• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 3 (2023) - Beta Weekends

Played a bit more on PC today and while I'm playing much better then on controller even with gyro enabled I'm still not loving it. The pc crowd seems to love this bullshit movement even more then console?

splattered

I seem to be having problems on controller getting tactical sprint to activate and actually last more than a second or two.. been very frustrating. Also firing modes keep randomly changing around on me on the guns. Some other little funky stuff but still having a lot of fun with the beta.

jorgejjvr

Agreed

SBMM should only be in a ranked mode imo and spawns just suck

Probably a bad take but I think even for 6 v 6 some of the maps are just too small like Rust I don't know how many times I have spawned right in front of an enemy and was laser beamed before I could move
And some maps too big, I'm pretty sure mw2 2009 had 9v9

Also:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I finally had a chance to play today and I'm going to pass on this one. It just feels like a big DLC for MW2 and I don't feel the need to pay another $70. Seeing High Rise again was cool though.

Ben87fr

So i downloaded this to try it on xbox, when i try to play it i get on a screen to subscribe to gamepass ? What is this ?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
- I dont exactly remember the old maps from the 2009 game, but Favela and Estate seem bigger. Highrise and Skidrow seem the same (or close enough)
- Most guns have hardly any recoil, so take a gun that has good power and fast shooting speed (SMG). I might switch to SMG in the final game. I typically use an AR
- Fast TTK. 150 health is basically the same as 100 health in the old games. Guns seem more powerful + low recoil = lots of kills/deaths from long distance (even with SMGs)
- Plays fast. Probably similar to recent games. Tons of players sliding
- Game froze on me a few times playing Estate. Other maps were fine. Avoid Estate map. The same thing each time. My guy is reloading a gun and freeze

Last edited:
The headshot kill sound in MW2 is so much better than this
Mw3 guns feels like peashooters I'm all up for more health but don't take the oumph of the guns

splattered

When I first played the beta I was doing pretty good but last night and today it feels like enemies are major bullet sponges while I die in a small burst of bullets? Just messing around with dual pistols and stuff has been pretty fun today. Don't regret preordering at all but yeah this could have been DLC. Oh well. Would be NICE if they worked the QoL stuff into MW2 and made the store purchases carry both ways instead of just mw2 to mw3

Gerdav

When I first played the beta I was doing pretty good but last night and today it feels like enemies are major bullet sponges while I die in a small burst of bullets? Just messing around with dual pistols and stuff has been pretty fun today. Don't regret preordering at all but yeah this could have been DLC. Oh well. Would be NICE if they worked the QoL stuff into MW2 and made the store purchases carry both ways instead of just mw2 to mw3
It’s been like that all this weekend for me after being close to perfect all weekend 1, I’m 99% sure it’s lag/server related, it’s just hit market after hit market after hit marker for me.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
It’s been like that all this weekend for me after being close to perfect all weekend 1, I’m 99% sure it’s lag/server related, it’s just hit market after hit market after hit marker for me.
Tons of hit markers for me as well even with sniper rifles and no kill then I just melt in what feels like 2 shots

When this game is running well the guns feels so good but when its playing like this its really frustrating

splattered

I've also had issues with button commands not seeming to want to register? Like slides and dives and tactical sprints. I've had that issue the whole time though.

clarky

Gold Member
It´s dead.

Gets replaced with open world zombies, which uses the warzone-map.
Thats not correct technically. Its not being replaced but it does appear to be on life support, no new factions/missions etc. Doesn't look good for the mode

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Game is good? I don’t want to skip a year. I preordered it.
It's COD alright. If you like MW2019 and/or MWII, this is in-between those two movement wise with a slightly longer TTK. I prefer it over last year for sure.

Beta open to all for the next 18 hours or so have you not tried it?

Last edited:
And some maps too big, I'm pretty sure mw2 2009 had 9v9

Also:

I'm shocked by how bad MW2 looks at times on PS5. Expected WAY more from a cross gen COD after how amazing MW2019 looked on Xb1X. It's the damn FSR they started using. Why does mw2 need to upscale from 1080p when MW2019 didn't need to do that on much weaker hardware than PS5/SX?

The campaign is where it's especially noticeable ...fsr artifacts and aliasing is god awful. Such a shame because it could've looked as good if not better than Mw2019.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It's COD alright. If you like MW2019 and/or MWII, this is in-between those two movement wise with a slightly longer TTK. I prefer it over last year for sure.

Beta open to all for the next 18 hours or so have you not tried it?
Out of town, can’t try it. I appreciate the feedback.

Justin9mm

Playing on PS5, I buy every COD. I was very sceptical being sledgehammer before playing it.

I have to say the maps and TTK alone make this a buy for me. It's apparent how different and better the gameplay is with better fucking maps. And thank you for increasing health/TTK. It feels like there is some actual skill in the gunfights and makes for more fun engagement rather than who can get the first shot off. It just feels better and have had some really fun matches.

Barakov

Gold Member

serious cat GIF

RPS37

Played for about an hour earlier and I kind of started having a good time.
Got a little nostalgic for COD4. Haven’t played COD MP for a minute and I think the last COD I played was Infinite Warfare.

splattered

Welp.... FUCK.

I had to spend the whole day at the inlaws yesterday so i didnt get to play until a bit last night and then this morning.

I was literally in the LAST match i would have needed to unlock the beta test dummy skin and then the servers got shut down.

Yay.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Welp.... FUCK.

I had to spend the whole day at the inlaws yesterday so i didnt get to play until a bit last night and then this morning.

I was literally in the LAST match i would have needed to unlock the beta test dummy skin and then the servers got shut down.

Yay.
That really sucks.

I hated the skin when they revealed it but it really grew on me the more I used it

Antwix

Welp.... FUCK.

Yay.
The skin is cool in theory but everytime I see someone using it, they stick out like a sore thumb. Makes for an easy target.

splattered

So when I was playing this on beta weekend and couldn't get in enough playtime to reach level 30... The following day I was playing up until 10am pacific when it was supposed to close, but the servers stayed up a little while so I hit level 29 and alllllmost level 30. I was irritated I couldn't finish the match and hit level 30. BUT.. I just received the "thanks for playing the beta!" Email and apparently the game ONLY tracked my progress up until 10am pacific so officially I only hit level 28. Oof

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So when I was playing this on beta weekend and couldn't get in enough playtime to reach level 30... The following day I was playing up until 10am pacific when it was supposed to close, but the servers stayed up a little while so I hit level 29 and alllllmost level 30. I was irritated I couldn't finish the match and hit level 30. BUT.. I just received the "thanks for playing the beta!" Email and apparently the game ONLY tracked my progress up until 10am pacific so officially I only hit level 28. Oof
I don't trust the email as I hit level 30 very early on the second weekend and still played a lot with the red skin for hitting 30 but my email said I only hit 29 and did not earn the skin

Yamisan

Skipping simply due to file size on ps5. Finally uninstalled MW2, I'll miss it a bit but I missed the half a SSD more.

Top Bottom