• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

dan2026

Has there been any word about when this is coming out in the west?

For supposedly one of their biggest franchises Capcom don't seem to care much about bringing it over.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Be5IwqZCEAEZ-ff.png

MH4G announced, 2014 Autumn.

Shurayuki

MH4G announced, 2014 Autumn.

Wallet Am Cry.

Whoa, MH4 didn't even have a Best release yet right, I kinda feared that would be this autumn and 4G 2015 (also it comes faster than a western version maybe?).

Hooray! Praise the Capgod.

Teaser (is that even a teaser, well the announcement video)
And the website.

So savedata will import from 4 hmmm. Starting over is usually more fun, I kinda only used the bugstaff to play through 4, might use the other weapons hehe.

For this year's 10 year anniversary Capcom also opened a site and uploaded a video with all the MH openings and promos, if you have an hour or so and wonder how to spend it ;D

putermcgee

So were G releases in the past really that identical to their original?

I guess this is good since it'll probably be the second game I buy for my 3DS.

Highwind

With 3G we got a new online hub, some new monster (some from Portable 3rd and some that were brand new) as well as the G Rank, new armour and new weapons.

Anura

They add quite a bit, especially so with the transition from Tri to 3U for western fans.

G rank is actually one of the biggest draws surprisingly sometimes just as much as the test of the additions

Zornica

Banned
the differences between tri and 3g were pretty substantial.

with all the content already available in 4, I can't imagine what else they could add to 4G (besides the G armours and weapons)...
*drool*

DaBoss

I should ask here instead. How is the text compared to MH3U on the 3DS? It was really annoying that the text was a blurry mess in MH3U.

EDIT: lol just as I made this post Zornica answered in the announcement thread. And I realized that the English font may be different than the Japanese font in MH4.

Anura

I should ask here instead. How is the text compared to MH3U on the 3DS? It was really annoying that the text was a blurry mess in MH3U.

EDIT: lol just as I made this post Zornica answered in the announcement thread. And I realized that the English font may be different than the Japanese font in MH4.

I could compare the MH3G and MH4 fonts and tell you if one is clearer or if they're the same. Might not be able to give too good an opinion because I can't read Japanese but I can try to compare

chadi

On that note, I didn't find anything wrong with the English characters used on 3G. They looked simpler and looked better on the 3DS' screen compared to the blurry ones they ended up using on 3U. Although not that much of a big deal, hope they choose a better font this time for the US release.

...And of course, yep, HYPED. Lol.

I hope there's gonna be lots of new content like in the past G releases despite the shorter gap between releases (or is the gap just similar to the previous ones?). Guess it's time to hunt for new subspecies. XD

Anura

That would be great, thanks.
Going by the start/pause menus the text looks like its a little bigger. Can't go much in depth for the rest of it though but I think it was at least improved a bit if the aforementioned menus are anything to go by

DaBoss

Going by the start/pause menus the text looks like its a little bigger. Can't go much in depth for the rest of it though but I think it was at least improved a bit if the aforementioned menus are anything to go by

Bigger text would greatly help overcome the blurriness, so that is good news. Hope it is like that with the English version.

Thanks again.

Anura

No problem!^^

Anyways here is my question to all the importers: how about we all hunt together tonight to celebrate the MH4G announcement and it's localization?

Hedge

It's crazy, but the thing I'm most excited about is if there will be additional hunting bugs for the insect staff in 4G, and how the new armours will look. Also: new felyne armours (maybe)!

Ken

Trying to craft out my negative hunger skill I realized I hadn't made a well-done steak of my own 16 hours in.

Ken

Could anyone help me translate the very first screen on the felyne board? Not sure what the options are...think hire and put on the bench? Is there a place where I can do felyne skills stuff?

Also any tips on where to farm for trap and tranq bomb ingredients? I'm up to 4* quests atm and figured I should put the LR Neru armor to good use.

Top Bottom