• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More PlayStation games are seemingly coming to GOG storefront in the near future

So the tweet was about God of War (2018) and Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves coming to GOG.

F9oHfFRXIAA6h6T

Currently there are only 2 Sony games on GOG -- Days Gone and Horizon Zero Dawn.

image.png

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
This would be so awesome. I'm hoping the original Demon's Souls are one of the games being released but I doubt it.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Looks like two of the games they are hinting at are God of War and Uncharted.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
It's cool that they're getting more of them (though Day's Gone was already DRM-free on Epic, wasn't it?), but weren't these games plagued by major stuttering issues? Not sure if it's the whole lot of Sony ports or just some of them, but kinda puts a damper on the whole thing for me.

But I'm glad GOG's getting more substantial content these days.

It's cool that they're getting more of them (though Day's Gone was already DRM-free on Epic, wasn't it?), but weren't these games plagued by major stuttering issues? Not sure if it's the whole lot of Sony ports or just some of them, but kinda puts a damper on the whole thing for me.

That would be the UE4 games and sadly that's a majority of them. GOW, Horizon, Ratchet etc don't do that.

I would capitalise on the momentum of Spider-Man 2 and release the first game on GOG, with some marketing PR speak, with Miles Morales standalone game a month or two later, for breathing room.

Last edited:

Tams

Looking at reviews for Horizon Zero Dawn, the GOG zealots are not happy.

My take is that GOG/CD Project Red need to make some compromises to stay in business, and that getting the DRM and most of the data collecting taken out is an achievement in itself.

They could label games according to how 'open' they are though.

Elysium44

Banned

Days Gone doesn't stutter, it's a perfect port and runs flawlessly on modest hardware. Shame all their games aren't like that.

Killer8

I'm surprised Sony even puts the games on GoG given they are DRM-free.

It's refreshingly pro-consumer, but also strange for a company that would normally be very concerned about keeping their IP locked up tightly on console.

Skifi28

Days Gone doesn't stutter, it's a perfect port and runs flawlessly on modest hardware. Shame all their games aren't like that.
I started the game very recently and within the first 5 minutes during the chase sequence on the bike I was getting crazy stuttering every few seconds even though the framerate was great.

Elysium44

Banned
I started the game very recently and within the first 5 minutes during the chase sequence on the bike I was getting crazy stuttering every few seconds even though the framerate was great.

Hmm all I can say is I got it when it came out on Steam, played and completed the game at 1080p60 vsync on an i5-10600 and GTX 1660 and it ran great, I am very sensitive to stutters and didn't have any.

Red5

Can somebody explain to me why evil corp has a real incentive to put their games onto GOG? What do they gain?

These games are already cracked so pirates already pirated them. They were also released on PC a few years ago so releasing on GOG might appeal to a niche of the market. Cover all of your bases, broaden your market reach as much as possible etc...etc...

Red5

This is actually a great idea. So it’s guaranteed not to happen :(.

Sadly, it's not even that farfetched since Konami and Capcom already released a lot of their NES,SNES,PSone Classics on Steam/GOG.

But Sony doesn't seem to care about their classic games even on PSN.

Raonak

Banned
Makes sense, sony shouldn't need to worry about DRM or piracy if they got most of their sales on PS5 already.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Why are people excited for this? Cause it's easier to pirate?
Because you can run the game anywhere, any time, without any extra launchers. You can install the game and play totally offline. You can install it on any number of PCs. If you have kids, you can install it on their PCs, without jumping through library sharing hoops and kicking each other out of the game. GOG themselves put a lot of work into modding / wrapping older games, to make sure they run in modern operating systems. They also have a 30-day refund policy (not based on playtime). They usually give away about a dozen free games a year. There are lots of reasons to be excited about a great AAA game releasing on GOG.

Because you can run the game anywhere, any time, without any extra launchers. You can install the game and play totally offline. You can install it on any number of PCs. If you have kids, you can install it on their PCs, without jumping through library sharing hoops and kicking each other out of the game. GOG themselves put a lot of work into modding / wrapping older games, to make sure they run in modern operating systems. They also have a 30-day refund policy (not based on playtime). They usually give away about a dozen free games a year. There are lots of reasons to be excited about a great AAA game releasing on GOG.
Thanks, didn't know that stuff. I thought it was just people that complain about DRM hitting their performance and people that wanna pirate.
I wish I could find a way to play Operation: Inner Space. It was one of my favorite PC games ever, and I believe it only runs on Windows 3.1. I used to play it on a virtual machine.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS

Thanks, didn't know that stuff. I thought it was just people that complain about DRM hitting their performance and people that wanna pirate.
I wish I could find a way to play Operation: Inner Space. It was one of my favorite PC games ever, and I believe it only runs on Windows 3.1. I used to play it on a virtual machine.
These games have been cracked since their release on Steam. GOG has nothing to do with piracy, more so an actual sense of ownership on PC.

Last edited:
Hmm, based on what you just said, I now wonder why does Steam get such high praise these days. People make it sound like its the only good game launcer on PC.

Top Bottom