• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Battlefield 1 Alpha Invites going out (Consoles uncluded)

whyman

No invite here. Been an insider from the start. Seems random. Well I have all 3 platforns if someone is away on vacation and feeling generous!

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I can confirm that the game indeed has a framerate.

Troll-Doll.jpg

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
No, no, it's cool DICE. It's not like I bought Battlefield 4 Premium even way back during that awful launch. Leave me out of the club, why don't you? :(

Been signed up for insider on both my origin accounts and nothing on either. Have every BF game since release too :(.
I have Battlefield 4 plus Premium on 3 platforms, BF3 and Hardline on two, and every other release and expansion on PC. I think Bad Company 1 was the only game I missed. Nothing here either, but I was late on the insider thing.

moerser

i got one, but i was so quick in redeeming it i didnt even notice it was for pc... i dont have a gaming pc anymore... wish it would have been for ps4.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I haven't got a key.

I just wanted to share that.

Calmine

60fps target. BF4 was also 60fps but pretty much never stayed there. BF1 is looking to be more stable at first glance.

Yeah BF4 hardly stayed at 60FPS large scale maps. Battlefront was pretty rock solid. So it's likely this will be the same, hopefully.

TheRed

That looks abit rough

That looks pretty damn good to me and I'm gonna be playing on a monster PC, haven't seen any other game's multi look that good on that console.

Kept watching and noticed a few frame drops. If they iron those out it looks great.

Lakitu

st5fu
The semi-automatic reload animation is fantastic.

It also appears if it's a really tight game the zeppelin doesn't come out.

The detail in the environment is pretty good as well as the framerate; but it is also super blurry and low-res like Hardline was.

The video has some really heavy compression.. so you really cant determine the IQ. Sure i agree it will be 720p, but the video isnt really a good indication for image quality

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I used to get alpha and beta invites all the time from EA then it just stopped. I don't think I've been invited into any this generation.

Really wanted to check this out.

Hopefully there are a few more alpha invites before the 19th. Personally hoping the open beta is not the first weekend in August since I away that weekend.

The detail in the environment is pretty good as well as the framerate; but it is also super blurry and low-res like Hardline was.

Well im watching it on a 65 4k tv and it looked washed out and blurry to be honest. Frame rate takes drops also. The ps4 footage looks alot cleaner and its not even direct.

Outside of normal Youtube compression that clip seems particularly poorly rendered, a lot of compression going on. I think it looks good though from what I can tell, hard to judge with that.

Something is way off, either in the capture card/method or just the fact that it's early alpha. Zero chance it looks this blurry/aliased, even on X1.

I mean, look at even the menu text:

CdPMXUl.png

Top Bottom