• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX coming to Switch

Not this one, but hopefully next game Capcom will finally HAVE to ditch the PS2 assets and get a HD game in place, made from the ground up. Capcom being Capcom, probably next Switch game will again have a 3DS version as well but eventually..................eventually we will get there.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
How come I play it on the bus to work then ?
tenor.gif

Insert Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana best of both workday gif

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I will buy a Nintendo Switch when this game comes out in the West and no sooner than that.

Just like MH3U on Wii U I expect a Western announcement in November and a release date in March 2018

selo

What's the difference between Generations and this by the way? ( I think i have around 180 hrs on generations, heh)

How much old content was in XX? Like can we use links gear dlc from 4U?
Love of old content love to see in "HD" / 600p or whatever capcom do

Garou

yea because 3DS screen is like 2 inches and the controls are really bad.

TV+controller is how MH (and all action games) were meant to be played.

Yes, Capcom needs to see the light and return to the glory days of MH1 and MH2 so they can sell up to 1.5 million copies in Japan.

YBdisk

MH3U was 60 on Wii U while it was 30 on 3DS and they could play together, so mechanics are not tied to framerate.

Fuck no it wasn't. The Wii U version of 3U was jittery and inconsistent and didn't even come close to 60fps. It also had insane input delay to the point of me forgoing my evasion armor builds.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FAfwCzkv2Hk&feature=youtu.be

And you could only play the 3ds version online if you used a Wii U.

KampferZeon

Neo Member
yea because 3DS screen is like 2 inches and the controls are really bad.

TV+controller is how MH (and all action games) were meant to be played.

mh went big on PSP.

problem is 3DS terrible low resolution screen.

mh could have been gorgeous on Vita.

well i guess some people who can't tolerate 3DS can now play on Switch.

Philippo

Sounds good, this will sell a ton.
I initially thought they'd release it closer to launch, but then i guess they sold out anyway.

I hope it at least gets 720/1080p@60 w/ Improved textures.

Also, lets pray this is the last MH before Capcom switches to an HD engine for MH5 Switch.

Btw, they definitely should also port that Monster Hunter JRPG, it would look so good.

MLH

Glad this is happening. Was starting to get worried after Capcom only mentioned one big unannounced title to investors and with their comments yesterday regarding Switch - I thought they didn't have anything in the pipeline.

I probably wouldn't have picked this up if it only came on 3DS, already played the shit out of Generations and wasn't happy about the slightly enhanced version announcement. Everyone said that X was 'complete' and had enough content as the G-rank games so I thought it would be the only version - wish capcom would stop pulling that shit. I guess that's why it's called "double cross" ha.

So XX is what MH4U was to MH4, but to Generations?

yes, if you've played generations you've already experienced this (up to a point). Obviously there are new quests, monster variations and a new flagship monster but at this point and going forward Capcom should makes these paid DLC expansions, not a whole new release.

Atheerios

Little Mons†er;238122492 said:
Because as it is a "home console you take with you", it offers many variants of play styles!

tenor.gif

Really? A console that you can take with you IS the definition of a handheld.

le.phat

Rather had 4 then generations, but then again monster Hunter as a whole is turning stale for me. Let's see what they can do with one that was built from the ground up with switch in mind.

PantsuJo

It will sell a lot but it is logical to think that they will do the same thing made with 3U for WiiU.

Same old ass engine, reworked textures and improved resolution. Zero costs.

And infinite profit.

selo

What do you guys think? Will Capcom overprice this as they did with Street Fighter? I hope not, but I think that will be the case :|

What do you guys think? Will Capcom overprice this as they did with Street Fighter? I hope not, but I think that will be the case :|
If it's just $40, then it'll be rather fair. Any higher, then, yeah, it'll be overpriced but fingers crossed on that not happening

Speely

Banned
They are already trying to double their original production estimates for the first year, they are gonna be pushing prod. to the limit.
I just hope it's enough-ish.

Price is less a concern for me than quality. Will they make the assets look decent on the hardware, both undocked and docked? If they do that, price won't be an issue imo.

Mandelbo

oh YES
I've been waiting for the inevitable MonHun Switch announcement but I wasn't expecting it to come out of nowhere like this. Hopefully we see more of it at E3 - I imagine this is the version that'd get localised now, if anything.

Top Bottom