• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ModNation Racers |OT| Loading, Moaning And Creating Vinyl Clothing

fancimus

hey guys, I have a bunch of extra air raid dlc codes, and as an old GAF fan and perennial lurker, I thought it would be fun to break the silence by giving them away (full disclosure: I work for SCEA's PR agency and am working on modnation racers, among other titles...and bishoptl gave me the thumbs-up to post :D).

I noticed some of you guys were having problems getting your codes, so hopefully this will help. Here's 50 codes that should work...please send me a PM if they run out and you'd like one, and I'll try to facilitate as many as I can!

J38D-4CBK-7E6T
R27H-R8BL-MPQD
8RTN-TFBN-NNK9
HH9C-CABG-JKGQ
DT5P-G7BR-2884
TTE2-9QBG-JE3B
GEAC-GDBL-R5JF
MMLN-3TBH-GMDL
7269-6HB2-EE85
KMJR-BRBL-M8PB
QK68-8EBN-EFLL
4JLC-HRBD-GCMC
Q3BB-2AB5-KBFD
5CPT-22BM-CCBT
PA7A-KJBN-MGH9
N9R7-Q9B7-4HCH
RF82-P6BM-BGKK
TTRD-R6BT-LN7Q
932F-2NBN-PDAF
N8G5-59BN-8QKN
D54E-LPBN-97C7
A8HE-CABR-KTN4
G92H-DPBC-6KLN
QJGE-L2BN-2BE4
8JJL-65B2-D447
LK7D-Q5B8-R725
A7LL-B9BN-TKBJ
2NDJ-NPBJ-BNTJ
694T-GEBH-QCEG
CKNC-MEBL-FJ4L
T3R9-22BF-EPLT
NCCP-4PBD-F84H
AQCQ-E4B6-A29H
F25C-87B8-589Q
A463-R7BA-RA7F
46KP-P2BA-CF8B
4MKJ-FBBK-TGTD
9LE9-AFBH-6N85
85GG-NGBC-PPLD
GP2R-R7BC-Q657
FMTH-BFBA-Q87A
TM4P-DKBQ-GF78
L533-2CBN-RF66
4MMM-5TBG-H5MB
TP5P-NCB3-FQJH
JKD6-J2BJ-3BFL
NP4P-GPB4-JRHT
B9J6-3DBG-HNHB
C6RT-B7BM-L8KB

Steve Youngblood said:
Neither Sony nor the copyright holders are really interested in seeing you playing the game with this free content when they could potentially profit from it.

I think you're being overtly cynical. LBP didn't take every idea ever made and put a price tag on it (except water :lol ), they had a few official endorsements and that was it. I don't think they (Sony or whoever) can prevent people creating copyrighted material short of removing features, and I'm pretty sure that the community would find a way around this (the work I've seen so far is absolutely incredible). They would have to basically remove most or all of the editing abilities from the game, at which point it would cease to be ModNation Racers. I imagine that removing content would alienate the userbase quite a bit, to say the least.

Liberty4all

Banned
fancimus said:
hey guys, I have a bunch of extra air raid dlc codes, and as an old GAF fan and perennial lurker, I thought it would be fun to break the silence by giving them away (full disclosure: I work for SCEA's PR agency and am working on modnation racers, among other titles...and bishoptl gave me the thumbs-up to post :D).

I noticed some of you guys were having problems getting your codes, so hopefully this will help. Here's 50 codes that should work...please send me a PM if they run out and you'd like one, and I'll try to facilitate as many as I can!

J38D-4CBK-7E6T
R27H-R8BL-MPQD
8RTN-TFBN-NNK9
HH9C-CABG-JKGQ
DT5P-G7BR-2884
TTE2-9QBG-JE3B
GEAC-GDBL-R5JF
MMLN-3TBH-GMDL
7269-6HB2-EE85
KMJR-BRBL-M8PB
QK68-8EBN-EFLL
4JLC-HRBD-GCMC
Q3BB-2AB5-KBFD
5CPT-22BM-CCBT
PA7A-KJBN-MGH9
N9R7-Q9B7-4HCH
RF82-P6BM-BGKK
TTRD-R6BT-LN7Q
932F-2NBN-PDAF
N8G5-59BN-8QKN
D54E-LPBN-97C7
A8HE-CABR-KTN4
G92H-DPBC-6KLN
QJGE-L2BN-2BE4
8JJL-65B2-D447
LK7D-Q5B8-R725
A7LL-B9BN-TKBJ
2NDJ-NPBJ-BNTJ
694T-GEBH-QCEG
CKNC-MEBL-FJ4L
T3R9-22BF-EPLT
NCCP-4PBD-F84H
AQCQ-E4B6-A29H
F25C-87B8-589Q
A463-R7BA-RA7F
46KP-P2BA-CF8B
4MKJ-FBBK-TGTD
9LE9-AFBH-6N85
85GG-NGBC-PPLD
GP2R-R7BC-Q657
FMTH-BFBA-Q87A
TM4P-DKBQ-GF78
L533-2CBN-RF66
4MMM-5TBG-H5MB
TP5P-NCB3-FQJH
JKD6-J2BJ-3BFL
NP4P-GPB4-JRHT
B9J6-3DBG-HNHB
C6RT-B7BM-L8KB

Air raid ... that's the code gamespot was giving away while ago right? If so I got one and it's awesome

My mod at this time.

4642337315_d7ac896b19_o.jpg

And.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4025/4642337281_5f3d550131_o.jpg

MarshMellow96 said:
I think you're being overtly cynical. LBP didn't take every idea ever made and put a price tag on it (except water :lol ), they had a few official endorsements and that was it. I don't think they (Sony or whoever) can prevent people creating copyrighted material short of removing features, and I'm pretty sure that the community would find a way around this (the work I've seen so far is absolutely incredible). They would have to basically remove most or all of the editing abilities from the game, at which point it would cease to be ModNation Racers. I imagine that removing content would alienate the userbase quite a bit, to say the least.
Mind you, I'm not trying to say that Sony is a big, power-hungry company here and that they are looking to cash in on anything and everything. However, it's always going to be somewhat problematic when a big hook of your game is the ability to create content, and the content that people want and want to create is copyrighted.

Back to WWE, I don't doubt for one second that people are interested in crazy characters in the game. However, as far as an interested party stepping in and being concerned that some created content is harming their interests, I can't imagine that anyone outside of TNA or retired wrestlers would really care about their likeness being in the game. After all, if I'm buying a WWE game, I'm buying it mainly for the WWE brand. The fact that I can have Mario fighting John Cena is really only chuckle-worthy.

ModNation doesn't have that going for it. It relies on the creativity of its users to create interesting Mods. That aspect is critically important, as characters are ALWAYS a huge selling point of cart racers. These games are always some company's stable of all-stars, and there are none here out of the gate. So when all of those Mods rely heavily on taking copyrighted material and throwing them up there being as true to form as possible, other interested parties are probably going to be thinking that they should get a piece of this action. Sony cannot ignore that from either a liability standpoint, or from being interested in potentially generating more revenue. It's really not cynicism.

Purist

Neo Member
Looks like Sony is re-sending out the emails with the Air Raid code too: "It seems we forgot something--your ModNation Racers voucher code".

Crisis

Banned
Purist said:
Looks like Sony is re-sending out the emails with the Air Raid code too: "It seems we forgot something--your ModNation Racers voucher code".

Yep. I just got it as well. If you had anything to do with it thanks for fixing it fancimus.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I just got that Modnation air raid email and I don't even have the game, weird.
I was in the beta, though, maybe that explains it.

Steve Youngblood said:
Back to WWE, I don't doubt for one second that people are interested in crazy characters in the game. However, as far as an interested party stepping in and being concerned that some created content is harming their interests, I can't imagine that anyone outside of TNA or retired wrestlers would really care about their likeness being in the game. After all, if I'm buying a WWE game, I'm buying it mainly for the WWE brand. The fact that I can have Mario fighting John Cena is really only chuckle-worthy.

ModNation doesn't have that going for it. It relies on the creativity of its users to create interesting Mods. That aspect is critically important, as characters are ALWAYS a huge selling point of cart racers. These games are always some company's stable of all-stars, and there are none here out of the gate. So when all of those Mods rely heavily on taking copyrighted material and throwing them up there being as true to form as possible, other interested parties are probably going to be thinking that they should get a piece of this action. Sony cannot ignore that from either a liability standpoint, or from being interested in potentially generating more revenue. It's really not cynicism.

True, WWE has the other stars to fall back on, with the created characters taking a back seat somewhat. If we're to compare the user created content genre, you only have to look at the GAF LBP thread to see that people are making genuinely fabulous levels that are of their own design, and there's probably a lot less of an emphasis on a Spiderman sackboy etc. than there used to be. What will probably happen is the community for that sort of thing will die down or it will be killed, which will probably cause a few players to quit. I personally think that they will probably end up taking the LBP route of gutting most of the copyright stuff, then selling a few character packs and level designs. I think that's cynicism :D

MrPliskin

Banned
Bamelin said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Heroes#Suit_by_Marvel

Here's details of the suit Marvel had against Cryptic over the same issue of copyright infringement

I think it's a bit different when you're talking subscription services, where the publisher/developer are clearly going out of their way to offer a "Marvel" MMO experience and get monthly paychecks.

With MNR, the developer (and publisher) seek to gain nothing after the initial investment, and I don't really think they encourage too much either. I think there is a pretty substantial difference between a pay to play game, and just a one shot service like MNR.

I just got a Air Raid code on the mail as well... problem is, they sent me a US code and I'm European...

Up for grabs
8Q2C-EQBQ-KBHF

Takao

Banned
ConradCervantes said:
Anyone have impressions on the PSP sku yet? I'm getting the MGS bundle in a couple weeks, and it'd be nice to knock out a few races while on lunch break or in the can.

I've just started Career mode and it's a bit of fun. The customization options are a bit limited early on for the Mods, but seeing other people's Mods for the PSP version, it seems it gets better. People have made Luffy, Naruto, the Joker, Mario, Luigi, etc.

There's a demo on PSN that gives you a taste of how the game handles, but there are more gameplay options in the full game.

Metalmurphy said:
I just got a Air Raid code on the mail as well... problem is, they sent me a US code and I'm European...

Up for grabs
8Q2C-EQBQ-KBHF

Same for me.

Seems to me the Euro side is lacking for new DLC stuff for the game. The US got some Van and Character DLC yesterday and Europe didn't.

Just got it, load times are atrocious but it seems very fun so far. So am I just sucking at using the shield? Because so far it seems worthless and I get owned by every single weapon. I had hopes that the shield would fix the "Mario Kart-ness" of Kart racers punishing people who are in the lead so much, but this almost seems worse than Mario Kart in that sense since the weapons are so devastating (you can actually die from a hit and have to respawn).

I'm sure I just am bad at the shield though and with practice I'll change my tune. Anyone have tips with using it?

Also is it just me or does the turning seem not very analog? Like...pushing the stick a little bit seems to make you turn almost just as hard as pushing it all the way.

Slaylock

MisterAnderson said:
I'm sure I just am bad at the shield though and with practice I'll change my tune. Anyone have tips with using it?
The timing relates to when your character looks backwards at the incoming weapon. I try to hit the shield just after my character looks backwards, but if the shot is fired from close range, there really isn't any chance to block it.

Darklord

Banned
I just saw the quicklook for this game on GB. Wow, it looks really cool. Kinda worried if I did buy it(when I buy a PS3) the community won't be that big in Australia. Still, it looks really cool.

Takao

Banned
Last Kart Standing is a lot of fun online. The place seems a little dead at the moment in terms of people, but meh.

Decado

Any news on whether Sony is going to patch some of the AI/single player issues? It's pretty much why I'm holding off.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sucks this game, just like LBP, doesn't have web integration (clicking on links to put stuff in queue etc). Same mistake Mm did.

Decado said:
Any news on whether Sony is going to patch some of the AI/single player issues? It's pretty much why I'm holding off.

What issues?

Besides, 1st to PM me gets the Air Raid code. gone

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Oh it's gonna be fun to get the Invite 5 unique friends Trophy. Most of my friends are from USA.

Liberty4all

Banned
Here are my current mods:

preview_image.png

preview_image.png

Helmet says pac attak heh

Wish I could show better angles of the car. I feel like my creations are pathetic compared to some of the stuff out there.

I can't believe how fantastic the track creator is. I never managed to make a level in LBP so I was a tiny bit skeptical but I didn't need to be. 15 minutes and I had a pretty sweet looking (and playing) track. I can't wait to see what the community comes up with over the next few months.

I think it'll also be interesting to see if UFG actually sell much of their DLC when the user created stuff looks so great already.

netguy503

natureboy46 said:
I can't believe how fantastic the track creator is. I never managed to make a level in LBP so I was a tiny bit skeptical but I didn't need to be. 15 minutes and I had a pretty sweet looking (and playing) track. I can't wait to see what the community comes up with over the next few months.

I think it'll also be interesting to see if UFG actually sell much of their DLC when the user created stuff looks so great already.

I actually don't know what DLC they can really come out with? The DLC they came out with this week was stupid, utter trash. There are MUCH better character creations and kart mods out there now.

Top Bottom