• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More PS4 Games to be announced at Gamescom

Iacobellis

Didn't it get like one game announced? Tearaway?

I know they showed footage of Killzone and COD, but I think Tearaway was the only announcement.

I expect we'll see the Sony Bend game announced.

Killzone can also be considered an announcement. The only prior exposure the game got was a few seconds in the initial sizzle reveal for the NGP back in January '11.

Kyoufu

My predictions for GC:

KZSF MP
LBP3 for PS3/4/Vita
SSM's new IP
Metro 2033/Last Light bundled for PS4

First two are likely, but I doubt SSM's new IP will be at Gamescom. God of War sells better in NA if I'm not mistaken, so E3 would make more sense for SSM to reveal their next game.

Isn't Metro Last Light on current gen systems?

ReaperXL7

Awesome, my only problem with Gamescom is that its almost never livestreamed like E3 is, so it can be much more difficult to watch it. Hope someone has a good stream of it this year.

At this point all of these shows should be streamed, even more so this year.

Duffyside

Banned
I don't see why this is the case.... but oh, right fuck Mircosoft.

Because MS said they had 15 exclusives coming in the year, and have announced a ton of them. Sony has said they have 20, and have announced not even half of them.

Edit: Also, fuck Microsoft.

Santa Monica's new game should have been shown at E3 and I have no idea why it wasn't. Stig's been working on that game since God of War 3 for fuck's sake.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
First two are likely, but I doubt SSM's new IP will be at Gamescom. God of War sells better in NA if I'm not mistaken, so E3 would make more sense for SSM to reveal their next game.

The Last Light team wants to work on a PS4 port that includes 2033 as well.

I agree about SSM but I'm just hoping for a teaser or something. Resistance 3 was unveiled at Gamescom and that series is more popular in the US. SSM's new IP has been in development for over three years now, surely they can show something and it would make more sense at GC than TGS. I'm expecting ND's game to be a major VGA reveal.

ReaperXL7

It could also get the VGA treatment, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, God of War 3, and Gow:A were all unveild at the VGAs if im not mistaken.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Still don't think we're going to see Guerilla's new IP until Shadow Fall is out the door? Guerilla will just take the time to unveal that game's MP.

Housemarque's new game will probably be there.

creyas

Sony really has some great speakers across the board. Is there a Sony representative right now who messes up a lot or who seems like he doesn't know what he's talking about?

chad_warden_by_blondbeastboy-d5wd087.jpg

Most likely MS blew their load at E3 while Sony is keeping stuff under wraps.

Here's hoping. Feel like Sony blew their load in February

Boss Man

Need another launch (actual launch, I hate the new launch 'window' shit) title or two from Sony or a paid third party.

Vodh

I find it possible that Sony could be hiding some relative heavy-hitter launch game in their sleeve. They didn't need to announce it at E3, since Microsoft handed that win to them through the combination of restrictions and shitty PR, so indies aside, they've just shown The Order and a bunch of indies/3rd parties. I would actually be surprised if Sony didn't have anything up their sleeve.

Gearing myself up for disappointment. Sony's European branches largely haven't made anything that interests me, and I don't see that changing unless Guerrilla's RPG gets announced and it's actually good.

Izick

Most likely MS blew their load at E3 while Sony is keeping stuff under wraps.

Ugh.

I'm very excited to see what both have at Gamescom. Personally, right now I'm more excited for the One's line-up, both and launch and in 2014, but that could all change at Gamescom and TGS.

To think either one won't have at least some new announcements at these big events is beyond silly.

Spongebob

Banned
I think the Sony Entertainment (movies/music/etc) guy during the conference was kind of super nervous and messing up quite a bit, but that was about it, I think.

IIRC, Verendus mentioned something about that? But he mentioned it was going to be at E3, which it wasn't.
It wasn't Verendus.

Duffyside

Banned
I find it possible that Sony could be hiding some relative heavy-hitter launch game in their sleeve. They didn't need to announce it at E3, since Microsoft handed that win to them through the combination of restrictions and shitty PR, so indies aside, they've just shown The Order and a bunch of indies/3rd parties. I would actually be surprised if Sony didn't have anything up their sleeve.

Well, get ready to be surprised. There's no way there is another major launch game coming. DriveClub, Knack, and Killzone are it. That's actually quite a lot of games to come out on one day. I get the desire to have something big and meaningful launch with a console, but it seems those days are long gone.

SJRB

Gold Member
I was thinking of going to Gamescom, but wasn't it a HUGE clusterfuck last year? I remember pics of insane amount of people at the entrance, massive crowds everywhere.

zeopower6

Well, get ready to be surprised. There's no way there is another major launch game coming. DriveClub, Knack, and Killzone are it. That's actually quite a lot of games to come out on one day. I get the desire to have something big and meaningful launch with a console, but it seems those days are long gone.

I'm still hoping that TGS or Gamescom brings about at least one new launch-day title and not just a 'launch window' title. At the moment, we only have Knack as a contribution to the PS4's launch from Japan. :(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I laughed when he was talking about TLOU/GT6/Beyond looking better than some nextgen stuff.

Not because hes necessarily wrong but its a terrible thing to say when you're trying to convince people to jump right in.

Because MS said they had 15 exclusives coming in the year, and have announced a ton of them. Sony has said they have 20, and have announced not even half of them.

Edit: Also, fuck Microsoft.
This. MS has announced their 15 titles already and unless Sony's offerings turn out to be a pile of poo cheap games then they should have the upper hand.

I fear though that due to MS going all out at E3 and showing 15 exclusives already that it gives casuals the impression that the Xbox has a shit tonne of games but PS4 is lacking as Sony has only shown five of their 20 year one titles.

I hope this isn't the case, since Knack is the only title they've shown so far that feels like it would fit for a Japanese launch (aside from 3rd party FF and KH3 further down the road).

They need a good TGS.

I'm expecting Guerilla, Quantic and Media Molecule to show stuff since they like showcasing them in their own regions now.

Kyoufu

I hope this isn't the case, since Knack is the only title they've shown so far that feels like it would fit for a Japanese launch (aside from 3rd party FF and KH3 further down the road).

They need a good TGS.

PS4 is probably not going to launch in 2013 for the Asian market, so I would expect more Japanese-centric games to be announced for launch sometime in 2014. Probably a new Minna No Golf game with heavy social features.

Showaddy

I'd put money on GG's new IP being revealed seeing as they're Sony's big European Dev. It's pretty common knowledge that their 2nd team has been working on it for a while now as everyone other interview seems to ask them when they're announcing it.

Kinyou

I don't expect too much. Gamescom has grown over the years but usually have the announcements been pretty minor.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

They need a good TGS.

I'm expecting Guerilla, Quantic and Media Molecule to show stuff since they like showcasing them in their own regions now.

Yeah, TGS is for the Japanese launch which probably won't happen until March/April. The NA and EU launch lineups are pretty much set aside from maybe indies.

The Last Guardian on day 1 for the Japanese launch would be pretty epic now that I think about it.

They need a good TGS.

That is easily fixed. Japan launch for PS4 in 2014 :)

Odrion

Banned
I just realized something.

2K Games didn't announce ANY next-gen games.

Huh. We're probably going to see a bit more launch titles than we've expected.

Top Bottom