• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: Wilds Announced | The Game Awards 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
Ps1sqKC.png

Monster Hunter Wilds: Announcement Trailer (Coming in 2025) | The Game Awards 2023​

Last edited:
Where can I go ahead and preorder. Day one and I don’t care. Monster hunter always fun and have enough content to always satisfy me

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I guessed it just from the sword's look, the rest was intentionally not familiar looking at all. Glad to see we have something like the palamutes (maybe we can ride various things a la MH Stories?). 2025 is too damn far. I hope the wirebugs or something equivalent is in. Go get Sunbreak til then folks.

Last edited:

Comandr

147.gif

I don't care that it's 2025. I'm just so glad it was finally announced. AND ITS NEXT GEN ONLY YES.

Couple things I noticed from the trailer. Game is overwhelmingly likely going to be open world. Presumably using REX engine. Noticed how colorful everything is. Doesn't suffer from the washed out appearance of MHW. Hunter's weapon looked really detailed. Mount has several traversal modes for getting around in said open world. Very end of the trailer implies that your actions might have an effect on the environment, or that it will change in time, perhaps like seasons. Title motif seems to feature leviathans. Bring back the Dalamadur sized monsters. Fuck me upppppppppp.

4K render from the website gives a pretty good look at some things:
bg.18d6c919.jpg

Did some more scanning of the trailer thanks to Danjin44 Danjin44 's comments about Goss Harag. In the scene where the hunter is running from them you can clearly see what appears to be a slinger on his left arm. Combined with the endemic life birds we see riding the animals in the beginning of the trailer and the little compy guys running around - it is extremely likely the slinger - and by extension, the capture net, will be returning.

Further analysis: This region appears to suffer from frequent lightning storms. (presumably) man made lightning rods have been erected all over the place and even the monsters in the area have seemingly evolved measures to protect against the lightning. We see in one scene where the spikey monster is struck by lightning and his horns light up blue. The other same-species monsters also crowd around the spikey ones in all scenes, aware of the protection granted by the natural lightning rod monster.

Capcom is extremely detail oriented, and that's what gives me confidence in this product.

Last edited:

Alexios

They're probably going for a seamless open world so individual assets don't look quite next gen, but it will do a ton of shit like the weather, massive herds, free interactions instead of rigid monster clashes, ecosystem simulation & more. It's not the direction I wanted the series to take even though folks clamor for that decades now as despite its simulation aspects it's also always been humourous and instant action friendly and arcade like in a weird Japanese amalgam of different clashing aspects that just worked, but I'm sure they know what they're doing so fingers crossed it's amazing.

Last edited:

Dr_Salt

There is something that looks off about the art direction and graphics to me but I guess it is still in development. Hope it is as good as MHW.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Rurikahn, a Monster Hunter youtuber, seems to think this might be a single-player spin off and not a main-line game (MH6). Lord i sure hope not.
Why? Because it not called Monster Hunter 6? Monster Hunter World was mainline MH but they dint use numbers and same with Rise.

The 6 is in the logo.
Holly fuck, nice catch....why didn't I notice it?

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

Graphics look like a work in progress, but the interation between the creatures and the sandstorm look good.

Open world MonHun? Yes please.

Rise is better than world and this will be launching on Switch 2 as well as the twins! Suck it!

2025 means Switch 2 for sure unless PS has exclusively.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This game reinforcing my decision to have a new PC build end of next year. Capgods have my love.

Alexios

2025 means Switch 2 for sure unless PS has exclusively.
It's announced for Xbox too. But that depends on Switch 2 specs.

If it's powerful enough for such a massive game (again if they're going for that seamless dynamic ecosystem open world stuff) then sure, if not then it may get a more "traditional" Rise 2 style thing that also goes multiplatform later and they stagger platform releases for maximum sales of both.

Will probably take a couple years for Switch 2 to actually have a worthwhile install base after all, even if it's selling out from launch.

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

It's announced for Xbox too. But that depends on Switch 2 specs.

If it's powerful enough for such a massive game (again if they're going for that seamless dynamic ecosystem open world stuff) then sure...

Will probably take a few years for Switch 2 to actually have a worthwhile install base after all.
I don't think power is going to be a problem for the Switch 2 in terms of getting a game like this running. As for the install base... Switch 2 is going to sell like hotcakes, and Capcom will want to be there day 1.

jcorb

I’d tried a few Monster Hunter games over the years, but never really got into any of them until World. I’m really hoping to get my friends into Wilds whenever it comes out, because I feel like I finally “get” the appeal of the series.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
We might not get full game till 2025 but is there a good chance we demo for 2024?

147.gif

I don't care that it's 2025. I'm just so glad it was finally announced. AND ITS NEXT GEN ONLY YES.

Couple things I noticed from the trailer. Game is overwhelmingly likely going to be open world. Presumably using REX engine. Noticed how colorful everything is. Doesn't suffer from the washed out appearance of MHW. Hunter's weapon looked really detailed. Mount has several traversal modes for getting around in said open world. Very end of the trailer implies that your actions might have an effect on the environment, or that it will change in time, perhaps like seasons. Title motif seems to feature leviathans. Bring back the Dalamadur sized monsters. Fuck me upppppppppp.

bg.18d6c919.jpg

The Guiding Lands was a prototype for what they could do with an open world formula MH game. And I am 100% here for it, posting quests was fine but imagine the seamless MH multiplayer in a BotW type environment.

Also taking some ideas from Rise's rampage quests, seemingly a large inspiration for the game. Interesting to see the two teams taking aspects from each others' games and incorporating them to the sequels. Capcom has really been killing it for a while now, and shows no signs of stopping. Love to see their success.

Dr_Salt

147.gif

bg.18d6c919.jpg

If this is the REX engine it looks like shit. I am starting to think this is going to be on Switch 2.

Top Bottom