• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 3 (2023) - Beta Weekends

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I read ACR is in the game. Anyone try it? Is it a laser like the old game? Or a still a good mini-laser like ACR in MW3 (2011 game). Loved ACR. The only good non-sniper gun to use against snipers.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I read ACR is in the game. Anyone try it? Is it a laser like the old game? Or a still a good mini-laser like ACR in MW3 (2011 game). Loved ACR. The only good non-sniper gun to use against snipers.
Its called the MCW its just the gun DaleinCalgary DaleinCalgary were talking about and it is indeed a laser

And you are right if I am fighting a sniper and they don't 1 shot me from range they are in a lot of trouble against this gun

jorgejjvr

How do I unlock these grips? What does it mean by it being blocked by Lachmann recon?

7up7ziu.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For those of you who played the betas, how faithful are the maps? Is it basically just improved graphics? Or did they redo layouts, adjust clutter etc....? I remember those old MW2 maps well. If I jump into a map It'll be just like home where I can beeline to my fav spots and it'll just be like the old days?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Is this open only to preorders or is the beta open to all now?

MODERN WARFARE 3 BETA WEEKEND 1 (OCT 7-10, PLAYSTATION ONLY)

• Friday, Oct. 6, to Saturday, Oct. 7 (PlayStation early access)
  • Sunday, Oct. 8, to Tuesday, Oct. 10 (PlayStation open beta)

MODERN WARFARE 3 BETA WEEKEND 2 (OCT 12-16, ALL PLATFORMS)

• Thursday, Oct. 12, to Friday, Oct. 13 (PC and Xbox early access, PlayStation open beta)
  • Saturday, Oct. 14, to Monday, Oct. 16 (PC, Xbox, and PlayStation open beta)

For those of you who played the betas, how faithful are the maps? Is it basically just improved graphics? Or did they redo layouts, adjust clutter etc....? I remember those old MW2 maps well. If I jump into a map It'll be just like home where I can beeline to my fav spots and it'll just be like the old days?
It may just be me but they seem a little larger and changed just enough that my memory doesn’t serve me 100%.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Like the beta so far, it's got worts but Im hoping it will get better. One thing I don't like and I hope it's only the beta but you can easily tell what team has host. If your not on that team just camp... I have had so many times where I sprayed a person with at least 3 rounds before they can react and they turn around and finish me off.

I hope to hell servers are better for launch.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Like the beta so far, it's got worts but Im hoping it will get better. One thing I don't like and I hope it's only the beta but you can easily tell what team has host. If your not on that team just camp... I have had so many times where I sprayed a person with at least 3 rounds before they can react and they turn around and finish me off.

I hope to hell servers are better for launch.
according to people here you just need to shoot better

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I think I won't be participating in a Call of Duty beta for the first time. Unless there's a leap similar to what happened in MW 2019, or they try a new setting outside of the Modern Warfare series, I don't know if I'll come back to this franchise. I already have Mw 19, Vanguard and Cold War, so if I feel like it, I'll go back to them.

Gerdav

Just like FIfa the do stuff that actively makes the game worse for the sake of engagement and of course MTX.

If they loosened up SBMM and sorted out the awful spawning system then i am 100% convinced this franchise would be even more successful than it already is. The actual game is quite fun.

I agree there is a fun game there at times

I don't understand their SBMM at all, it seems to swing from one extreme to the next way overshooting

I will take a game like Rocket League. I can have several good games as I am right on the borderline of Champion bracket (when I was playing a lot) and if I had several good games I would start seeing Grand Champs and would still be sort of competitive but would get knocked back to where I belong

In COD if I have 2 or 3 decent games I am put in lobbies of sweat try hard pro wannabes and I get steam rolled

I get steam rolled 3 maps or so and I am put into bot lobbies, there are very few middle ground lobbies

When I did get put into super sweat lobbies I feel bad for my team mates as I decide to take my lumps and practice quick scoping :)
I have absolutely no evidence of this and maybe I just need to go find a tin foil hat but these choices are all about increased revenue imo, FIFA or EA FC as it is now has this thing where despite online divisions being the SBMM you go through periods where your players literally cannot pass the ball 5 yards , beat a man 1 on 1 or hit a barn door never mind the goal when shooting and you end up on a run of form something like LLDLWLLLL despite not doing anything different or even facing sweaty palmed pros who are skill wise levels above you, then suddenly every pass finds its man to the point you could hit a 50p coin from 100 yards, the opposition can get nowhere near your players and every shot finds the top bin and you end up WWWDWDWWW.

I almost have no doubts that just like COD’s “SBMM” as described and everyone reading this has experienced first hand they will have data on the user base that shows them a certain proportion will head to the store and buy COD or FIFA/FC points during the bad periods, it will all be calculated so that the purchase will come just before the good periods happen to come when you have started playing with your shiny new “pro” gun or new player or 2 on FIFA, not to drag politics into things but half the problem in the modern climate is these multi billion pound corporations are all playing let’s pretend how socially conscious and caring and inclusive etc etc etc they are, when in reality they would all run over their grandmother to even gain a 1 or 2% increase in revenue.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
according to people here you just need to shoot better
100% I’m a boomer and can live with sweats being better. Just can’t stand me blasting them 3-4 straight shots to the head and them turning and wasting me. Only to watch the replay and see a totally different view from what I’m seeing but this has always been a COD thing

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
100% I’m a boomer and can live with sweats being better. Just can’t stand me blasting them 3-4 straight shots to the head and them turning and wasting me. Only to watch the replay and see a totally different view from what I’m seeing but this has always been a COD thing
I hate that as well especially at range when I am using an AR and get several hit markers and they land all their shots with a SMG and I die

I guess before the nerf its highly possible they had just used battle rage and I the streamer Jev say he took over 600 damage right after using it so yeah I would say that was broken

Yup, if we got realism one shot and you are dead.

How do I even play this? It's the 8th so it should be open for all playstation users. I've downloaded the beta but it just keeps telling me to preorder?

Can anyone advise me please?

Ignore I got my answer. Looks like it's 6pm for me in the uk

Last edited:

Mr Moose

How do I even play this? It's the 8th so it should be open for all playstation users. I've downloaded the beta but it just keeps telling me to preorder?

Can anyone advise me please?
I think it starts in about an hour and a half-ish for the open beta.

chonga

The SMG melts people

Go watch some of the people who are dropping nukes in the Moshpit and most are running an SMG build
Striker could do with some tweaking that's for sure.

It is obvious from the little display they added not too long ago in MW2 that shows you the damage dealt by the enemy. I don't think I've ever seen that go above 5 for number of bullets taken to kill you with the Striker, even from really far out. Yet some ARs are needing 7 to drop me, which is presumably leg/feet shots. Feels like SMG need another drop-off range adding.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
That reminds of Blops 3
Run into a building, go up stairs and get shot from nowhere
Kill cam shows me getting shot before going into the building 😐

Gerdav

That reminds of Blops 3
Run into a building, go up stairs and get shot from nowhere
Kill cam shows me getting shot before going into the building 😐
I played a match this afternoon on Skidrow, coming from A in dom to the steps that lead up to the B corridor I saw a enemy coming out the doors and before I could do anything just seemingly died from nowhere, watching the killcam I apparently ran straight past him on the steps, he stopped turned and shot me in the back, I’d have to be quite literally blind to hage ran past someone there 🤣

• LOL
Reactions: TGO

Zuzu

I’ve played for a bit over an hour and it seems good so far. Movement is good, guns feel good with a lot less visual recoil, aim assist has been reduced quite a bit compared to MW2 which will increase the skill gap, ttk is fairly good (perhaps a tad too long), maps are good just like they originally were. I don’t have too many complaints gameplay wise but it’s ultimately more of the same. It’s very much an iterative update.

Last edited:
Top Bottom