• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More MS Leaks Studio Buyouts and Halo Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is with Playdead, will they even have a next game in the style of LIMBO/Inside? Art Jensen left the company to found his own studio. So there is no guarantee the 3rd game is even happening or would be as amazing as the first 2. So more reputation than reality.

Capybara Games - there is no guarantee Below will be a 90/100 game or will sell. But the art style alone is something I'd want to lock up forever.

Last edited:

Calibos

Thanks for the post but I don't get this. X1X just came out. There still hasn't been a game released that was developed for X1X from the start.
I would assume same time as when PS5 launches which is most likely 2020. An announcement next year is a possible thing.

It's also speculated that Fable and Perfect Dark reboots will be launch titles for the next system to really kick it off.

Someone asked why they have not made an exclusive Xbox One X game? Because it's not a new generation console and Xbox One X is part of the Xbox One brand. They never advertised an Xbox One X as a new gen system..
This is true. They are very active with the e3 rumours. If only it wasn't such a SJW authoritarian cesspool I'd consider joining. Perfectly happy to have their tip offs make their way to gaff and get discussed here without anyone popping veins in their forehead about their feeling.

Sounds like M$ is making the right moves. I still want to see a title that shows what the X can do, and not just 4k. There is no need for a new console generation for a while IMO, games today are not held back by graphics and immersion. I hardly noticed the graphics in uncharted or God of war because a lot of the details a buried pretty deep and you can't even see them (unless you zoom in). Having additional processing power for AI and NPCs might be good though, but we can already do Hitman and Witcher 3 so how much more do we need?

I say M$ needs to pump out exclusives fast now that they are comfy with this gen, and not move things to next gen. It is pretty clear we've hit diminishing returns around graphical fidelity and the time is ripe for sitting on this console gen and pumping out more games.

Speaking to X1X and new hardware. I have said this before, but they really need to take off the X1 shackle. It's time to allow Devs to develop some games with X1X in mind as the "base" model. The OG Xbox One is 5 years old, the same age as th OG Xbox was when they killed it for under performing. All games "backwards compatible" is in MS's plans so why not have a roadmap for sunsetting the oldest system every 3-5 years?

I hate to tell you this, but it's pretty much over for Microsoft as far as this gen games go. You'll see maybe a few more in 2019 and that's it. Microsoft is investing all of this for next gen and they already know the ship has sailed since Don Matt rock's atrocious Xbox One reveal. I would NOT hold your breath for anything super crazy for this gen at this point. Damage has been done, and now we're forced to wait a bit longer. Next gen is where Microsoft will come up super super strong.

Enjoy your Master Chief Collection, Gears of War 4, Halo 5: Guardians, Cupped, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, the new nonmainline Gears game, the superior multiplatform titles, crackdown 3 and indie exclusive Xbox games, Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 till next gen pretty much.

Except I don’t think MS will start a new gen. I think MS will drop support for Xbox One and One S eventually making Xbox One X the default low tiered Xbox and eventually announce a new Xbox that keeps moving everything forward and games will be playable on Xbox One X and whatever new beefier Xbox is called.

Leocarian

Banned
Except I don’t think MS will start a new gen. I think MS will drop support for Xbox One and One S eventually making Xbox One X the default low tiered Xbox and eventually announce a new Xbox that keeps moving everything forward and games will be playable on Xbox One X and whatever new beefier Xbox is called.

The new beefier Xbox is a new-gen lol.

Hearing a couple of things once again take it with a grain of salts

Studio Buyouts

1. MS purchased the following

Playgrounds and developing

Forza Horizon is now in-house
Second project rumoured Fable game from second studio as we know it

US based Company Bought (anyone who has a good working relationship with MS has been named. Possibly Undead Labs or someone else.

Canadian Team Bought most likely would be Studio MDHR, but Capcom Vancouver has also been speculated. An Action/Adventure game is speculated to appear at the presser and is listed as Xbox/PC ONLY.

Either Dead Rising 5 or a Dino Crisis game reboot. Devil May Cry 5 will be at Sonys Conference along with Resident Evil 2 Remake.

3. Santa Monica stuff if you missed it before (new studio, headed by Darrell Gallaghar, no projects hinted at yet supposedly the quad AAAA next gen studio. Called Xbox Santa Monica

Gears of War

Three new Gears games in the works (originally Polygon source) but the Xcom game was known Before polygon jumped in and added a BR game.

1 - An X-Com style game
2 - A spinoff series (speculation is a horror game or a battleroyal)
3 - A full-on sequel ( Gears of War 5)

Halo Infinity (could be Halo 6, could be a spin-off, though the spin-off is likely the recently announced arcade experience, unless there's something else) and as we know it we know the next mainline Halo game has been in development and Halo Wars 2 was the recent spin off. Believe this is the next mainline Halo game.

Source A is going silent until the show for the sake of his connections and Source B (I think) simply responded there are "more" studios acquired than originally mentioned.

Conclusion - There will be a lot of 1st party stuff this Sunday to show people that the investments are real.

Majority of these investments won't appear until next generation but will be teased to a small extent. The 2 Gears games and Halo are most likely the last hurrah for Xbox One.
Sweet thanks for getting this together. Makes it much easier to stay organized in prep for the conference!

D

Deleted member 738645

Unconfirmed Member
That's something I keep to myself. Sorry. Take it for what it is and take it how you want it.

Hmm... Let me see. Should I trust a random Internet user with no verifcation and no proof?

Yes, absolutely. Trusting random strangers on the internet is never a bad idea.

But Phil Spencer said he's done with Generations. Can you guys make up your minds?

Typically a new generation meant your games didn't carry over. Being done with generations means everything you buy will work with future hardware.

Last edited:

Leocarian

Banned
Hmm... Let me see. Should I trust a random Internet user with no verifcation and no proof?

Yes, absolutely. Trusting random strangers on the internet is never a bad idea.

I never said you need to trust me. lol. Nor am I here to convince anyone. If you're here to bicker and insult people for no reason then continue to do so. This is a forum for discussion.

Last edited:

xool

I actually can't wait for Microsoft's next gen Xbox. From all the misteps and flak they took this gen were are probably going to get a hell of a product both in terms of hardware and games. Consumers will win at the end of the day.

Quite. Industry seems like a game of combacks

Wii after Gamecube
Switch after WiiU
PS4 after PS3

XTwo should be a monster

A new GPU a new CPU is a next-gen system. Sorry.

giphy.gif

demigod

Typically a new generation meant your games didn't carry over. Being done with generations means everything you buy will work with future hardware.

This makes no sense. Games not carrying over means no backwards compatibility. Being done with generations means there are no more generations so future games will work on existing hardware like how Apple does it.

Last edited:
This makes no sense. Games not carrying over means no backwards compatibility. Being done with generations means there are no more generations so future games will work on existing hardware like how Apple does it.

That's basically what i said so what does this mean "But Phil Spencer said he's done with Generations. Can you guys make up your minds?"

Last edited:

demigod

That's basically what i said so what does this mean "But Phil Spencer said he's done with Generations. Can you guys make up your minds?"

Ahhh, I see now what you meant after re-reading it, my bad. But the thing is Leocarian says there will be a new generation which the new games will not work on old hardware.

Personally I don't believe Phil, I believe there will be a new generation where future games will not work on Xbox One.

Ahhh, I see now what you meant after re-reading it, my bad. But the thing is Leocarian says there will be a new generation which the new games will not work on old hardware.

Personally I don't believe Phil, I believe there will be a new generation where future games will not work on Xbox One.

Yeah that would suck.

Conclusion - There will be a lot of 1st party stuff this Sunday to show people that the investments are real.

Majority of these investments won't appear until next generation but will be teased to a small extent. The 2 Gears games and Halo are most likely the last hurrah for Xbox One.
I think focusing on next gen is good, but unless it's gonna be in the next year, I don't think talking about next gen games is the best approach at e3 this year, seeing how many people are annoyed at what they deem/perceive as a lack of games and exclusives. Love hearing about new studios being acquired for future stuff though. Halo and Gears are great, but Im guessing Ori and the Will of the Wisps will make it too. Also have Ashen and The Last Night to hear about. If Crackdown 3 doesn't disappoint, it will be solid exclusive toward the end of the xbox one's life cycle as well.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Sadly, there's a ton of leaks and insider info that isn't talked about here.

"Leaks" and "insider info". More than half the time those tend to be nothing simply made to push traffic to the site. Also, didn't you complain about "not believing some random person on the internet"? Yet, you seem readily able to believe if it comes from the other site. Interesting.

This is true. They are very active with the e3 rumours. If only it wasn't such a SJW authoritarian cesspool I'd consider joining. Perfectly happy to have their tip offs make their way to gaff and get discussed here without anyone popping veins in their forehead about their feeling.

Sounds like M$ is making the right moves. I still want to see a title that shows what the X can do, and not just 4k. There is no need for a new console generation for a while IMO, games today are not held back by graphics and immersion. I hardly noticed the graphics in uncharted or God of war because a lot of the details a buried pretty deep and you can't even see them (unless you zoom in). Having additional processing power for AI and NPCs might be good though, but we can already do Hitman and Witcher 3 so how much more do we need?

I say M$ needs to pump out exclusives fast now that they are comfy with this gen, and not move things to next gen. It is pretty clear we've hit diminishing returns around graphical fidelity and the time is ripe for sitting on this console gen and pumping out more games.

While a lot of it sounds good, if they were being designed - it seems like we won't see them for a year or two yet. That isn't good for Microsoft who desperately needs exclusive games *now*. I think Gears could make a wonderful X-Com inspired game with its mechanics and designs, but a Battle Royale game seems a bit strange for this franchise.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
We reached out to Leocarian to verify his industry credentials and he did not demonstrate any such credentials. Since he was posting unverified rumors as confirmed fact under the false pretense of industry affiliation, he has been banned from NeoGAF for spreading disinformation and fake news. If you do have industry insights and would like to post them here without revealing your sources, please PM a moderator first. Thanks.

WaterAstro

We reached out to Leocarian to verify his industry credentials and he did not demonstrate any such credentials. Since he was posting unverified rumors as confirmed fact under the false pretense of industry affiliation, he has been banned from NeoGAF for spreading disinformation and fake news. If you do have industry insights and would like to post them here without revealing your sources, please PM a moderator first. Thanks.
Thanks for looking into it.

For the rest of us, it seems like a pretty good idea by Hotspurr to consolidate existing rumours into one thread, so please visit https://www.neogaf.com/threads/e3-rumor-thread.1462847/ .

Did @ThormundGiGantsbane report him... -_-

If Leocarian's info turns out to be true will he be unbanned? He was actually a big contributor to quality discussion here unlike so many of the xbox/microsoft haters that cant seem to stay away from every single xbox thread.

D

Deleted member 738645

Unconfirmed Member

Thank you.

I did not.

Last edited by a moderator:

svbarnard

Banned
I actually can't wait for Microsoft's next gen Xbox. From all the misteps and flak they took this gen were are probably going to get a hell of a product both in terms of hardware and games. Consumers will win at the end of the day.

Absolutely to go from just about dethroning Sony's playstation and all that momentum during the 360/PS3 era to completely getting their asses kicked, its a debauchery!!!

WaterAstro

If Leocarian's info turns out to be true will he be unbanned? He was actually a big contributor to quality discussion here unlike so many of the xbox/microsoft haters that cant seem to stay away from every single xbox thread.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/rumo...erdrive-2-at-e3.1462711/page-3#post-253278098

He also just came off a ban involving the State of Decay 2 review thread from what I remembered. Nothing but his own undoing as he was trying to promote his website.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

He or she has been inundating this forum trying to promote his or her website going as far as to argue with a review poster for not grabbing the proper snippet from their review. I highly doubt anyone actually works for him/her and if they did do something, the reviewer was convinced it was for "exposure".

I (and it's solely I here) figure they were grabbing snippets from reddit or 4chan and posting it here as news.

I'm actually impressed at how quickly they came back after the State of Decay 2 ban to now this.

Last edited:
He or she has been inundating this forum trying to promote his or her website going as far as to argue with a review poster for not grabbing the proper snippet from their review. I highly doubt anyone actually works for him/her and if they did do something, the reviewer was convinced it was for "exposure".

I (and it's solely I here) figure they were grabbing snippets from reddit or 4chan and posting it here as news.

I'm actually impressed at how quickly they came back after the State of Decay 2 ban to now this.
Fair enough. There is a lot obviously that I didn't know. If your suspicions are true, then it's the right move by the mods.

MS has to build up the first party studios. Sony has like 8 or 9? Microsoft needs that many and of course diversity on what they create.

hiphopcr

This is very true. Game Pass + Super Backwards Compatibility + Best Hardware + Best Network + Reinforced First Party Support = the end all be all machine. Phil's vision looking brilliant right now.

This is very true. Game Pass + Super Backwards Compatibility + Best Hardware + Best Network + Reinforced First Party Support = the end all be all machine. Phil's vision looking brilliant right now.
100% agree. Mattrick's intro seems like a far distant memory and any frustration I felt when the XBox One was announced has now made me completely excited about the future of XBox.

That sounds great in theory but the Reinforced First Party Support is 4-5 years off.

joe_zazen

The machine with refunds will be the one I buy.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
They'll eventually drop the One, but not the S any time soon. That become the base for the One. And I don't see Microsoft allowing developers to go all in on the X until the next box is upon us. That's my speech..

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
This could actually be a thing come this E3. With the right announcements, the brand could seriously become the defacto machine when you add in everything else. Literally, all they need are more 1st party games. Everything else is on point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom