• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More MS Leaks Studio Buyouts and Halo Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll eventually drop the One, but not the S any time soon. That become the base for the One. And I don't see Microsoft allowing developers to go all in on the X until the next box is upon us. That's my speech..

I can agree with the first half of thought. But I’m not sure how much better the S is from the One.

For the 2nd part I think it would be benificial on MS’s part to (for ease of example, don’t expect)say at E3 Xbox “whatever” is coming in 2020. All games coming out in 2019 will be developed for Xbox One X and only playable on Xbox One X and Xbox “whatever” when it releases. Giving Xbox One X a year of time to establish its self as the cheapest weakest console and people can choose to upgrade to it or wait for the “whatever”

Corrik

Hearing a couple of things once again take it with a grain of salts

Studio Buyouts

1. MS purchased the following

Playgrounds and developing

Forza Horizon is now in-house
Second project rumoured Fable game from second studio as we know it

US based Company Bought (anyone who has a good working relationship with MS has been named. Possibly Undead Labs or someone else.

Canadian Team Bought most likely would be Studio MDHR, but Capcom Vancouver has also been speculated. An Action/Adventure game is speculated to appear at the presser and is listed as Xbox/PC ONLY.

Either Dead Rising 5 or a Dino Crisis game reboot. Devil May Cry 5 will be at Sonys Conference along with Resident Evil 2 Remake.

3. Santa Monica stuff if you missed it before (new studio, headed by Darrell Gallaghar, no projects hinted at yet supposedly the quad AAAA next gen studio. Called Xbox Santa Monica

Gears of War

Three new Gears games in the works (originally Polygon source) but the Xcom game was known Before polygon jumped in and added a BR game.

1 - An X-Com style game
2 - A spinoff series (speculation is a horror game or a battleroyal)
3 - A full-on sequel ( Gears of War 5)

Halo Infinity (could be Halo 6, could be a spin-off, though the spin-off is likely the recently announced arcade experience, unless there's something else) and as we know it we know the next mainline Halo game has been in development and Halo Wars 2 was the recent spin off. Believe this is the next mainline Halo game.

Source A is going silent until the show for the sake of his connections and Source B (I think) simply responded there are "more" studios acquired than originally mentioned.

Conclusion - There will be a lot of 1st party stuff this Sunday to show people that the investments are real.

Majority of these investments won't appear until next generation but will be teased to a small extent. The 2 Gears games and Halo are most likely the last hurrah for Xbox One.
A lot of your stuff was pretty on point. Good job. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom