• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolith Soft's Wii U game "X" coming 2014 [E3 Trailer]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokaman51

Neo Member
I was pausing and playing the trailer today thinking that there may be something interesting in the sky that people haven't noticed, so I was primarily counting the moons\planets (whatever they are)... I'm pretty sure there are just two moons in the sky. So we can see at 1:07 both the moons visible at once, it looks as though there is an atmosphere of clouds surrounding the left planet and the right planet might just be an empty moon - more evidence due to the last shot at 1:35 being very close up.

Now the next thing is that the moons are unique in every shot, being drastically different in distance from the home planet that the character is on, maybe the counter at 0:52 is something about the moon crash landing and killing everyone (like Majoras Mask), maybe they need the fuel to somehow turn the home planet into a spaceship and fly away (like in that Futurama episode...)

Also at 1:14, something rectangular that doesn't seem to be connected to the mountain and just floats there is visible for about 2 seconds, I wonder what that could be, it almost seems like it is moving forward.

Sure X is going to have RPG and Story elements, but this game could be something even more, it could be the largest world in a video game (somewhat evidence from what Iwata said after the trailer)... Who knows...

D-e-f-

Banned
I was pausing and playing the trailer today thinking that there may be something interesting in the sky that people haven't noticed, so I was primarily counting the moons\planets (whatever they are)... I'm pretty sure there are just two moons in the sky. So we can see at 1:07 both the moons visible at once, it looks as though there is an atmosphere of clouds surrounding the left planet and the right planet might just be an empty moon - more evidence due to the last shot at 1:35 being very close up.

Now the next thing is that the moons are unique in every shot, being drastically different in distance from the home planet that the character is on, maybe the counter at 0:52 is something about the moon crash landing and killing everyone (like Majoras Mask), maybe they need the fuel to somehow turn the home planet into a spaceship and fly away (like in that Futurama episode...)

Also at 1:14, something rectangular that doesn't seem to be connected to the mountain and just floats there is visible for about 2 seconds, I wonder what that could be, it almost seems like it is moving forward.

Sure X is going to have RPG and Story elements, but this game could be something even more, it could be the largest world in a video game (somewhat evidence from what Iwata said after the trailer)... Who knows...

Stop making me dream up even more crazy stuff than I already have :D

At this rate, no game could ever live up to my hype ahah

onilink88

That could be misleading, and the humanoid mech might stand on higher ground. It doesn't seem to move with the crab mech either way, which makes it rather unlikely the two are connected. And no matter what, if you look at the scene in motion, the humanoid mech seems to several hundred meters further in the distance. Which also means it should be several hundred meters tall, or the size of a large skyscraper - but that's an entirely different issue.

I dunno, man. I really think it's one single mech. Anyway, we'll see eventually. :p

What I did notice, though, is that particular scene is occurring at the place where the flying shrimp and fish are. You can see those conduit things just underneath mech's legs.

mwi.png

You can also see the falling ember effect that is characteristic of that area's unique weather.

I'm also curious as to what that large machine on the right is.

fantomena

I never played Xenoblade, or any game like this I think, but Im still so damn hyped. X and Wind Waker HD is the two main reasons I bought a Wii U.

Rvaisse

I re watched the trailer yesterday.. Damn i cant believe i'll actually play this game one day.
There's a kind of retro vibe in this game, feels like a 90's rpg made on a next gen system !

sublimit

Banned
Imagine how different this industry would have been if in some alternative reality games like X could sell CoD numbers.

I re watched the trailer yesterday.. Damn i cant believe i'll actually play this game one day.
There's a kind of retro vibe in this game, feels like a 90's rpg made on a next gen system !

I've said quite a few times before that Xenoblade feels like an old early-mid 90's anime. I can't quite put my finger on why that is, but it reminds me of the stuff I'd watch in my early teens, and that is an excellent thing.

Going by trailers, I get that same vibe from X.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I need more Nintendo. More. Something. Give me X or give me death.

I want to say I don't really expect any new info until next year since Nintendo would probably rather push their holiday titles.

But at the same time, they announced X before they even announced their 2013 lineup. So who knows. One thing is for sure though, somebody at Nintendo seems to think very highly of this game.

cacildo

You know why i want this game so much?

Its because it looks like a nintendo-take on the 360/Ps3 games.

And yeah, this is something i really really want to see.

Everytime i played a PS3 game i said "looks great, controls work like they should. Its just not fun"

I keep waiting for nintendo to come up and put the fun back in this (but there´s 50% chance that i can be disappointed in the end)

Pikma

Banned
Imagine how different this industry would have been if in some alternative reality games like X could sell CoD numbers.

I'm quite certain such a radically perfect dimension exists, I just need to figure out what atrocious wrong I did to deserve this dudebro dimension and then fix it, after that I'll be granted the opportunity to live there the rest of my immortal life.

sublimit

Banned
I'm quite certain such a radically perfect dimension exists, I just need to figure out what atrocious wrong I did to deserve this dudebro dimension and then fix it, after that I'll be granted the opportunity to live there the rest of my immortal life.

Lol i need to find this dimension too! :p

Gbraga

I've said quite a few times before that Xenoblade feels like an old early-mid 90's anime. I can't quite put my finger on why that is, but it reminds me of the stuff I'd watch in my early teens, and that is an excellent thing.

Going by trailers, I get that same vibe from X.

Yes, X feels like a damn good shounen anime, it's incredible.

And DAT SOUNDTRACK, it's hard not to get hyped for this game every new Shingeki no Kyojin episode

Pikma

Banned
I think we need to go find a girl who is missing half a pinkie to solve this problem.

I feel pretty much the same way. Preferably a confirmation of localization release, lol.

Then you need to buy it yesterday, or like three months ago, because it's already confirmed. :D

Lol i need to find this dimension too! :p

Have you killed someone? Not that I'm looking for a common sin for both of us, just... you know, trying to cover every possibility

ugoo18

Someone uploaded the teaser trailer, think it was in the older thread but IIRC it was a 1080p version but it was from the eShop.

Yeah i remember that, it was Tilmen before he was banned.

I meant for this teaser (Monolithsoft consider this and the previous trailer as only teasers, what they consider a trailer is still to come).

I expect Nintendo to put out a big E3 like ND around the time PS4 and XBO launch to try and take some of the attention away from them.

Not indepth stuff but more / new footage of X, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, MK8 and maybe the new Zelda.

Pikma

Banned
I expect Nintendo to put out a big E3 like ND around the time PS4 and XBO launch to try and take some of the attention away from them.

Not indepth stuff but more / new footage of X, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, MK8 and maybe the new Zelda.

I'm really dying to see all their 2013 titles out, just to know what else they have in store for next year.

Sendou

Definitely getting a localization, no doubt about that.

But when is the big deal here. Localization was already confirmed. Pokemon is getting world wide release in few months and who says they couldn't pull similiar stunt with X? I doubt Nintendo has the luxury to sit on unlocalized games like they did on DS and Wii.

Riki

Regarding localization, this is also promising.

After the buzz around Xenoblade, and the fact that they can really use X to sell the system, it's not surprising.
If the game has really integrated social features (Online play, heavy MiiVerse use, maybe even custom quests?) then they can sell this to a huge audience that loves games like the Elder Scrolls and Fall Out. There will be a lot to do and see and explore in this game.
Really, it's my most anticipated game by a large margin. Xenoblade was such a master piece of design and function. A living (and beautiful) world that you wanted to explore, even if you had to walk every inch.
And from what we've seen so far, X beats it in all of that, without even breaking a sweat.

Persona86

Banned
But when is the big deal here. Localization was already confirmed. Pokemon is getting world wide release in few months and who says they couldn't pull similiar stunt with X? I doubt Nintendo has the luxury to sit on unlocalized games like they did on DS and Wii.

I'm hoping Nintendo won't delay especially considering the Wii U's condition, the faster we get this game the better for us and them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom