• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ModNation Racers |OT| Loading, Moaning And Creating Vinyl Clothing

netguy503

shagg_187 said:
Damn!! The characters that people have created are GODLY! I mean I don't even know who to create anymore as everyone and their kitchen sink!

The creations are so awesome they took the words right out of your mouth.:lol :D

Liberty4all

Banned
mine's not godly it's barely passable. * embarrassed*

But it's MY creation ... there is something about driving the ms pacman I designed in the car I built that just makes the game fucking AWESOME. And I keep having people come up to me in modspot, which is abit of an ego boost too ... I guess I got ms pacman good enough that it was recognizable,

I'm proud of my slightly unsettling rendition of the president. :lol

Basically I'm trying to think of all the characters I can come up with to make an amazing cast for a kart racer. Maybe I'll do another one tonight. I'd like to do Moltar from Space Ghost but that head shape might be impossible.

BigNastyCurve said:
I'm very glad I just ordered this game from Amazon. I could have a lot of fun just designing characters.
While you're waiting, get the demo if you haven't already. You can start making stuff then bring it over to the final game when you get it. It carries over.

For my first creations I made Guy and Cody from Final Fight. Be nice!

ModNationRacers.jpg

ModNationRacers_1.jpg

RobbieNick

Hmmm... The Wal-Mart I work at got the game today with Sackboy. Thinking of just buying it there ionstead of my GameStop pre-order and saving the $6 since Kratos Mods are everywhere for download.

No45

OK, I've played this a fair amount more now and it's fupping awesome.

I've done all but the final race on the fourth tour. On a couple of occasions last night I found myself doing a half decent job of a track on the first go through and finishing 11th/12th, wondering if it was just going to get horribly difficult. But then after a few tries I would slowly get up to the chasing pack, then after a few more tries working out where the shortcuts are (A lot of which I think can be ignored) and concentrating on the defensive options I would easily sneak into the final 3, often finishing in 1st.

Sinkhole is a particular favourite of mine. Drifting right from the top of that second corkscrew to the bottom, overtaking a pack or racers while hitting every boost pad and finally onto that jump at the bottom is an amazing feeling. I love trying to get my drift to the point that I'm almost nose into the ravine! (You can also easily get the 1080 trophy on the first jump on this track)

I'm still absolutely petrified by some of the bonus objectives though. An entire three lap race of a tricky track without once touching the walls for example? Madness!

I still haven't taken it online yet though. Been keen to unlock as much as I can so I can create some cool stuff first - all I've managed to far is a mod/kart in claret and blue (Come on you Irons!) and I started a vamp type mod last night but didn't get very far.

Also, the starting boost mechanic in this is fantastic. It's great that you can't just memorise the timing and have to be paying attention.

cybropm said:
Posted a video of some of the mods people have made. Its amazing there are way too many.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s1hhWqTbHg

Great fun addictive game!:D
The Robin in there is great! (As are almost all of the others, I'm in awe of the things people can do just with the mod creator)

Katana_Strikes said:
Same for me.

Seems to me the Euro side is lacking for new DLC stuff for the game. The US got some Van and Character DLC yesterday and Europe didn't.
I noticed the van DLC in the in-game shop (UK), think it was £1.39.

Nyx

Had a blast again racing online last night, and I never even heard of this game a month ago..

Also cool to see that my Lois Griffin is still the best one yet (out of 5 I think), and it's been downloaded 38 times already. If you guys haven't downloaded it already, please do so, and a rating would be nice too. :D (my tag is nyx1978)

CryptiK

just got this today( I won it ) its the press kit version so i got both teh PSP and PS3 version for free (dont have a PSP though >.>) anyway I am now sitting in the lobby WAITING AND WAITING for the damn XP race >.>

Here is another code for the Air Raid DLC: 2AGH-J8BT-DGG6

I am glad I finally figured out how to access everything in the ModStation via the controller as having to drive to everything got old very quickly.

NewBrof

this is a loading time video from the demo, but it looks they did not fix it, yet??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSW1CaWhQuU

this kills it... 1 Minute to load the race track, 30+ second to exit... 3 minutes for a race, so when I play 90 minutes I have 30 minutes of waiting included... really? I don't believe they can fix it btw...
the game looks sweet

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
NewBrof said:
this is a loading time video from the demo, but it looks they did not fix it, yet??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSW1CaWhQuU

this kills it... 1 Minute to load the race track, 30+ second to exit... 3 minutes for a race, so when I play 90 minutes I have 30 minutes of waiting included... really? I don't believe they can fix it btw...
the game looks sweet

It's bad, but really not that bad. I still hope they fix it, but having played the game a lot for the last couple of days I have to say I'm not as much bothered by it as I assumed I would have.

It's odd, I know. I'm sure other people agree.

Nyx

TTP said:
It's bad, but really not that bad. I still hope they fix it, but having played the game a lot for the last couple of days I have to say I'm not as much bothered by it as I assumed I would have.

It's odd, I know. I'm sure other people agree.

Yep, I agree.

When I first saw the YT loading video I laughed and thought it would ruin the game, but now that I have it myself, I'm hardly bothered by the loading times cause the racing is so freaking ace.

DarkKyo

So are there some really cool user-made tracks by now? I'm waiting a bit to play the game and I'm wondering exactly how versatile this thing is.

Nyx

Dechaios said:
So are there some really cool user-made tracks by now? I'm waiting a bit to play the game and I'm wondering exactly how versatile this thing is.

Some ? There's tons !

ha1f

This game really surprised me. The track editor and Mod customizations are waaaaay past what I thought they would be. So awesome!

Liberty4all

Banned
Nyx said:
Some ? There's tons !

It reminds me of my old days of PC gaming ... when you'd boot up a new user made map with no idea what sort of awesome awaited ... this game is the closest I've ever come in a console game to a true "mod" experience

Top Bottom