• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

Zornica

Banned
oh I missed the new page.. sorry.
how about tomorrow? maybe a few more people will join than?

edit: ohh... tomorrow is ace attorney day... that could be a problem

Zornica

Banned
Maybe, but it's always harder to have some free time on weekends than during the week...

also AA5 still looming over my head :7
If a few other would join, I'd definitely try to reserve some time.

whats the deal with the forest monsters?

killed 3 yian kut kut i think(hairless quropeco) and i got armor pieces, not the materials
wth?!

what exatly are the mechanics there?

Anura

Woah! When did we get moved to community?
whats the deal with the forest monsters?

killed 3 yian kut kut i think(hairless quropeco) and i got armor pieces, not the materials
wth?!

what exatly are the mechanics there?

Think like the deserted island hunting in 3U. Now in addition to that you also have chance for a quest/monster to be revealed at the end. This quest can then be added to the guild hall quest lists (under the yellow menu). In order to do this go into your normal village pause menu and go to the second page. The choice you want is the one in the middle (fourth one down in other words) and after that go for the first option of the two. This should bring you to new page with two tabs red is the ones already registered for the guild hall and yellow is the ones that are unregistered. Check the ones you want with X and press start to add them to the registered list. The other buttons are A for checking details and Y for deleting the selected.

The monsters in these quests don't reflect the hunts you did in the forest to get them and are random monsters. Any monster you have fought except jhen and the big snake are eligible (even fatalis it seems).

so, is it just to hunt the weird armor pieces which cannot be upgraded?

also, i'd like to know exactly how does.the kat kuest works, i know about the icon sizes, but don't get the color things. Is it rock paper scissors?

Anura

so, is it just to hunt the weird armor pieces which cannot be upgraded?

also, i'd like to know exactly how does.the kat kuest works, i know about the icon sizes, but don't get the color things. Is it rock paper scissors?
Sorry I forgot to mention you can get the monster parts from rewards by doing the registered guild quest

Not sure what you mean about the second part though

well, to craft the cat armor, you send the kardboard kats to fight against the kardboard enemies, and sometimes this icons pop up, but they have boomerangs, bombs and a fan ... i think

Anura

well, to craft the cat armor, you send the kardboard kats to fight against the kardboard enemies, and sometimes this icons pop up, but they have boomerangs, bombs and a fan ... i think
Oh I get what you are talking about. Sorry though I don't do much of the cat stuff so I don't know the answer

Garou

The monsters in these quests don't reflect the hunts you did in the forest to get them and are random monsters. Any monster you have fought except jhen and the big snake are eligible (even fatalis it seems).

Not every monster, Capcom gave the list out the other day, it is actually rather limited.

Look at the upper right of the Cat-Quest menu to see which color beats which.

butman

Tony Chopper from One Piece series joins MH 4 has a felyne.

monster-hunter-4-nintendo-3ds_204022_post.jpg

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Oh really? mind linking?

Capcom put out some official information about hacked guild quests and what to avoid

http://www.capcom.co.jp/support/faq/information_info2013_061752.html

Key points are to avoid quests with monsters that start in the base camp (obviously), as well as maps with more than 1 treasure room.

This is also a list of all 18 possible guild quests (monsters) and the initial level they start at. When you receive a guild quest from another player it temporarily gets reset to its initial level, so if it's not within these bounds it's a hacked quest.

53ea7f12.jpg

They recommend deleting them right away and if you end up going on a hacked guild quest, to exit the game without saving.
The ones in the table are the all 18 possible

If you see one with jhen/fatalis they're actually hacked

Zornica

Banned
I see thank you for this. Anyways does anyone want to play soon? We haven't had a hunting party in a while it seems.

I'm pretty busy this week but I'd love to play again soon. It's been way to long already.
maybe I can make it this weekend.

Anura

I'm pretty busy this week but I'd love to play again soon. It's been way to long already.
maybe I can make it this weekend.
Sure I can plan for this weekend. Do you think we should send Festwill or somebody else a PM? I haven't seen him post here in a while and it would be nice to have at least 3

Fistwell

Sure I can plan for this weekend. Do you think we should send Festwill or somebody else a PM? I haven't seen him post here in a while and it would be nice to have at least 3
Hey I'll be around. I'm actually available this week as well, took some days off of work.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Fest you dont have the thread subscribed? Since thats how Im keeping track of it and such. With the tiny community we got here had thought thats how everyone keeps an eye on it?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Might be better to set up a Skype group or something? That's what I have going on with some of my Japanese friends

chadi

It's been a while since my last hunt with you guys. Hopefully, will have more time for MH once I'm done with Ace Attorney. I'm on Episode 5 already and I think I'd be able to finish it over the weekend...

Hope to farm Savage Jho with GAF soon. :p

is goa magara village the las quest?

anyways, i'm stuck on magara hr3 exam, he's a sonna big spider :(

from GS to DS to GL to L and now SNS, haven't fended hom off yet :(

just captured goa magara for the hr3, sword and shielded the hell out of him with the arachno armor + sword. Bomb sleeping wooo!

i have another question: are tails harder to cut this version?

goa magara is.the first.monster i was able to cut it's tail :/ but rathian or whatever appear to have weird super strong tails

*for comparison, in mh3u, i am the assigned tail cutter

Deeku

New hunter here! Bought this last week along with pokemon cos I thought it looked really cool. Now I've dabbled in some Monhun before, but I've always kinda dismissed it as a "eh not my thing" type of game. But for some reason I'm totally hooked on MH4! I probably played like 10+ hours over the weekend:/ I just got to the second village and farmed the frog armour, which was kinda underwhelming cos I thought the kecha whatever armour was pretty rad lookin! Main weapons atm are hammer, long sword and dual swords. Wana give the others a try too, doubt I will touch the ranged weapons though. WIsh I could try online, but I'm on like hotel style internet so I can download dlc and get to game lobbies etc, but always errors out when joining other players:(

So yeah, game is super fun. Also I want in on the 7/11 stuff but I'm not in japan;__;

Anura

New hunter here! Bought this last week along with pokemon cos I thought it looked really cool. Now I've dabbled in some Monhun before, but I've always kinda dismissed it as a "eh not my thing" type of game. But for some reason I'm totally hooked on MH4! I probably played like 10+ hours over the weekend:/ I just got to the second village and farmed the frog armour, which was kinda underwhelming cos I thought the kecha whatever armour was pretty rad lookin! Main weapons atm are hammer, long sword and dual swords. Wana give the others a try too, doubt I will touch the ranged weapons though. WIsh I could try online, but I'm on like hotel style internet so I can download dlc and get to game lobbies etc, but always errors out when joining other players:(

So yeah, game is super fun. Also I want in on the 7/11 stuff but I'm not in japan;__;
Welcome aboard! Honestly your attraction to MH4 might be because it both starts faster and plays faster. Not by a lot but enough, I think.

chadi

MH X OP DLC quest is already up. And it's not a 7-11 timed exclusive quest. :D

It's just a low rank quest btw (capture mini Kut Ku). Need a total of 6 tickets including weapon.

UCza70L.jpg

Gamble

there are many people here who can't read it either and it doesn't seem to be a problem

I can't read shit. Well... Hiragana are no problem for me.
Katakana? Nope.
Kanji? Fuck no!

Lol so I've noticed, I've owned only 2 imported games dbz legends which was pretty straight forward and pokemon yellow version many years ago and pokemon drove me crazy because I couldn't understand anything that was going on with the story I just wandered aimlessly until something happened

la_briola

Lol so I've noticed, I've owned only 2 imported games dbz legends which was pretty straight forward and pokemon yellow version many years ago and pokemon drove me crazy because I couldn't understand anything that was going on with the story I just wandered aimlessly until something happened

MH4 has a story, but you can follow it through the cut-scenes. If you played MH3U, you shouldn't have many problems.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
MH X OP DLC quest is already up. And it's not a 7-11 timed exclusive quest. :D

It's just a low rank quest btw (capture mini Kut Ku). Need a total of 6 tickets including weapon.

UCza70L.jpg

Man thats just too awesome for words haha cool stuff!

Top Bottom