• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 3 (2023) - Beta Weekends

I've been thinking about this for most of the day as to why this game just doesn't feel good to play. Then I realize that it's because Sledgehammer games is making it and they haven't made any Call of Duty that was fun to play.
As a wise guy once said, imagine hiring sledgehammer to fix infinity ward's mistakes.

So do u get the current battlepass xp by playing this ?
Can someone help a brother out and give me a code on Xbox ?
I'm from a 3rd world country where preorder and then canceling is not an option

Tarnpanzer

And why have all the maps such a low contrast, even in HDR?

OK, like MW2 you can use Color Filter 2(with intenisty 100) in Color Filter Settings to make the picture more vibrant. Looks much better this way.

Color-Filters.png

------------------

From a gameplay-perspective MW3 rulez. Love those urban maps.

Last edited:

Antwix

Only had an hour on PC so far but loved it. Fixed almost everything I didnt like about MW2.

Good stuff so far.
Same here. Coming from playing a bunch of MW2, I kinda got pissed off for the first map or 2 cuz of the increased health. But after I got used to it, I've been enjoying it a lot.

Erkuza

Banned
Same here. Coming from playing a bunch of MW2, I kinda got pissed off for the first map or 2 cuz of the increased health. But after I got used to it, I've been enjoying it a lot.
Increased health is better because player skill now plays more of a part in determining who is going to win a gun fight. With lower health it's who ever has their gun aimed first.

Antwix

Increased health is better because player skill now plays more of a part in determining who is going to win a gun fight. With lower health it's who ever has their gun aimed first.
Yeah I know. You just kinda have how many shots and how fast you kill someone ingrained in your mind after many months of MW2. I was shooting people a few times and looking/running away since I expected to kill them quicker.

Stafford

Hope someone can tell me if this is correct because it's a bit odd and confusing...

So I see the open beta in the new games section on Xbox. When I click it I see this

hrXGVlY.jpg

Is this the correct one? I ask this because there's MW2 stuff in here as well, wtf?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Hope someone can tell me if this is correct because it's a bit odd and confusing...

So I see the open beta in the new games section on Xbox. When I click it I see this

hrXGVlY.jpg

Is this the correct one? I ask this because there's MW2 stuff in here as well, wtf?
Click on the Call of Duty icon and it brings up the "Call of Duty HQ" and from there you can select to go into MW2 or Warzone and one of the selections is the open beta though its technically not "open" for all Xbox players until tomorrow at 1:00 EST unless you preordered

Stafford

Click on the Call of Duty icon and it brings up the "Call of Duty HQ" and from there you can select to go into MW2 or Warzone and one of the selections is the open beta though its technically not "open" for all Xbox players until tomorrow at 1:00 EST unless you preordered

Ah, nice. Then I know I'm not downloading these 80gb for nothing. Thanks!

Stafford

There is also a MP pack you need to grab like 28 gb, here is the wording

I downloaded the base game file and the weirdest thing happened. It was done, it said finishing up, but it already was gone from my games and apps. It was still on the main dashboard though, but that went away too. So it uninstalled by itself. Ffs. That's new.

And I checked but I don't see a 10MB file.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I downloaded the base game file and the weirdest thing happened. It was done, it said finishing up, but it already was gone from my games and apps. It was still on the main dashboard though, but that went away too. So it uninstalled by itself. Ffs. That's new.

And I checked but I don't see a 10MB file.
You should be good to go especially if you open the COD HQ and can see the beta asking you to preorder

That 10MB file might have been for those who preordered

Stafford

You should be good to go especially if you open the COD HQ and can see the beta asking you to preorder

That 10MB file might have been for those who preordered

Yeah, but the weird thing is, it's gone. It was right there. Installed, but it still said that annoying "finishing up" thing Xbox game downloads sometimes do, and then it just vanished. I've never had this happen before. I guess I'll download it again, sigh.

But I now see I did not click the MP tile yet, so maybe that's why it isn't seeing the HQ file? I'm downloading the MP now.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yeah, but the weird thing is, it's gone. It was right there. Installed, but it still said that annoying "finishing up" thing Xbox game downloads sometimes do, and then it just vanished. I've never had this happen before. I guess I'll download it again, sigh.
Its weird that its gone, it shouldn't have deleted itself, pretty odd

Gerdav

I have been playing a couple of hours this evening and bloody hell the lag is bad, last weekend for me at least outside of a couple of the silly killcam alternate realities it was basically smooth and lag free, tonight jeez a couple of times it quite literally descended into a literal slide slow, my smg load out that I can’t remember the name of🤦‍♂️ that was melting people last week felt like a pea shooter tonight, as someone mentioned above it feels like Halo tonight and is just simply too frustrating to play right now.

nani17

are in a big trouble
It's not bad but its a bit too arcadey for me at the moment. Like if you hip fire your aim is effected but if you jump, around slide, bunnyhop etc its not. Yes you could do it before but its turned up like crazy in this

Nizz

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I have Xfinity internet and they sent me a rewards code. I copy the code, go to the beta website and paste code and pick Battle.net as my platform. It says code redeemed but then on the Xfinity site it says I have to wait for an email from Activision/Call Of Duty for some kind of token? I see another code but I don't see anywhere on Battle.net to redeem it?

Antwix

Anyone crashing to the Xbox dashboard
Haven't had any issues with crashing and I've played like 10 hours so far. A few random "DEV ERROR ####" game lobby boots but no crashing.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I have Xfinity internet and they sent me a rewards code. I copy the code, go to the beta website and paste code and pick Battle.net as my platform. It says code redeemed but then on the Xfinity site it says I have to wait for an email from Activision/Call Of Duty for some kind of token? I see another code but I don't see anywhere on Battle.net to redeem it?
I got emailed a code to redeem after I redeemed my xfinity code. You have the code to redeem? https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/11263

Regardless though, the beta is open to all for free without codes on Saturday and Sunday.

clarky

Gold Member
I have to say im enjoying this much more than MWII. The movement coupled with the higher TTK means you can actually have a gun fight.

If you want 0.2s TTK's and a smaller skill gap then there's always hardcore.

Promising.

Last edited:

njean777

Played the beta and it’s meh. Better than MW2 I will say but I will wait till treyarch takes the helm next year. I liked Cold War over the last 2 so not buying this one.

kikkis

I have to say im enjoying this much more than MWII. The movement coupled with the higher TTK means you can actually have a gun fight.

If you want 0.2s TTK's and a smaller skill gap then there's always hardcore.

Promising.
I think there are other skills in game like cod apart from, than just speed to acquire target and hold it there for 0.3s. So i don't really agree with skill gap too much. When both guys are adsing they usually move pretty slow too, so staying extra .1s on target is not really a big skill compared mw2. Also unless you are less than 1m from cover, you cant really out manouver opponent. Like if enemy spots you from 90 degree angle, by the time you can react to being shot, turn 90 degrees, ads and shoot for .3s, you are already dead, and even if ttk was like 1s, its not like there is any way to catch that deficit with headshot multiplier being like 1.2.

Nizz

Haven't had any issues with crashing and I've played like 10 hours so far. A few random "DEV ERROR ####" game lobby boots but no crashing.

I got emailed a code to redeem after I redeemed my xfinity code. You have the code to redeem? https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/11263

Regardless though, the beta is open to all for free without codes on Saturday and Sunday.
Yeah, I finally figured it out. What I didn't realize was that on Battlenet I had to go to my Account link, once there I saw the option to redeem the code. I copy/pasted the code and I was in. Thanks. Played for a while and the movement definitely feels a little more quicker. Sometimes the TTK feels longer for me than for enemies.
Crazy how some people are already at level 30. The sweat is real...

clarky

Gold Member
Yep same.

If they fixed SBMM and spawns, we would be golden
Don't see why they don't loosen the fuck up with SBMM in normal play and leave that shit for ranked like every other game.

Sometimes I want to kick back and shoot folks/ get shot without sweating my tits off.

Reactions: RNG

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yep same.

If they fixed SBMM and spawns, we would be golden
Agreed

SBMM should only be in a ranked mode imo and spawns just suck

Probably a bad take but I think even for 6 v 6 some of the maps are just too small like Rust I don't know how many times I have spawned right in front of an enemy and was laser beamed before I could move

Top Bottom