• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 - Logo, Releasing Spring 2013, Screenshots, [Up: Trailer]

Peru

I've never felt more strongly about a videogame business decision before. Seriously thinking of what could be done by the fans to get Capcom to localize TriG if they don't.. Didn't a petition work for Xenoblade?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
There is almost no reason TriG shouldn't come here even with a minimal marketing budget. Monster Hunter TriG is already available for digital download on the Japanese 3DS Eshop. (I have a Japanese 3DS) Tri has already be localized, and it shouldn't cost a lot to localize Tri G. 1, maybe 2 translators, work on it for a couple of weeks or a month. Then maybe another month or so to QA it. Like it might not appear to be profitable, but to maintain brand loyalty and consistency amongst the fans, it's probably worth it.

Although they're probably worried how well Dragon's Dogma is doing.

Wait what...are you sure about that ?

Zenaku

There is almost no reason TriG shouldn't come here even with a minimal marketing budget. Monster Hunter TriG is already available for digital download on the Japanese 3DS Eshop. (I have a Japanese 3DS) Tri has already be localized, and it shouldn't cost a lot to localize Tri G. 1, maybe 2 translators, work on it for a couple of weeks or a month. Then maybe another month or so to QA it. Like it might not appear to be profitable, but to maintain brand loyalty and consistency amongst the fans, it's probably worth it.

What? I just checked, and it's not.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Probably, since NSMB 2 will be the first retail 3DS title to be also sold on the eShop.

Hiltz

I've never felt more strongly about a videogame business decision before. Seriously thinking of what could be done by the fans to get Capcom to localize TriG if they don't.. Didn't a petition work for Xenoblade?

It worked for Xenoblade but had no effect on bringing Last Story over.

Capcom really dropped the ball with this franchise.

I think Capcom Japan are just too stubborn to add wi-fi play to the handheld versions.. which sorta kills the point of releasing it outside of Japan and hoping for broad appeal.

I still wish the delay of Tri-G in the west is because Nintendo took them under their wing and are helping them to include net play.

Doombear

It worked for Xenoblade but had no effect on bringing Last Story over.

I am sorry, I can't find the interview. I swear I recently (as recent as last month) read an interview about the localization of Xenoblade and it was stated that really the petition had very little actual effect on it happening. In the end, Nintendo just hadn't been asked by anyone else and they were open to the idea when it was brought to them by the team that ended up getting the ok to do it. It is going to drive me crazy not being able to find that interview now for a quote though...

Or am I remembering it wrong and lumping the the lack of effect on Xenoblade and The Last Story together.

Kyon

Banned
Also: it could be a pretty big seller here.

no. it wouldn't. It's the reason I am not slightly surprised Capcom didn't localize it. It will flop all there is to it.

HMMM... Well with online play actually I see it doing like 100k-200k but without it it will sell most likely in line with the pap titles. Just my 2 cents

Emitan

"Hey! You know that Monster Hunter game you already have? This game is like that but with no online!"

It's not exactly a very tempting to offer.

Kyon

Banned
"Hey! You know that Monster Hunter game you already have? This game is like that but with no online!"

this is also a problem. If they had online it would get a huge chunk of that Tri fanbase that was built here and migrate to the 3DS. With no online it probably won't tempt them.

Why is Capcom so incompetent SMH

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So far, I have pretty good feelings this will come here. The gameplay being more action is a good sign towards Western localization, actually.

If it has online, then...we can already celebrate.

Mondriaan

this is also a problem. If they had online it would get a huge chunk of that Tri fanbase that was built here and migrate to the 3DS. With no online it probably won't tempt them.

Why is Capcom so incompetent SMH
I'm not completely sure that it's incompetence. They make money on all the online versions of the game in Japan except the psp (and psp emulated) games on ad hoc party and xlink kai, both of which are fundamentally hacks. I suppose Frontiers has gone to a free to play model, but to get out of the low level cap, you still have to pay a subscription.

It's probably more a matter of their figuring out how to monetize online on a portable version.

Kyon

Banned
^^^ As someone who has done pretty much everything on Frontier 1-4, and reached HR999 I can see why they would want to I'm still paying a sub tho lol. And Adhoc and xlink are only tunneling not hacks btw.

So far, I have pretty good feelings this will come here. The gameplay being more action is a good sign towards Western localization, actually.

If it has online, then...we can already celebrate.

That doesn't mean anything

Kuren

Kuren said:

What? I just checked, and it's not.

I'm just remembering wrong then. My bad.
Still, with this new initiative to make all games downloadable when the LL is released, it's not unrealistic or far off to possibly release Tri G on the US Eshop.

no. it wouldn't. It's the reason I am not slightly surprised Capcom didn't localize it. It will flop all there is to it.

HMMM... Well with online play actually I see it doing like 100k-200k but without it it will sell most likely in line with the pap titles. Just my 2 cents

MH3 sold more than 800k, I can totally see being MH3G the next big third party titles for 3DS, in particular if Nintendo distributes.

Considering how much Tri sold in the west (over 400k just in the USA), I think it'd be worth Capcom's while to add online play for it. Plus they could rerelease it Japan too.

john tv

Loving the old west look and feel of MH4. The new armor sets in Famitsu are HOT, and the art for the new NPCs and the new monster is so good. GET EXCITE

I loved the water sections in Tri.

This would be disappointing if I actually had any interest in this watered down 3DS game.

Conor 419

Banned
?
We were talking about a possible localizaton. In the West, Monster Hunter 3G could be a pretty big title in 3DS ecosystem if marketed well.

Is it me, or could they really hit this game off with kids/teens? Have a trailer showing a group of kids all working together to take down some big ass monster and then mention trading, exploration, crafting etc. If done correctly it'd be amazing.

Hire me Capcpom Europe.

ugoo18

Is it me, or could they really hit this game off with kids/teens? Have a trailer showing a group of kids all working together to take down some big ass monster and then mention trading, exploration, crafting etc. If done correctly it'd be amazing.

Hire me Capcpom Europe.

For some reason the Skyrim trailer comes to mind.

Top Bottom