• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolith Soft's Wii U game "X" coming 2014 [E3 Trailer]

Status
Not open for further replies.
x_monolith_2_by_gifsandmore-d6hnsh4.if

I am creating these from the OP's link. Given it's down-sized, it looks better than 720p version.

Ilo your gifs are atrocious, too big and they take too long to load.

Riki

Unless it's a system selling evergreen, Nintendo seems not to release stuff until it's totally done and polished. How much do you want to bet it doesn't show up until 2015?

I don't think it will take that long. They've been working on it since the middle of 2010 at the very latest. Four years is a perfectly reasonable time frame to get this game out for any studio (well, most studios).

Unless it's a system selling evergreen, Nintendo seems not to release stuff until it's totally done and polished. How much do you want to bet it doesn't show up until 2015?

Yes, you actually know what your talking about. Strong feeling it won't release until 2015 and the game will be all the better for it. No pressure should be put on Monolith Soft to rush this game.

sublimit

Banned
I spend around 300 hours doing almost everything in Xenoblade,i think i will easily top that with X.Can't wait to explore every nook and cranny of X's world!

Mory Dunz

Easy_D

never left the stone age
The single most impressive Wii U title here. Can't wait to see what Retro's cooking up for the future (PLEASEBEMETROIDPRIME4WITHWIIMOTECONTROLS)

Persona86

Banned
Oh, nice!

EDIT:
Dang, but reading on.....
Tropical Freeze says TBD? Shouldn't it be 2013?
Mario & Sonic says TBD? Shouldn't it be 2013?

EDIT Again: Sorry I was looking at Japan. But...

Wii Fit U that hasn't been shown says 2013?

Mario Golf 3DS says SUMMER 2013?? I thought it was pushed back to 2014?
I'm not sure I trust these dates anymore...
It has been shown @ E3 2012 and it has plenty of cringe in it. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlEcQsPsQI8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLWfy-Gc9Ok

Mory Dunz

It has been shown and it has plenty of cringe in it. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLWfy-Gc9Ok

Thanks
Lol, watched it muted, but it seemed like a good trailer. Gets the point across a little (By showing how it differs from the Wii version). If it gets advertised, maybe it can sell a bit.

But again, what about "Summer 2013" for Mario Golf?
It makes me doubt the accuracy of the list a little.

The thing is, I don't want to get hyped for X and have it come out in 2015...

Persona86

Banned
this and Smash Bros are the only reason I'm truly exited and thinking about getting a WiiU
with Sonic Lost World as the Icing on top
Everyone has different taste, but I'm buying the Wii U for:

X
Bayonetta 2
Sonic Lost World
Zelda Wii U (plus Windwaker Hd)
Mario 3D World
Wonderful 101
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Plus whatever future games that catch my interest.

Money well spent IMO.

Persona86

Banned
Thanks
Lol, watched it muted, but it seemed like a good trailer. Gets the point across a little (By showing how it differs from the Wii version). If it gets advertised, maybe it can sell a bit.

But again, what about "Summer 2013" for Mario Golf?
It makes me doubt the accuracy of the list a little.

The thing is, I don't want to get hyped for X and have it come out in 2015...

Lol yeah that was the better trailer, I edited in a longer more cringe worthy one. ;)

Anyway one thing is for sure, we wont have to wait long for this game (x) to get localized, because this time Nintendo is pushing this game for the west. So hopefully it all goes smoothly.

X
Bayonetta 2
Sonic Lost World
Mario 3D World
Wonderful 101
Super Smash Bros Wii U

Money well spent IMO.
a good list is just that from what I seen from a majority of these title... doesn't make me want to have it as a must have... I could be wrong in the future though

Also I barely now if the new Zelda might be interesting since we haven't see anything on it yet officially... I just can't hope on name alone

Persona86

Banned
a good list is just that from what I seen from a majority of these title... doesn't make me want to have it as a must have... I could be wrong in the future though

Also I barely now if the new Zelda might be interesting since we haven't see anything on it yet officially... I just can't hope on name alone

Zelda is always a must buy for me, I'm a huge fan. ;)
I have a feeling it will be more open world this time, I think they are going to use the advantage of extra power from the Wii U, so hopefully they will focus more on exploration and that feeling of freedom.

Shin Megami Tensei is also a must buy for me, I'm a big fan of SMT: Nocturne and Persona games.

I get what your saying thou, but I'm just going by gut feeling. (I'm usually right, but I shouldn't show off ;))

Zelda is always a must buy for me, I'm a huge fan. ;)
I have a feeling it will be more open world this time, I think they are going to use the advantage of extra power from the Wii U, so hopefully they will focus more on exploration and that feeling of freedom.

Shin Megami Tensei is also a must buy for me, I'm a big fan of SMT: Nocturne and Persona games.

I get what your saying thou, but I'm just going by gut feeling. (I'm usually right, but I shouldn't show off ;))

I see... I hope you enjoy those titles then ;) .... I also hope that this Zelda will become a very fun and innovative one... as for Monolith Soft's X... I just can't wait for more info hope we see more at gamescom

zroid

Banned

X
Bayonetta 2
Sonic Lost World
Mario 3D World
Wonderful 101
Super Smash Bros Wii U

Money well spent IMO.

Why must you befoul that excellent list with a Sonic game
:mad:

also, where's Pikmin, ya dope

Sean*O

Holy crap where did this game come from? Getting a heavy Xenosaga vibe (even though I've only seen videos of that game never played it) and that red "X" really had me excited because it's like the old Xenogears logo. EDIT: I just looked up Monolithand it all makes sense now. Man.. I'll be considering a WiiU just for this game.

Riki

Holy crap where did this game come from? Getting a heavy Xenosaga vibe (even though I've only seen videos of that game never played it) and that red "X" really had me excited because it's like the old Xenogears logo. EDIT: I just looked up Monolithand it all makes sense now. Man.. I'll be considering a WiiU just for this game.

I'd recommend it. I put over a hundred hours into Xenoblade. And this looks so much better.

Persona86

Banned
I see... I hope you enjoy those titles then ;) .... I also hope that this Zelda will become a very fun and innovative one... as for Monolith Soft's X... I just can't wait for more info hope we see more at gamescom

Yep can't wait to get more info on both these games. Zelda really needs an evolution for the next one.
Why must you befoul that excellent list with a Sonic game
:mad:

also, where's Pikmin, ya dope

Haha well this Sonic actually looks pretty good IMO, let's hope for the best.
I actually did hesitate to add it to the list haha

And Pikimin 3? My mind was focused on future games I forgot to add it to the list. ;)

-Horizon-

Every time this thread, every time!

But yeah I also watched the new gamexplain video. Not really that much new findings than what was found in these threads (especially when it was more active).

NewGame

Banned
So we still don't know if it's multiplayer/online yet?

Keen to get this and I want to know if I have to make others keen too.

nib95

Banned
Damn, first Wii U game I've seen that's really wow'd me graphically. Monolith Soft does what Nintendo's main studio's can't.

Soriku

So we still don't know if it's multiplayer/online yet?

Keen to get this and I want to know if I have to make others keen too.

Nothing's been officially confirmed but the first trailer should've made it clear that there'll be an online aspect.

Lumyst

Damn, first Wii U game I've seen that's really wow'd me graphically. Monolith Soft does what Nintendo's main studio's can't.

My guess is that by making Xenoblade, Monolithsoft got some good experience terraforming a huge open world and maybe made some proprietary tools to help them, but they might just be graphically talented since a long time ago; The Baten Kaitos game my brother got for the Gamecube long ago was made by Monolithsoft, and it has some stunning graphics too. I haven't played it but I watched my brother play it; he went ahead and finished the game the same time I played Xenoblade, after having postponed playing Baten Kaitos for so many years. I guess we kind of had a competition to see who could finish our game first lol (that 16-bit throwback level was unexpected).

Even if this "X" isn't a system seller, I hope that other Nintendo fans are like me and give into the hype, take the plunge and try out one of the "unexpected/atypical" Nintendo games and discover a liking for JRPGs.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

the reason is mostly because nintendo is known for really stylized games, their games usually dont require alot of textures or unnecessary assets like in say the last of us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom