• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More PS4 Games to be announced at Gamescom

Izick

Also, I'm guessing a bunch of indie games from both sides. Likely less from Microsoft, unless they do the right thing and announce indie self-publishing at Build, but I doubt it.

jbug617

Banned
This. MS has announced their 15 titles already and unless Sony's offerings turn out to be a pile of poo cheap games then they should have the upper hand.

I fear though that due to MS going all out at E3 and showing 15 exclusives already that it gives casuals the impression that the Xbox has a shit tonne of games but PS4 is lacking as Sony has only shown five of their 20 year one titles.

Microsoft didn't show 15 exclusives at E3. They specifically said that they have games to announce at Gamescom. Both companies has said that there is launch games still not announced.

Odrion

Banned
I hope Sony has some more details on the PSEye integration. Hopefully it's on par with some of the new Kinect integration.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Didn't one of the Sony guys say something to the effect of info about the games and system throughout the weeks and months leading up to launch back in February? Yknow as if to hint they are reserving stages of things to reveal until "Holiday 2013"?

Santa Monica's new game should have been shown at E3 and I have no idea why it wasn't. Stig's been working on that game since God of War 3 for fuck's sake.
True. Around gamescom this game will be in development for almost 3.5 years...

Time for the big announcement. Must be pretty big if it is going to take 4 years or more to get out lol

Meelow

Banned
With Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft at Gamescom this year (Nintendo and Microsoft skipping last year), this should be a big year.

Last year Gamescom announcements were better than E3.

This. What did E3 2012 even have beside Beyond? Gamescom had Killzone Mercenary (well the working title was revealed at Vita event before), Puppeteer, Rain, After Dawn, Tearaway, Vita PS+.

I mean it isn't that unreal for whatever they show could be equal or better than the only new 1st party game they had at E3, the Order.

kuroshiki

Microsoft didn't show 15 exclusives at E3. They specifically said that they have games to announce at Gamescom. Both companies has said that there is launch games still not announced.

That's true.

Titan fall
DR3
Forza5
Halo
Crimson Dragon
Witched3
Ryse
Killer Instinct
Fantasia
Kinect Sports Rivals
Quantum Break

So they have 4 left.

kvothe

Never thought I'd be excited for Gamescom or TGS, yet here I am. Hopefully I don't get let down.
But I'm sure I will.

Kikarian

I hope Sony has some more details on the PSEye integration. Hopefully it's on par with some of the new Kinect integration.
I doubt it. The Kinect is mandatory. So MS had a reason to make it worth while. The PSEye however is optional, I think it will just be something similar with how it was with the PS3.

jbug617

Banned
That's true.

Titan fall
DR3
Forza5
Halo
Crimson Dragon
Witched3
Ryse
Killer Instinct
Fantasia
Kinect Sports Rivals
Quantum Break

So they have 4 left.

Witcher 3 isn't exclusive. Fantasia and Titanfall doesn't count because they are not publishing those games.

kvothe

Little Big Planet 3D it will sell itself.

Don't know why I've never thought about that possibility before...

Could be awesome, could be shit. Maybe they could give you editable "planet" levels ala Mario Galaxy. Once you make that transition, the complexity of level creating increases exponentially.

That's true.

Titan fall
DR3
Forza5
Halo
Crimson Dragon
Witched3
Ryse
Killer Instinct
Fantasia
Kinect Sports Rivals
Quantum Break

So they have 4 left.

Titanfall, Witcher 3, and Fantasia don't enter the list (Witcher 3 isn't even exclusive XD), but you forgot Project Spark, so they still have 6 first party published games to be announced, 4 of which are new IP if my math is in check :p

Edit: Oh, there's that golf game and zoo tycoon too.

kasane

Wait I'm confused. If i remember correctly Sony said 20 launch titles and 10 first year titles. Unless I'm being delusional. :lol

I'm still waiting for Rockstar to drop the bomb that GTA5 will be available for next-gen and will be the definitive edition

I can feel it in my bones!

I don't expect to see their games yet, but it makes me giddy knowing that we still haven't seen Naughty Dog, Santa Monica and Guerrilla's new games/IPs. I just wish Bend doing something on the PS4, their efforts are largely wasted on the Vita now

zeopower6

Wait I'm confused. If i remember correctly Sony said 20 launch titles and 10 first year titles. Unless I'm being delusional. :lol

They did say something like that. 20 launch titles probably means "launch window" which means a few months after release, I guess? Like... InFamous: SS is launch window since it's early 2014.

Loudninja

Worldwide Studios are working on over 30 PS4 games.

1.Knack
2.Drive Club
3.Killzone:ShadowFall
4.InFamous:Second Son
5.The Order 1800

Still alot unknown

Duffyside

Banned
I'm still hoping that TGS or Gamescom brings about at least one new launch-day title and not just a 'launch window' title. At the moment, we only have Knack as a contribution to the PS4's launch from Japan. :(

How many studios in Japan does World Wide have?

Also, I'm pretty certain PS4 isn't launching in Japan at the same time as the US and Europe. Might not even launch this year, though my guess is the second to last week of December in Japan, and last week of October in US/EU.

Worldwide Studios are working on over 30 PS4 games.

1.Knack
2.Drive Club
3.Killzone:ShadowFall
4.InFamous:Second Son
5.The Order 1800

Still alot unknown

How do we clarify what is one of those 20 games? They are WWS games? Then does 1886 count, since Ready at Dawn is a second party developer, right? Or does it count because of SSM's involvement?

And when we will have some Vita games? Sony need to save this console!!! i really love the hardware, could be the best portable system ever but theres not much coming for it.

Squire

Banned
They announced a new NBA game.

And it's going to make them plenty of money. 2K isn't going to rush in to next-gen the same way Bethesda isn't going to rush out Fallout 4.

I really think SSM and Naughty Dog will be part of PS4's second year. For now, SSM is incubating The Order. I think that's gonna be it for a while.

Fine to be wrong though. UC3 is almost two years old, so they should have something to show.

zeopower6

And when we will have some Vita games? Sony need to save this console!!! i really love the hardware, could be the best portable system ever but theres not much coming for it.

I think Gamescom should probably have more Vita games. There's that third party title that Shahid was hinting at that still isn't revealed. x_x

Also, I'm pretty certain PS4 isn't launching in Japan at the same time as the US and Europe. Might not even launch this year, though my guess is the second to last week of December in Japan, and last week of October in US/EU.

Ahh, I think they just have Japan Studio and Polyphony. A new Ape Escape would be nice, uhuhu~

Chamber

love on your sleeve
SCEJ is just Polyphony and Japan Studio. Clap Hanz is 2nd party but they're no doubt working on Everybody's Golf for PS4.

Loudninja

How do we clarify what is one of those 20 games? They are WWS games? Then does 1886 count, since Ready at Dawn is a second party developer, right? Or does it count because of SSM's involvement?
It was in the PR so I guess they are included.

Top Bottom