if I pick this up or not.

jorgejjvr

A lot of the lots of kills gameplay I'm seeing from back in the day are 9v9 not 6v6. And I'm pretty sure this game is only 6v6. Ground war here is a completely different thing than back in the day

Here's hoping we can still destroy lobbies in 6v6

Ev1L AuRoN

I'll try, but Sledgehammer make the worst cod games IMHO, I think I'll skip this one. Next year we will have a proper COD.

NickFire

I might try the open beta but no way I'm pre-ordering for closed one. They should have left this as a paid expansion IMO. Hard to justify full price for a "new" game of this sort (old maps).

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Here's a list of all the original 2009 game maps which should replicate in the game. Here's my personal ranking:

A-tier
Invasion
Karachi
Rundown
Skidrow
Terminal
Wasteland

B- Tier
Afghan
Estate
Quarry
Sub Base
Underpass

C-tier
Derail
Favela
Highrise
Rust
Scrapyard

jorgejjvr

I'll try, but Sledgehammer make the worst cod games IMHO, I think I'll skip this one. Next year we will have a proper COD.
I totally agree on next year, Treyarch hasn't let me down yet. They still make the best cods.

That being said, I'll try the beta and judge for myself

jorgejjvr

Here's a list of all the original 2009 game maps which should replicate in the game. Here's my personal ranking:

A-tier
Invasion
Karachi
Rundown
Skidrow
Terminal
Wasteland

B- Tier
Afghan
Estate
Quarry
Sub Base
Underpass

C-tier
Derail
Favela
Highrise
Rust
Scrapyard
No d tier or f tier? That's good news on it's own

Are these small to medium maps or pretty large maps?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No d tier or f tier? That's good news on it's own

Are these small to medium maps or pretty large maps?
Some are small as hell. Rust and scrapyard. Sub base isn’t big either. Most maps are medium to larger size I’d say.

To me, C-tier is like a D or F! A lot of people lived Favela. I hated it. It’s a tight knit map with tons of small rooms and back then a lot of run and gunners were Commando Knifing.

I dont think there is one gamer on Earth who liked Derail. It’s this pretty big snowy map with one key structure in the middle everyone beelined to as a sniper hot spot.

Wasteland is a big flat map with lots of snipers And a few buildings and a small crisscrossing underground part, great map and not even a sniper gamer. There’s lots of cover and bushes and shit to hide. I always avoided that underground part and stuck to the perimeters. If you hole up underground the enemies will keep tossing grenades down there.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

A-tier
Invasion
Karachi
Rundown
Skidrow
Terminal
Wasteland

B- Tier
Afghan
Estate
Quarry
Sub Base
Underpass

C-tier
Derail
Favela
Highrise
Rust
Scrapyard

Favela in the lowest tier?
Your opinion is moot.

jorgejjvr

You can now redeem your code on PSN

Go here

And redeem!

Your code should appear on this page like mine:

BkHEbax.png

8aqfm0X.png

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

One more step after that

Go to the game on the PS5/PS4, click on options, then manage game content
nsm4zd0.png

Then select the beta pack 1 and 2 to download

s33ObMI.png

Then it will start downloading. You will be set for day 1!!!

loraic2.png

DrFigs

i already know this game is going to be ridiculous on my ps5 storage. why does the beta come in two different downloads?

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Might be the first one I pass on in quite a while. Can't fool me anymore with the fake hype and flashy trailers.

jorgejjvr

This looks the same as MW2 lol.

Does this beta include DMZ? Why do they even need a beta anyway, if they don't know how to work out their servers / balancing after 50000 games, they will never.
I mean yeah of course it will look similar, all the mw2 weapons are carrying over to mw3

As for betas, it's part of their marketing cycle. They prob have data that says betas=more sales. It's not about the servers

But, I'll take them, I don't let hype get to me. I use the betas as a demo to see if game is good or not. They saved me $140+, I didn't buy mw1 and mw2, games were just bad

jorgejjvr

Amazon UK will be sending out codes, right? I haven't got mine :messenger_weary:
Go with best buy, you get one in minutes. Amazon has not been reliable in years. Also as a fyi, the code will appear on the cod redemption page faster than you get an email on it, like so:

1hakdgt.png

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I’ve tried to like war zone, spec ops, zombies etc. but I’m not a fan it feels like promotional gimmicks. Call of duty is so big now the multiplayer by itself could be its own thing.

jorgejjvr

I’ve tried to like war zone, spec ops, zombies etc. but I’m not a fan it feels like promotional gimmicks. Call of duty is so big now the multiplayer by itself could be its own thing.
Yeah I'm not a fan of those either

To me cod = classic 6v6 gameplay. I don't go to cod for vehicles or massive maps, or BR

Xdefiant will be free to play. Maybe one day we'll get 6v6 free to play but doubtful lol

jorgejjvr

Sucks that spawns seem like they might be squad spawns again.....

Edit: maybe it's not squad spawns, domination spawns seem better

Last edited:
Top Bottom