• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 3 (2023) - Beta Weekends

jorgejjvr

Yeah I'll try the beta, but do remember the beta for MW22 was also pretty good. It contained the only good maps in the game lol.
Nope, I could smell the badness a mile away. The spawns were HORRIBLE, the game was soooo slow, the perk system was not it. It saved me $70 lol. I didn't buy mw1 or mw2

jorgejjvr

Nah the museum map was so bad that they reworked it for season 2.
Oh dude totally, what a snore fest. I don't remember a good map. And if there was a good map, it was ruined by the buddy spawn system, they gotta change back to old school spawns

Dream-Knife

Banned
Nah the museum map was so bad that they reworked it for season 2.
Museum was good. I don't think it changed for when it got released.

Iirc it got removed due to the museum it was based on wanting to sue or something.

I forgot the hotel was in the beta. That map sucks too.
Nope, I could smell the badness a mile away. The spawns were HORRIBLE, the game was soooo slow, the perk system was not it. It saved me $70 lol. I didn't buy mw1 or mw2
Spawns are bad in every COD. It's just a mindless casual shooter anyway.

jorgejjvr

Museum was good. I don't think it changed for when it got released.

Iirc it got removed due to the museum it was based on wanting to sue or something.

I forgot the hotel was in the beta. That map sucks too.

Spawns are bad in every COD. It's just a mindless casual shooter anyway.
Nope, it's not the same. Its a different spawn system altogether. In other cods you spawn back to your side of the map, in here, you spawn next to your teammates. There was no flow to the game

Squad spawns are not it, ruins the flow

Yes, even the older spawn system in cod occasionally put you in a bad spawn, but system overall was still miles better

jorgejjvr

Traditional spawns → squad spawns

Domination is basically unplayable on squads spawns. If your home base is C, you spawn at C. If you capture A and flip spawns, you spawn at A, this shouldn't be that difficult or controversial lol

But then again, they touched things that no one asked for like mini map & traditional perks, so I shouldn't be surprised. Sledgehammer had squad spawns at vanguard launch, and later changed it back due to feedback, so here's hoping it's not on MW3

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Would love to try but I can't be bothered doing pre-orders etc. will try an open weekend if they do one before launch.

jorgejjvr

Would love to try but I can't be bothered doing pre-orders etc. will try an open weekend if they do one before launch.
Yes there are open weekends, see here. Under Open Beta

RllQh4z.jpg

[Sigma]

I really don't have any real interest but I may at least try it out since the file size is said to be on the smaller size. And I still may not even play it though knowing how I am. I haven't played COD mp in 10+years at this point.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

I really don't have any real interest but I may at least try it out since the file size is said to be on the smaller size. And I still may not even play it though knowing how I am. I haven't played COD mp in 10+years at this point.
It is not. Yes, the beta is like 24gigs, but you need call of duty HQ to access it, and that's like another 100 gigs

jorgejjvr

After I played the beta I'm gonne cancel my preorder.

Gonne Play XDefiant instead. They are not getting a dime from me this time.
I am also waiting for Xdefiant, shame it's taken this long. The beta was so good.

It I love this beta, yeah I'll get it lol. But I'm not confident

XDefiant worries me in that I expect them to end up catering too hard to the "pros" and streamers and its going to end up having a very small casual base so the game turns into a sweatfest and gets shut down in like 18 months.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

XDefiant worries me in that I expect them to end up catering too hard to the "pros" and streamers and its going to end up having a very small casual base so the game turns into a sweatfest and gets shut down in like 18 months.
Beta was great

Also public games have no sbmm

So I am hopeful

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

This all sounds like music to my ears.

But yes XDefiant is gonna be stiff competish, I just need to see how stable their servers are.
My nostalgia is pulling me towards MWIII but if XD actually manages to make its Oct 17th release date, ill def download and give it a go.

jorgejjvr

This all sounds like music to my ears.

But yes XDefiant is gonna be stiff competish, I just need to see how stable their servers are.
My nostalgia is pulling me towards MWIII but if XD actually manages to make its Oct 17th release date, ill def download and give it a go.
Wait, it has a release date?

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
hmmm...first I'm hearing of xDefiant. Just looked it up and it almost looks like if Ubisoft made Black Ops 2.

Does it feel like COD?

jorgejjvr

hmmm...first I'm hearing of xDefiant. Just looked it up and it almost looks like if Ubisoft made Black Ops 2.

Does it feel like COD?
Feels fast and arcady, closest thing to bo2 in a long time. It's also made by original cod devs.

There is NO sbmm, and it feels like you can actually run and gun. Felt like a breath of fresh air

jorgejjvr

For those of you who played the original mw2 maps. Are they good maps?

Are they small/mid size and/or good for gun and run? That's how I play. My favorite game in the series is bo2, how do the maps compare to that?

I love me some Treyarch 3 Lane maps, they are great for run and gun. Curious if anyone can give me a point of reference here

MiguelItUp

COD is a bastard, every time I swear I'm done with it, I get curious, and then I decide to give the latest iteration a shot if nothing else new is around to get my attention instead. I didn't think the last two MWs were horrible per se, I mean, I dug them more than Cold War. But to be quite honest, I haven't LOVED a COD title since Black Ops 2 or World at War. But, it's a AAA fps that's always populated and is fast paced/twitch-y. That's what always ends up bringing me back. Will this be better than the previous recent iterations? Hopefully, but I'm not expecting anything. Still not sure if I'll even pull the trigger yet...

Last edited:

Neolombax

Re-installed MW2 after dropping it after Season 2. Tried all the maps I missed during the later seasons, trying to get back into MW2 and I am reminded again and again of how much I disliked playing it. The main issue I had is the visibility of other players in the map environment, its so hard to spot people if they're just hiding in a corner or even just waiting at some spot in the map.

I'm curious enough to want to try out MW3, but I don't expect things to be any different.

Re-installed MW2 after dropping it after Season 2. Tried all the maps I missed during the later seasons, trying to get back into MW2 and I am reminded again and again of how much I disliked playing it. The main issue I had is the visibility of other players in the map environment, its so hard to spot people if they're just hiding in a corner or even just waiting at some spot in the map.

I'm curious enough to want to try out MW3, but I don't expect things to be any different.
I always tried taking advantage of that visibility and it pisses a lot of people off

While I won’t sit and camp a corner of a building I will camp good sight lines of choke points and move very slowly and pause to listen

While I never reach the top of the leaderboards anymore I much prefer going something 10-2 over 30-30 with my KD

jorgejjvr

I always tried taking advantage of that visibility and it pisses a lot of people off

While I won’t sit and camp a corner of a building I will camp good sight lines of choke points and move very slowly and pause to listen

While I never reach the top of the leaderboards anymore I much prefer going something 10-2 over 30-30 with my KD
Man, the fact that 10-2 or 30-30 is what MW2 offer is not it.

In cold war im going 113-8

Man, the fact that 10-2 or 30-30 is what MW2 offer is not it.

In cold war im going 113-8
Yeah should have said when I jump in solo just to play a few rounds I play TDM and like to be as tactical as this game allows since its mostly an arcade shooter

If I play objective based games and don't worry about objectives and just kill hunt its much easier to hit insane kill counts

Tsaki

Shame we will never have a proper MW2 (2009) multiplayer remaster like COD4 had, because of this game. The maps were created around that game's systems and mechanics, so having them remade now means it will play badly, like all the maps they brought back in Ghosts DLC.

RagnarokIV

If they didn't do 'carry forward' or at least blocked the Fortnite shite skins for the first 6 months, I'd be all in on this game.

I reinstalled MWII last night and deleted it within about 90 seconds when some stupid bender (some kunt named criminalz21 or something fucken retarded) showed up mouthing off some goofy nothing-soundbite quip. Just verbal guff that means nothing like "awh dawg u be in trubble naw". Then nicki minaj and what looked like Groot from the MCU. Fuck this piece of trash.

clarky

Gold Member
Hopefully a longer TTK and slightly less aggressive MM and ill be interested.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

For those of you who played the original mw2 maps. Are they good maps?

Are they small/mid size and/or good for gun and run? That's how I play. My favorite game in the series is bo2, how do the maps compare to that?

I love me some Treyarch 3 Lane maps, they are great for run and gun. Curious if anyone can give me a point of reference here
No one could help answer this?

In short, was it possible to get a lot of kills in these maps back in the day xD

Top Bottom