• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX Switch Trailer. August 25. Save Transfers. 3DS Cross Play. Bundle.

NSESN

If they won't release MH in the west for nintendo consoles, Ace Attorney is absolutely next. 2 of my favoutite franchises.

Eolz

Posted in the wrong thread, but what the fuck Capcom...
Getting worse and worse in terms of decisions lately. Really shitty from them.

ohlawd

You were the best HBG specalist I've played with, all the way back to 3 Ultimate on the WiiU.

I'm sure we'll cross paths again.

Thanks so much. I remember the fun times we had. Like after hunting 3U Super Event Brachy with a team full of GAF folks, I've never been troubled by Brachydioses ever since.

I live in hope those hunts will be back someday.

shit, why is someone cutting onions

good hunts, for real.

Akai

This is quite possibly the most spectacular show of franchise sabotage I've ever seen a publisher commit. It is absolutely inexcusable that both games can't be localized...

This is painful guys.

giphy.gif

zashga

Sucks that we might not get this. World looks cool and all, but I really like portable MH. If we don't get XX, then hopefully the rumors of a new MH Portable will end up being true too.

Prophane33

No need to hope that because it likely will. It didn't do so well in Japan compared to the normal series. It's liking going to perform even worse outside of Japan.

Yeah, after seeing the Japanese numbers I did not expect this to leave Japan. Because if it didn't sell well in a place where it's core titles set chart records, I don't expect it to do anything in the west.

I just don't understand how they weren't already preparing the localisation.
XX could've had a worldwide launch in August and then World would come out in 2018 in it's own window with no overlapping promotion between the two titles.
With this schedule I would've bought both but I honestly don't know if I'll bother with World now. Purposely abandoning a platform and set of fans is not something I'm supporting.

Dingens

so.... what are my options if I wanna continue to play portable mohun (like on the can for example)?
like either import or get a notebook?
with no switch version for world (for whatever reason), the future looks bleak -_-

ugh, "disappointed" doesn't come even close to describe it

Pila

So fellow hunters, PR confirmed this shit? We don't get the real one and that's it? Not even some 3ds hope?

Man, it's really depressing. Done with fucking Capcom if that's the case, for sure.

The significant amount of 3DS software was weird, and was probably greenlit when they weren't sure Switch was the next 3DS, but them going 'hey this thing is gonna get pokemon' confirmed that's where they're headed.

They're all remakes, they were greenlit to milk money out of the 3DS's fanbase. Nintendo does this every generation, make new games to get people to buy in, later sell them remakes.

Come on lol

Sorry for the bump, I see pre orders are live for the Japanese Switch version, anyone going for it??

Bought Generations last week for 3DS and I totally forget how bad the screen is...

So I think about getting the Japanese Switch version! Is there a good walkthrough online for XX?

Haunted

For you few holdouts, it's time to accept XX's fate in the west

There's no way Capcom is going to bring this to Switch in the west AFTER World launches. Capcom's western branches are 100% focused on World.

Edit - Ah, missed Kyoufu's post. I'm basically repeating what he said.

Not putting Monster Hunter on the Switch (in NA/EU) is madness.

Not putting Monster Hunter on the Switch (in NA/EU) when you have a finished product, basically ready to go, already partially localised available... is staggeringly incompetent and unbelievably bad decision making on their part. I literally can not believe how stupid that decision is.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Not putting Monster Hunter on the Switch (in NA/EU) is madness.

Not putting Monster Hunter on the Switch (in NA/EU) when you have a finished product, basically ready to go, already partially localised available... is staggeringly incompetent and unbelievably bad decision making on their part. I literally can not believe how stupid that decision is.

I totally agree

nubbe

I do plan to import the physical version
But I will wait a bit in pathetic hope for a localization
fucking capcom

Dingens

I'm most likely going to import it an hope for a small but active community here on gaf...
I have no hope for them ever localizing it.

Phoenixus

Did I hear right there was going to be a jpn demo on eshop sometime soon? Wonder if a mass downloading from the west might sway a few minds.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I wouldn't hold my breath. There won't be any localization and if there is one it would be around Summer 2018. Lol

F**K you Capcom

Yeah Capcom has clearly decided to basically pretend it doesn't exist while they push World- late Spring next year is the absolute earliest it would come out, and by then they will probably just say screw it and focus on the next switch title.

VariantX

Did I hear right there was going to be a jpn demo on eshop sometime soon. Wonder if a mass downloading from the west might sway a few minds.

Nope. Capcom is still likely going to either localize XX at some point or localize the next portable MH . They don't want it eating world's lunch in the west unril after it's had it's time in the spotlight. There's a significant amount of people who will only play this portable if they had a choice. It would be what Capcom stupidly did to GC RE4 again with the PS2 port essentially, though this is about localization of a port rather than a port altogether .

I've never been a fan of a game series like this that has such seeming contempt for its fans.

Im excited to play World on PC, but to hold back the localization of XX on the platform on which it makes the most sense is really beyond the pale.

Meesh

K guys... I pre ordered Double Cross for Switch, fuck it, I love the series too much........ but Capcom, I'm not impressed.....

Thoraxes

I got notification from Play Asia, was wondering if many Gaffers were interested in importing... I mean we still don't know for sure whether NA will get a localization, but I might bite on this.
I have an order coming from amiami in September, so I'm just getting it from there, and waiting a little to save on the shipping.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I have also pre-ordered a copy.

Fuck Capcom for not being upfront with their fanbase, by the way. If they end up releasing it in the West, I hope it bombs hard for them.

Neonep

So Capcom has enabled you to transfer saves for this game from the 3DS to the Switch yet Nintendo won't allow you to transfer save data from the Wii U to the Switch for Breath Of The Wild. That's backwards as fuck.

Kyoufu

So Capcom has enabled you to transfer saves for this game from the 3DS to the Switch yet Nintendo won't allow you to transfer save data from the Wii U to the Switch for Breath Of The Wild. That's backwards as fuck.

You can't even transfer saves from Switch to Switch heh heh.

Juraash

I have also pre-ordered a copy.

Fuck Capcom for not being upfront with their fanbase, by the way. If they end up releasing it in the West, I hope it bombs hard for them.

Ordered a copy for import. Fuck Capcom, hope it fails if they do bring it west..

What the fuck even is this?

PetrCobra

Dang... pretty disappointing news. I have the means to play MH:Worlds (PC and PS4), but not being able to sit in the same room with my friends and just hunt together is pretty sucky. ughhhhh

Then again, judging by the performance of Mario Kart 8D local multiplayer, which keeps disconnecting everyone if they aren't all really really close to each other, maybe playing MH in local mode is not particularly suited for Switch, at least until Nintendo fixes whatever is causing that issue.

Then again, judging by the performance of Mario Kart 8D local multiplayer, which keeps disconnecting everyone if they aren't all really really close to each other, maybe playing MH in local mode is not particularly suited for Switch, at least until Nintendo fixes whatever is causing that issue.

Damn I wasn't aware of this issue but it seems quite widespread. Any word from Nintendo on that matter?

Anteo

This has been a problem since the 3ds launch. I still remmeber the random disconnwcts on mk7. Thats why whenever friends come over to play mh we play online, no disconnects when using a online room.

PetrCobra

This has been a problem since the 3ds launch. I still remmeber the random disconnwcts on mk7. Thats why whenever friends come over to play mh we play online, no disconnects when using a online room.

There's a pub session of Mario Kart 7 every week around here, all local play, no disconnects. Has been going on for years. Maybe they resolved the issue you mention? I certainly don't remember anything like that myself

Damn I wasn't aware of this issue but it seems quite widespread. Any word from Nintendo on that matter?

A guy I know is having an interesting back and forth via email with the UK Nintendo Support about this. So far, they managed to avoid a direct reply. Link to a big screengrab of the conversation:

https://i.nyx.cz/files/00/00/17/26/1726448_1555de2638925a7249fb.png?name=NUKCS.png

tl;dr: In response to elaborate descriptions of the issue, they've sent two prepared responses about how they are sorry that his joycons are having issues. In the third response, they seem to have acknowledged that the issue is not with the joycons. Now they are asking whether it's local or online (in the query, there are lines like "we are all in the same room"... but yeah, why not just assume that they choose to do what Anteo above me does, instead of just using local wireless). They clearly aren't really reading the mails they receive at all at first, trying to buy time, maybe in anticipation that the customer may resolve his issues without their help. There seems to be some progress though.

still tl:dr: they are throwing generic responses at him, maybe it would be better to send a query to their PR team. Any journalists in here?

Top Bottom