• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ModNation Racers |OT| Loading, Moaning And Creating Vinyl Clothing

netguy503

Dizzle24 said:
Here are my creations: :lol :lol
"Underpants Killer"
fcjg4z.jpg

Haven't taken pics of the karts, but I made some to match the characters.

I don't get it? Why didn't you just make "Inside out boy".:lol

Dizzle24

netguy503 said:
I don't get it? Why didn't you just make "Inside out boy".:lol

Because he's in his underpants and covered in blood. :lol

Thanks for the idea though! I'll make it tonight or tomorrow and post it up.

dragonflys545 said:
Anyone having trouble connecting online at all? I've been unable to connect online since the day i purchase it...

Probably a stupid question, but can your PS3 connect to the internet at all? Say, for PSN store and other games.

Dizzle24

I get a lot of disconnects on PS3 as well. It's really random. I was in the middle of a race and was disconnected, as well as just riding around the outside area. You have to just keep manually trying to reconnect via in-game menu.

HappyBivouac said:
Probably a stupid question, but can your PS3 connect to the internet at all? Say, for PSN store and other games.

Yes. This is the only gosh damn game i am having trouble with getting online. When i try to connect it keeps kicking me back to offline.

netguy503

dragonflys545 said:
Anyone having trouble connecting online at all? I've been unable to connect online since the day i purchase it...

Actually it drops me out regularly too. It shows me connected to the PSN but not online in the game (yeah, figure that one out). Very weird and very annoying. I always have to hit start and hit the globe in the menu and then everything is fine. But I shouldn't have to do this in the first place...ESPECIALLY WHEN I'M ALREADY ON THE PSN! UGH!:lol

Dizzle24 said:
I get a lot of disconnects on PS3 as well. It's really random. I was in the middle of a race and was disconnected, as well as just riding around the outside area. You have to just keep manually trying to reconnect via in-game menu.

I've tried to connect manually at least 20 times... I can download karts, skins, and levels, I just can't seem to get online.

netguy503 said:
Actually it drops me out regularly too. It shows me connected to the PSN but not online in the game (yeah, figure that one out). Very weird and very annoying. I always have to hit start and hit the globe in the menu and then everything is fine. But I shouldn't have to do this in the first place...ESPECIALLY WHEN I'M ALREADY ON THE PSN! UGH!:lol

I am kinda pissed right now. This is perhaps the only game i have trouble during launch, fix this shit Guerrilla.

netguy503

HappyBivouac said:
Huh. I've been playing the game constantly and I haven't had connection problems. Fiddle around with your network settings?

Again, we are on the PSN when this happens (and we never get kicked off the PSN the whole time this is happening) and this is the only online game this has happened to for us. This is not a problem on our end.

kevm3

dragonflys545 said:

I was unable to connect online until I realized you had to scroll all the way down the terms of service prompt and make sure accept is highlighted as opposed to hitting just x immediately.

Doesn't seem to be the problem you're having, but whatever, someone might find it useful lol.

rc213

I played early and I had people driving around me like crazy but the little earth icon was orange and not white. I couldn't race online until I connected it manually.

netguy503

rc213 said:
I played early and I had people driving around me like crazy but the little earth icon was orange and not white. I couldn't race online until I connected it manually.

Ok, now three people have said the same thing. Can people just accept this is a problem they need to address. I'm glad it's not happening to everyone but even if it's only happening to a few we are still part of the community they should, as game developers, try to please especially if they want us to continually support their game by buying additional DLC, etc. This has nothing to do with the terms of service and our not accepting it.

netguy503 said:
Again, we are on the PSN when this happens (and we never get kicked off the PSN the whole time this is happening) and this is the only online game this has happened to for us. This is not a problem on our end.

Certain network settings can mess with certain games. It happens with MGO too. I don;t know much about it though. :[

Not saying they shouldn't address it. Just trying to be helpful.

netguy503

HappyBivouac said:
Certain network settings can mess with certain games. It happens with MGO too. I don;t know much about it though. :[

Not saying they shouldn't address it. Just trying to be helpful.

So then why would it allow us back on by just reconnecting without changing those settings from the way we had them when we got "kicked off"?

Anyone know how to unlock the box eyes? (Or whatever eyes that one Mega Man skin has) Been trying to look for it in all the challenges but no luck. The customization is the star of this game, pretty ridiculous how creative everyone has been so far.

dragonflys545 said:

Like someone else mentioned (I believe netguy), mine will be signed and logged into the PSN but when I play ModNation Racers, the game cant connect online initially. I have to manually tell it to connect online, then occasionally right when a race ends it disconnects me (Im still signed on into the PSN) from modnation and I have to reconnect.

MrPliskin

Banned
Tone down the "shine" expy, trust me, it'll look reaaaaly bad when you take it into the game world (as in, you'll lose all that detail). I usually never got past 50 on metal. Ever.

expy

Banned
MrPliskin said:
Tone down the "shine" expy, trust me, it'll look reaaaaly bad when you take it into the game world (as in, you'll lose all that detail). I usually never got past 50 on metal. Ever.

Yea, I jsut brought her out for a test run... lol, going to have to modify a few things, as well as try and unlock other customizable items.

It wouldn't be hard to use stickers to copy the faces over from the anime. Might look weird on the head/body though. Like this, they look sort of like a cartoonized version of eva cosplayers. :lol Really nice work though. I like.

netguy503

Dedication Through Light said:
Like someone else mentioned (I believe netguy), mine will be signed and logged into the PSN but when I play ModNation Racers, the game cant connect online initially. I have to manually tell it to connect online, then occasionally right when a race ends it disconnects me (Im still signed on into the PSN) from modnation and I have to reconnect.

Now that's four. Anyone else? I've got to say, if they were going to release a patch for the game's problems, I'd definitely say release a patch to fix the load times first. At least they wait to disconnect you from the game's online network until (as the poster above me said) after you complete a race. It has only happened to me one during an actual race (and that was with the max number of players allowed in a online game, no AI). So at least when they kick you off online (while you're still online) they are nice about it.:lol

Dizzle24 said:
Here are my creations: :lol :lol
"Underpants Killer"
http://i45.tinypic.com/fcjg4z.jpg[IMG]
[B]"Serious Panda"[/B]
[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/10da16c.jpg[IMG]
[B]"Explodey" [/B]
[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2ilg403.jpg[IMG]
[B]"Corroded Candycane"[/B]
[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2rr5ilv.jpg[IMG]

Haven't taken pics of the karts, but I made some to match the characters.[/QUOTE]

Nice to see some awesome mod designs that aren't just licensed characters! Good stuff, man.

No45

autobzooty said:
Nice to see some awesome mod designs that aren't just licensed characters! Good stuff, man.
Just what I was going to post. Hopefully eventually we'll see some original creations at the top of the lists.

Although I can't talk, other than creating myself in my teams colours (I'm doing Di Canio next. :p) and a half finished vampire character I haven't created anything.

Pietepiet

No45 said:
Just what I was going to post. Hopefully eventually we'll see some original creations at the top of the lists.

I don't think Mario will ever be kicked off the top 3.

And I agree, those are excellent. I'll post my mods when I get home from work :)

Guv_Bubbs said:
TIGER TEMPLE!!!

Big Deal. I got Papu's Pryamid / Oxcide Station in the works :lol They do not look the same though due to theme reasons but the track/shortcuts remain intact.

I'll edit this post with a screenie's in a moment.

Edit - alright Screenie time!

modnationracers.jpg

modnationracers1.jpg

modnationracers2.jpg

Remember it is a work in Progress, but the basic's of the track are down. No Pic's of Oxcide yet sorry, still messing around with that one.

And just for kicks, here is my mod BlackSkull :lol

modnationracers3.jpg

RobbieNick

Finally got it today and could not play enough of it. So good. Bypassed the GameStop pre-oredered Kratos and saved myself six bucks with employee discount. Still got Sackboy which is all I cared about.

Downloaded a ton of characters and cars. Played several games online. Some of these modes are incredibly impressive. I don't know how they do it.

Haven't been able to pick this up yet, but I probably will in the next few days.

Are there any remakes of Diddy Kong Racing stages yet? If not, I know what my job is gonna be as soon as I pick the game up :D

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I am going through the career now - a tutorial video said there are "more themes" to unlock as I progress past the 4 basic ones to build tracks with. Did it mean more actual environments or just more scenery objects?

Count me in on waiting to see how the patch affects load times. The Modspot idea is actually pretty neat, it's a nice visualization hub for the game mods; but it seems overambitious due to how the game must load and render content when building tracks.

BillyBobX

I love this game. They got so many things so right: the creativity options, the ease of downloading user created content and the on-line racing. I love the casual on-line racing where you can choose to download the track you just raced and vote on it; that is so perfect.

However, the loading and the ridiculously difficult AI for the single player career really keeps this from being a perfect game. I don't think I'll be able to even complete career mode much less all of the challenges unless something changes.

I really hope United Front/Sony are listening to the complaints about the difficulty and give us a difficulty patch ala Wipeout HD.

Purist

Neo Member
Kaijima said:
I am going through the career now - a tutorial video said there are "more themes" to unlock as I progress past the 4 basic ones to build tracks with. Did it mean more actual environments or just more scenery objects?

More actual environments. I don't know what they are but I know there's more beyond the first four.

YagizY

Question from a person interested in buying: So I know you unlock things as you go in career but.... do you have to place first to unlock everything?

Purist said:
I created my very first track, inspired by a real life Monaco circuit: Valencia Street Circuit

http://community.modnation.com/en-us/creations/279807

It features 90-degree turns, a couple hairpins, and two straightaways lined with boosters. It's pretty conventional and more real-world, so my next will be completely off the wall. Let me know what you think.

Wow there were like five other versions, regardless, I did a few casual races on it. I thought it was fun, the boosters are in awesome places.

No45

YagizY said:
Question from a person interested in buying: So I know you unlock things as you go in career but.... do you have to place first to unlock everything?
To unlock everything you have to first place all races AND complete some insane challenges while still placing first! It's not going to be easy... but so far at least it's been a hell of a lot of fun.

V_Ben

Banned
Lead Based Paint said:
I have considered buying a ps3 for this game. Really wish I could play this game!

It really is fantastic. If you're on the fence, i'd buy a system for this.

Top Bottom