• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX coming to Switch

Curious to see how this sells. MHXX hasn't performed all that well on the 3DS but I think in part that was because everyone is ready for MH to more into next gen. Depending on how good of a port this is I could see it selling really well.

Now the wait begins for MH5.

YBdisk

Thanks, doesn't sound too enticing for me :(

G-rank introduces alot of things.

G-rank quests, regular/arena (tougher, new drops)
G-rank monsters (tougher, new attacks).
G-rank weapons (most weapons can upgrade further)
G-rank armour (different designs, more skills)

If you like spending insane hours farming and crafting new gear, building custom armour sets to show off and just enjoying playing online with people then you will like this game. It's sorta like Destiny in that sense.

Buying XX just for solo play seems tedious and not worth it especially if you already played X.

Personally, MH is my go-to online game, and I purposefully skipped Generations knowing a G-rank version would happen. It coming to Switch is great news for me (much more comfortable than 3ds). I'm just hoping it's a good port with maybe enhanced vusuals, better online features with keyboard support and most importantly, no input delay!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
What do you guys think? Will Capcom overprice this as they did with Street Fighter? I hope not, but I think that will be the case :|

I'm trying to figure out what price MH3U launched at on Wii U. Destructoid's review says US $60 when the 3DS version was $40. If that's the case, I won't be surprised if this is US $60 (and the equivalent in other countries) as well.

Fat4all

Banned
Hardcore fans will, for sure. I'm just hoping it's the same cost as the 3DS version, unless it offers substantially more content and features

In most cases where a game is both on an old and new console, it's not uncommon for the new console version to be more expensive.

Eolz

What a surprise lol.
MonHun 5 teaser at TGS then.

What do you guys think? Will Capcom overprice this as they did with Street Fighter? I hope not, but I think that will be the case :|

If it's 40-50$, this is not overpriced. Nothing to do with and old SF2 enhanced port.

Passose

Banned
it's weird to see people shaming on capcom in the morning and then thanking them in the evening. This should be a new trend :p

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'm trying to figure out what price MH3U launched at on Wii U. Destructoid's review says US $60 when the 3DS version was $40. If that's the case, I won't be surprised if this is US $60 (and the equivalent in other countries) as well.
I remember 50

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

SOMEONE HOLD ME 😍😍😍😍😍

Calm Mind

it's weird to see people shaming on capcom in the morning and then thanking them in the evening. This should be a new trend :p

c78.gif

21 pages already?

Please update your preferences to support 100ppp! (posts per page)

In most cases where a game is both on an old and new console, it's not uncommon for the new console version to be more expensive.
Was that also the case with the PS4/XB1? I only remember that happening when there were substantial improvements or more content over the last gen version

Waji

And there were already stock problems.
Ha ha ha... they better not announce Pokemon stars at E3, civial war in Japan to get a Switch.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Switch is turning out to be the place to play all of the Nintendo games I skipped over the years. If they keep this up I'll definitely get one.

They better not cheap out and just mash out a quick and dirty. This franchise is hilariously dated, and needs to join the current era. Please Capcom.

Please.

marmoka

Banned
It will probably be the same 3DS version with HD resolution, and perhaps HD textures. It will look like Twilight Princess HD. Wait for MH5 to get a game in native HD.

But the game is supposed to be real fun, so who cares?

also

Banned
I didn't think Monster Hunter games were dialogue heavy. Why not just buy the Japanese version?
Skill names? Item names? Quest names? MH relies heavily on using external tools/wikis. How will you search what's the best way to get 火竜の逆鱗? Draw the kanji each time? Keep using google's translate character recognition on your phone?

Was that also the case with the PS4/XB1? I only remember that happening when there were substantial improvements or more content over the last gen version
Persona 5 is 49,99$ on PS3, 59,99$ on PS4. There's no doubt there will be a HD tax. Hoping for 49.99$ for the Switch version but it'll most likely be 59,99$.

MLH

Wonder how save data transfer will work with 3DS to Switch if at all. Would prefer not to have to grind through the beginning again...

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
It will probably be the same 3DS version with HD resolution, and perhaps HD textures. It will look like Twilight Princess HD. Wait for MH5 to get a game in native HD.

But the game is supposed to be real fun, so who cares?
This

My only downside of monhun on 3ds was the pisspoor resolution.

And that is fixed now.

Persona 5 is 49,99$ on PS3, 59,99$ on PS4. There's no doubt there will be a HD tax. Hoping for 49.99$ for the Switch version but it'll most likely be 59,99$.
Really? I honestly didn't know that. Is there anything extra for the PS4 version or is it just more costly because it's the newer system...despite it being like 3+ years old now?

Shiggy

Wonder how save data transfer will work with 3DS to Switch if at all. Would prefer not to have to grind through the beginning again...

I doubt there'll be anything in place. Zelda doesn't offer anything like that either.

This

My only downside of monhun on 3ds was the pisspoor resolution.

And that is fixed now.

+ The 3DS controls will be fixed with a real controller

also

Banned
Really? I honestly didn't know that. Is there anything extra for the PS4 version or is it just more costly because it's the newer system...despite it being like 3+ years old now?
PS4 has better performance but the content is the same. Another way you could look at it is that the PS3 version is 10$ cheaper. If there was no PS4 version, then the PS3 version would be standard 60$.
An even better example would be DQ: Builders or Toukiden: Kiwami; 40$ on vita, 60$ on PS4 because the standard price for handheld tittles is 40$ and for consoles it's 60$.

I doubt there'll be anything in place. Zelda doesn't offer anything like that either.
3 Ultimate did allow save sharing so I would expect it to be the same here

It looks slightly better.

It would be Capcom's call whether or not to implement it. Zelda not doing it does not factor into that likeliness.

Raide

Will wait to see some footage of the game before I jump in but MH on Switch might make me jump over. Not expecting amazing graphics but anything is better than the 3DS games.

Seil

With MH3U, there was a separate app for 3DS that you used alongside the Wii U game to transfer your save data. They could go this route either locally or via the cloud.

People that just bought XX for 3DS two months ago wouldn't be super happy to find out that they've been playing for the past couple months and will have to restart if they double dip for the superior version.

Top Bottom