• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 3 (2023) - Beta Weekends

Only for speed not health?

Also what's this thing this guy does here? He breaths something

Pretty sure that is battle rage, experimental stimulant that gives you an adrenaline rush. Health regenerates quickly. Tactical Equipment is resisted

And they just tweeted its getting changed

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Pretty sure that is battle rage, experimental stimulant that gives you an adrenaline rush. Health regenerates quickly. Tactical Equipment is resisted

And they just tweeted its getting changed

Wonder what that means. I'm really a fan of some sort of stim shot to get back into battle and regenerate health asap

kikkis

Yeah, spawns need work

I think i will have fun with 3v3v3. Dead silence for the mode is godsend.

Not fan of higher ttk. Shooting feels less snappy. Flanking and multikills are less likely. And shotguns and snipers are either slightly op or really shitty.

Just to make sure I got this right weekend 1 is 6pm today to 6pm Tuesday UK time?
Yup for PS5 preorders first

Beta Weekend 1 (PlayStation exclusive)​

• Early access - Friday 6th to Saturday 7th October.
  • Open beta - Sunday 8th to Tuesday 10th October.

Beta Weekend 2 (all platforms)​

• Early access (Xbox + PC), open beta (PlayStation) - Thursday 12th to Friday 13th October.
  • Open beta (all platforms) - Saturday 14th to Monday 16th October.

Here's the Modern Warfare 3 beta release and end times:

• UK: 6pm (BST)
  • Europe: 7pm (CEST)
  • East Coast US: 1pm (EDT)
  • Central US: 12pm (CDT)
  • West Coast US: 10am (PDT)

VN1X

Banned
Squad spawns again? Litterally rhe worst thing to happen to COD(their version of SBMM is a close second). Why do they insist on using this shitty system?
It's so weird how opposed they seem to a super easy and fun spawn system. Just make it like TacAce says and go back to the legacy way of things.

Just baffling at this point and I'm not sure it's due to incompetence but rather a deliberate decision.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Squad spawns again? Litterally rhe worst thing to happen to COD(their version of SBMM is a close second). Why do they insist on using this shitty system?
He doesn't call them squad spawns, it might be more traditional, BUT it spawns you a lot of time to the middle, instead of back to your side

Last edited:
what time does it start today
Yup for PS5 preorders first

Beta Weekend 1 (PlayStation exclusive)​

• Early access - Friday 6th to Saturday 7th October.
  • Open beta - Sunday 8th to Tuesday 10th October.

Beta Weekend 2 (all platforms)​

• Early access (Xbox + PC), open beta (PlayStation) - Thursday 12th to Friday 13th October.
  • Open beta (all platforms) - Saturday 14th to Monday 16th October.

Here's the Modern Warfare 3 beta release and end times:

• UK: 6pm (BST)
  • Europe: 7pm (CEST)
  • East Coast US: 1pm (EDT)
  • Central US: 12pm (CDT)
  • West Coast US: 10am (PDT)
Sigh... I loathe quick scoping in these games. I miss the good ol days when you actually had to take time and aim a headshot.

Also HATE the footprint perk, those should never be in games like this.
I hate quick scoping for 2 reason

1 Nothing sucks more than getting the drop on a guy hitting him several times with an AR only to have them quick scope one tap me

2 Most importantly I can't do it ;)

I have tried to learn it as my son is a God at it and he has tried teaching me several times and my brain just can't bring myself to master it

Anyone else trying it?

AVzSl67.jpg
mCnwlZ4.png

I never played the original MW2 and apparently those are good maps. Apparently Sledgehammer is also trying to fix all of Infinity Ward mistakes. I haven't bought a cod since Cold War (the last good Cod - bless Treyarch). But I always play the betas and decide from there.

Anyone else?

PS. You can preorder from Best buy, and you get a code instantly. Redeem it, then cancel preorder. I did it like 3 times, on PS4, PS5, and Xbox to give my lazy friends codes lol
Your pre order trick worked! Thanks!

I'm actually quite surprised at how bad this looks visually. The thing that kills it for me is the player models and the gun skins. It's like the art direction is clashing. The maps are very colorful but the characters look like they don't belong on the map. Also visibility is low key bad and it's hard to differentiate between friendlies and foes. Something in general feels off about the game and I haven't played it. Then again, it's sledgehammer at the wheel and something is always off with their games.

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
For those playing this, what is the file size for the demo on PS5? Is it just the 25 GB or so in the beta files, or do you also need to download the 80 GB+ main file? Because well over 100 GB for a demo that doesn't include campaign, zombies, or a BR mode seems absurd.

jorgejjvr

For those playing this, what is the file size for the demo on PS5? Is it just the 25 GB or so in the beta files, or do you also need to download the 80 GB+ main file? Because well over 100 GB for a demo that doesn't include campaign, zombies, or a BR mode seems absurd.
It's 24 gigs for the beta, but you need the 100gigs cod HQ

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
It's 24 gigs for the beta, but you need the 100gigs cod HQ
Meanwhile, the XDefiant beta was less than half that, and it included every map in the game. Why can't COD developers program their game without that much waste? There's compression tech built into the consoles, and they just refuse to use it.

Last edited:

splattered

If you played the last MW2 you played this one with faster speed

100% this is DLC for last year

Played awhile at level 10 so far but I am enjoying for now but I enjoyed MW2 for about a month last year as well

haha that's what i figured i would be hearing...

I stopped playing MW2 several months ago.

I'll prob still buy MW3 either way

jorgejjvr

First impressions

Spawns suck

Sucks I can't just pick the mode I want, haven't had a Dom game and that's all I want to play

And maps sucks lol

But I hold no nostalgia for them. They are all incredibly busy full of buildings, too big, or too many open spaces

I miss my Treyarch 3 Lane maps

jorgejjvr

Bro its mw2 maps if you dont like these maps you won’t like any cod map. I think you just like the Treyarch games lol (which is a valid opinion but just sayin)
I didn't grow up with mw2. I started with bo2, and THOSE were top tier maps

I hold no nostalgia for these maps, and so far they are meh

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Yeah. Idk if it's the maps, or the spawns, or a combination of both. But this is not it.

The wait for Xdefiant and Treyarch next game continues lol

Xdefiant already feels better than this and that's gonna be free

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Oh jesus christ I’m old.
😂

For me bo games are just faster, smaller maps, more three Lane, good spawns etc. Skidrow is all inside building inside buildings, lame. Favela, holy shit everyone camping on top of buildings. Estate is alright, but wayyyy too open and too big. Don't think I've tried the last map

Spawns really hurt the game too. Someone on enemy team did amazing like 28/4. That's a GOOD game in this cod I guess. I'm used to a good game being 80+ kills

DrFigs

yeah i'm too old for COD. I thought playing on maps i'm familiar with would help, but i don't understand how this is fun for people. also the spawns are terrible, at least when i was playing hardpoint. enemies were spawning right in front of me.

jorgejjvr

yeah i'm too old for COD. I thought playing on maps i'm familiar with would help, but i don't understand how this is fun for people. also the spawns are terrible, at least when i was playing hardpoint. enemies were spawning right in front of me.
Spawns are incredibly bad

Top Bottom