• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I was kinda scared they would sell this as an entirely new game with the "Ultimate" title, but I'm perfectly fine with paying for DLC. Looking forward to it. I wonder if this is coming to other platforms too.

KAL2006

Banned
When is the rumoured PC release. I'd like to play this game on Steam Deck which is estimated to come at Q2 2022 for me.

YukiOnna

When is the rumoured PC release. I'd like to play this game on Steam Deck which is estimated to come at Q2 2022 for me.
Back in February: In a February interview, Capcom said that Monster Hunter Rise is coming to PC in early 2022

Skifi28

Gold Member
I personally the opposite, I actually liked Rise more than World both in combat and its art direction.
The art direction and combat are subjective. I personally prefer the in-your-face gameplay of the clutch claw over the wirebug, but I do get those that like it. The issues I speak of are on a more fudnamendal level such as:

The game released half-finished and at a sorry state. They did finish it eventually, but there basically has been no substantial update other than silly colabs and stickes. Doesn't appear like it's going to change until the expansion either as it seems they're shifting their focus there. Everything in the game was a downgrade compared to even base World. Village quests are just low rank, investigations and tempered monsters are gone, apex monsters are practically useless as there's no armor/weapons to get from them. There's just one armor per monster instead of A+B, a huge number of weapons are stuck on rank 6 or even 5 making them absolutely useless in the end-game despite their cool looks to the point I don't know why they even bothered including them. There's a ton of crap-tier mosters to fight, but once you get past mid tier there's practically nothing, just why did they balance it this way? It might also be on the subjective side, but I find the copy-paste 3 endbosses just lazy, especially Ibushi that is a siege.

Just from the top of my head, I'm sure there's a lot more. Is it a bad game? No, I really like it, but you can tell it was made by the B-team and needed more time in the oven. I hope they really do redeem themselves in the expansion.

Edit: Sorry for the long post, could have organised it a little better but I just had to vent.

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
New Elder looks cool, but I'm done buying stuff for Rise until PC version. It's just so hard to go back to that level of performance on the Switch. I like the gameplay a lot in Rise, and I look forward to putting more time in it proper on PC.

I got about 100 hours on Switch, that's more than worth the price of the game and the year of Nintendo """"online"""", but I'm good to wait now. I think PC version leaks were saying Feb/March of 2022 anyways, so it'll probably be around when this releases. I purposely didn't play SnS and HH so I could main them on PC and have the game still feel fresh.

YukiOnna

MH Rise Vanilla PC Version is confirmed for January 12th, so about 5-6 Months before Sunbreak (Summer 2022).

Included with PC Version:
- All Major Switch Post-Launch Content up to end of Nov 2021 is included
- 4K Res/Ultrawide (21:9) options
- Uncapped Framerate & Hi-Res Textures
- $59.99 MSRP
- PC Demo on Oct 13

New Details on Sunbreak:
- Simultaneous release on PC & Switch Summer 2022
- New Storyline, Base Operations, New Locales, New Gameplay Features
- Quest Rank Master and more
- All progress transfers over from base game when on same system
- The new Monster in the PV is MALZENO
- Shogun Ceanataur is also returning from MH2

MH Rise is also getting a Ghost n' Goblins & Sonic collab

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
New Details on Sunbreak:
So hyped for Sunbreak!

Pejo

Gold Member
MH Rise Vanilla PC Version is confirmed for January 12th, so about 5-6 Months before Sunbreak (Summer 2022).

Included with PC Version:
- All Major Switch Post-Launch Content up to end of Nov 2021 is included
- 4K Res/Ultrawide (21:9) options
- Uncapped Framerate & Hi-Res Textures
- $59.99 MSRP
- PC Demo on Oct 13

New Details on Sunbreak:

MH Rise is also getting a Ghost n' Goblins & Sonic collab

Simultaneous Sunbreak release on both platforms is god-tier. Well done Capcom.

Guilty_AI

How does MH Rise compares to World? I wanted to get into the series but i feel World was a bad one to start with.

Pejo

Gold Member
How does MH Rise compares to World? I wanted to get into the series but i feel World was a bad one to start with.
It's like a mix of older MH style with World, with the most maneuverability out of any game in the series. The scoutfly stuff, clutch claw, mantles etc are all gone. There's going to be a demo in a few weeks, try it out.

Danjin44

Plenty of youtube channels with insects eating each other. Take your depravity there, thanks.

Everyone have different taste, for me personally I like it more than World both its art direction and combat.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I think Rise is an easier point to jump in. As Pejo mentioned, there's a pretty expansive Demo out on Oct 13 so you should give it a shot.
The PC demo provides players with numerous hunting options, including offline solo and online multiplayer (up to four players) using all 14 weapon types. For new hunters, the PC demo will provide a “Training” option and a “Wyvern Riding” tutorial, each offering useful tips and instructions. When hunters are ready, three different hunting quests and monsters are available to experience, each providing distinct levels of challenge from Beginner (Great Izuchi) to Intermediate (Mizutsune) and Advanced (Magnamalo).

Pejo

Gold Member
Do you guys think we might get Sunbreak Demo fighting Malzeno?
Even if we do, I usually skip. I like to experience it fresh in the game. For the original Rise demo on Switch, I skipped fighting Magna and stuck to the other two so I could get a proper feel for him in the real game. Plus you know they always undertune the player and overtune the monster for the hardest hunt in a demo to give people something to work at. It's almost always different (usually easier) in the real game.

Pejo

Gold Member
Survey about the spotlight. Good time to ask for cross platform saves if that sorta thing interests you.

Last edited:
If there’s a demo for the switch ver just know I will grind it down into its component parts. I think I hunted demo Magno like 50 times lol

Last edited:

Danjin44

Its time for Lagiacrus make a return.
QUya1zq.png

Top Bottom