• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ModNation Racers |OT| Loading, Moaning And Creating Vinyl Clothing

expy

Banned
2k4pyv.jpg

Got a few questions

1. Any way to make it so only one ear has an earring?
2. Are there fingerless gloves?
3. Any way to make the ears tilt like a normal persons or will they always point outward?

Eteric Rice

Can someone do me a favor and make Tom Baker's Doctor Who?

I don't have the game yet, but I want a Tom Baker Doctor Who. :D

Also, maybe a Tardis car? :lol

demolitio

Just finished my first decent map just named "The Jungle" which I'm quite proud of since I struggled in the beginning. Now back to completing my Hyrule map after learning some things. :D

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Hmmm... there is a Update, 1.01, is this new? It's 30mbs and I wonder what it does.

EDIT: Oh wait... nevermind this is the first time I play MNR while connected to PSN. :lol

I Finished my Papu Pryamid Overhaul =) I was up all night finishing it and My PS3 crashed at onepoint meaning I had todo an entire section again =(

modnationracers5.jpg

Enjoy :lol

netguy503

Justin Dailey said:
Man...the matchmaking in this game is something...:(

Yea, there was like no one on yesterday. But I'm guessing this weekend especially will be hard to find people online because it is Memorial Day weekend.

netguy503

dexterslu said:
107787909-b1e4b3cf80f3a1b818b1e7ce557a05b0.4c014108-full.jpeg

Just downloaded a John Locke mod and Wheelchair Kart - why isn't there an Island track yet?!

I haven't been impressed with ANY of the LOST characters in ModNation Racers. I don't know what's missing. They just don't feel authentic. :/ As for an Island track, I don't know why there is not one. Especially with that Island stage with an airplane already on it and everything.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Did anyone get their pre-order copy from Overstock.com? I got it canceled...

Overstock.com just sent you a refund

Overstock.com just sent you a full refund of $41.89 USD for your purchase. If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Overstock.com.

Yet I got my copy in the mail (after ordering it from Amazon). Did I just get lucky?

netguy503

DeadGzuz said:
Did anyone get their pre-order copy from Overstock.com? I got it canceled...

Yet I got my copy in the mail (after ordering it from Amazon). Did I just get lucky?

You should probably send it back. I bet they track who they send it out to and who they give refunds to. If you keep it they have rights probably to go after you/your account and charge you even more than the game cost. I don't think it's worth it in the end IMHO.

Probably an idiot for asking, I only had a few minutes to play this morning after getting the game. I saw that I could download the top mods (and did so), but how do I search for the other mods people have made? I didn't see an option.

netguy503

CronosBlade said:
Probably an idiot for asking, I only had a few minutes to play this morning after getting the game. I saw that I could download the top mods (and did so), but how do I search for the other mods people have made? I didn't see an option.

Like Karts and Tracks? I believe you can scroll through that with R2 (I think?). It will show track, racer, and kart icons right above the group of mods your looking at. Just press the corresponding button.

I have a question....to boost at the start of a race I know to hit L1 when the light turns green but is that while holding down R2 for gas? Also, what button do I push to boost during a race when my meter is filled up? Thanks.

Meohsix

Kx2tL.png

DzuKI.png

im not happy with the yankees logo, but its the best i can do =/
feel free to dl them if you want my psnID is MaxtorGeo

No45

CronosBlade said:
Press Start, go to the Share section and select Download. L2/R2 cycle through mods/karts/tracks and you can choose from a load of filters as well to narrow it down (Highest rated, most downloaded, text filter etc.)

netguy503 said:
I have a question....to boost at the start of a race I know to hit L1 when the light turns green but is that while holding down R2 for gas? Also, what button do I push to boost during a race when my meter is filled up? Thanks.
You can hold R2 from the start, it doesn't have any impact on the boost start. And it's L1 to boost when you're up and running, though you don't need a full meter to boost.

MrPliskin

Banned
CronosBlade said:
You can search by text further down in the options. It's above search by keyword.

Tiktaalik

Finally got around to picking up the game. Used the airraid code that fancimus posted in post 552: A8HE-CABR-KTN4. Thx dude.

This game is suprisingly hard (rubber banding A.I. sucks in racing games). I have lost count of the number of times I have had 2 or 3 other racers lock on to me right near the finish line so that I end up getting passed :|

However, the mechanics are absolutely fantastic with a lot of risk and reward, and the amount of user generated content is already staggering. SP can be frustrating, but with so much content it is hard not to endorse this game. I love the asthetic, the ability to share creations and how easy the tools are to use. I was really into Red Dead, but now I keep throwing this game in when I sit down to play.

the_prime_mover said:
This game is suprisingly hard (rubber banding A.I. sucks in racing games). I have lost count of the number of times I have had 2 or 3 other racers lock on to me right near the finish line so that I end up getting passed :|

However, the mechanics are absolutely fantastic with a lot of risk and reward, and the amount of user generated content is already staggering. SP can be frustrating, but with so much content it is hard not to endorse this game. I love the asthetic, the ability to share creations and how easy the tools are to use. I was really into Red Dead, but now I keep throwing this game in when I sit down to play.

Sounds like you need to save more meter for your shield.

Blue shockwave is kind of a bitch, though.

autobzooty said:
Sounds like you need to save more meter for your shield.

Blue shockwave is kind of a bitch, though.

Each shield activation takes 1 segment of your boost gauge though, so near the end of the match (on some tracks) it isn't always likely that I will have 3 or more boost segments. And yes, the shockwave is almost impossible to block with only one segment. I do agree though that I have not perfected my shield activation timing, but the various indicators seem inconsistent.

the_prime_mover said:
Each shield activation takes 1 segment of your boost gauge though, so near the end of the match (on some tracks) it isn't always likely that I will have 3 or more boost segments. And yes, the shockwave is almost impossible to block with only one segment. I do agree though that I have not perfected my shield activation timing, but the various indicators seem inconsistent.

Took me a while to get used to it, but you need to activate it way later than you want to. Shield consumes the meter so quickly that if you pull the trigger too soon, you'll get hit anyways. But when you hear that alarm going off, you're really eager to press the shield button, I know. :lol

btw, how are people taking screenshots of their stuff?

Tiktaalik

Can you avoid the shockwave by being on the far side of the track though? I'm not sure. It seemed at one point that it avoided me, but then I stupidly drove toward the centre of the track and got hit.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Tiktaalik said:
Can you avoid the shockwave by being on the far side of the track though? I'm not sure. It seemed at one point that it avoided me, but then I stupidly drove toward the centre of the track and got hit.

You certainly can. It has a set width, so if the track is wide enough, stay on the edges and kerbs. Or take a shortcut/alternate route. Blue wave seems to stay on the "main" path.

I played for a couple of hours today, the game is great, but tough. And getting all the tokens will take a while.

That said, the loading is pretty bad, but is does not seem too terrible when you are actually playing. Plus race restart is nearly instant which is excellent. I think if they add an option to bypass the hub and go to an actual menu it will be far faster.

I find the more I play this the less I get irritated with the loading times. Granted they are still pretty lengthy but once you get passed the initial start up of the game it's fine. UFG still needs to get that patch out though!

And I agree the game mechanics to this game is brilliant, the risk vs. reward makes simple kart racing much more addictive.

Top Bottom