• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More PS5 Game Reveals Are Coming, Says PlayStation Boss

thelastword

Banned
As part of the PlayStation 5 reveal event, Sony announced or showed off more than two-dozen new games for the next-generation console. This is just the beginning of what to expect in terms of games, according to PlayStation boss Jim Ryan. Ryan told the BBC that Sony chose to spotlight games big and small during its briefing to let people know there will be a wide variety of gameplay options on the console. But if you didn't see anything you like, Ryan stressed that more game reveals are coming.

"We wanted AAA games that would fully demonstrate the horsepower of the machine. But some of these smaller games are making very cool and innovative use of the new features of the console," he said. "So we allowed the show to give a sense of the sheer range of gameplay experience that will be available on PlayStation 5. And this is just the start. There are so many more games that we have in development."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/more-ps5-game-reveals-are-coming-says-playstation-/1100-6478362/

It's obvious they haven't shown all their cards yet.

Wait til July/August for the full reveal of the PlayStation 5.

giphy.gif

SleepDoctor

Banned
"We wanted AAA games that would fully demonstrate the horsepower of the machine".

If thats all you had to "fully demonstrate the horsepower of the machine", then thats not very impressive.

Also whatever whatever else comes next maybe even further away from being a launch title. Jim is really disappointing.

DeeDogg_

Banned
If that's all you've chosen to remember from their conference the other night then that's not their fault.
The fact that those games were even there in a debut showcase that was meant to demonstrate the power of their new system then it is their fault. On top of the idiot who greenlit the opening of the presentation by showing beta footage of GTAV from fucking 9 years ago
It was a sloppy presentation that could’ve been miles better.

EDMIX

Looking forward to more games/footage dropping throughout the summer. I think the event did a good job putting a variety of experiences out there, something for everyone.

Give me some next-gen MLB The Show, Sony. Pllllease

Agreed. oh wow I completely forgot about that IP lol

Sounds like they are saving a lot for later, which is crazy if you consider how wild that reveal was. I think they will show the next Call Of Duty at their event, MLB The Show, the rest of that GDC graphic showing BC to PS3-1 lol (we hope).

be like

3644975-etablrtu0ae8zfq.jpg

Last edited:

GHG

The fact that those games were even there in a debut showcase that was meant to demonstrate the power of their new system then it is their fault. On top of the idiot who greenlit the opening of the presentation by showing beta footage of GTAV from fucking 9 years ago

There's nothing wrong with some variety or giving select indie games some exposure. Had they only shown those games (along with GTA V, which is actually more on rockstar but that's a different discussion entirely) without any of the big hitters then you'd have a point.

DeeDogg_

Banned
There's nothing wrong with some variety or giving select indie games some exposure. Had they only shown those games (along with GTA V, which is actually more on rockstar but that's a different discussion entirely) without any of the big hitters then you'd have a point.
Fuck variety. If that’s their definition of variety, then fuck em too. They had no place being at that showcase especially after fans craving for months for next gen goodness. Nothing they showed blowed my mind but I guess that can also be blamed on diminishing returns.
Guess we have to wait another 2 years to truly get a real next gen game

REDRZA MWS

Looking forward to more games/footage dropping throughout the summer. I think the event did a good job putting a variety of experiences out there, something for everyone.

Maaaaaaaaaaan. I’m really hoping for a PS5 patch for mlb 20. A native 4k locked 60fps patch would be more than welcome. Honestly make my day 1 PS5 purchase worth it up front.

yurinka

Obviously, if they release a console is to release games or it. They just shown 25 games at the event, and PS4 has over 4000.

Regarding 1st/2nd party games, I doubt they will announce more game soon. They shown 9 at this event, enough for maybe the first couple of years of the console.

Sure, they must be working on God of War 2, Days Gone 2, extra Dreams stuff and maybe another game at Media Molecule, maybe some cool 2nd party game with RaD, Quantic Dream or From Software, and the Sony Japan teams who made Gravity Rush 2, LocoRoco and Puppeteer didn't release or announce anything since a lot of time ago. But they just announced a ton of stuff so I think they won't announce more 1st/2nd party stuff or AAA exclusive stuff for a while.

I'm sure they can make this summer another 1 hour long video showing gameplay from the games we saw in addition to upcoming great 3rd party games that Sony may have marketing deals with them like the typical CoD, FIFA 21, Rocksteady/Warner, Far Cry 6, Star Wars and so on plus some additional great timed exclusive indies. But before that, I think they should address other topics.

But before seeing more games, I think that in their next couple of videos they should talk about PS5 plans for PS Plus, PS Now, Remote Play, backwards compatibility details (are games going to work exactly like in PS4? is there going to be boost mode? are all games going to get a 4K upgrade? improved framerate? Improved loading speed? are going to be PS4Pro-like free patches for at least some games? how many BC are we going to get at launch or at least how many of them have been approved until now?), OS UI and features, PSN Store UI and speed, PSN overall speed, if they plan to be open for crossplay with everyone since day one, etc.

Maaaaaaaaaaan. I’m really hoping for a PS5 patch for mlb 20. A native 4k locked 60fps patch would be more than welcome. Honestly make my day 1 PS5 purchase worth it up front.
Do we have any oficial information of if there's going to be PS4Pro-like free upgrade patches for PS5? As I understood we only had BC confirmation in one side (with no mention of a PS4Pro-like Boost Mode to reduce loading times, increase framerate in some cases, etc.), and in a separated side PS4 games that will be sold separatedly as PS5 games featuring improvements, and in some cases featuring some sort of crossbuy (you buy the PS4 game and get the PS5 version for free).

I think the GTAV portion would have been better removing the whole PS4 footage portion and just keep a few seconds the text message saying that a remastered and expanded version was coming to PS5 and that people was going to get GTAOnline free during 3 months.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

I can’t not wait to see some MLB. It’s going to look remarkable, and instant loading will be sublime. There’s gonna be a lot more real life MLB features integration as well me thinks.

Last edited:
This isn’t about console wars. This is about both companies showing us true generational leaps. Not high school furries and PS3 bug games

I mean if all your interested in are Furries and Insects more power to you but I saw some other really interesting looking games during the stream.

I have to admit one of my favorite games was a furry one.

EaRE2ljWsAA5ubW.jpeg

I thought the game looked pretty amazing alongside Horizon Zero Dawn 2. I also liked Demon Souls but I didn't see enough to come to a conclusion.

Guess we have to wait another 2 years to truly get a real next gen game

I won't have to wait two years for a real next gen game. I'm pretty sure that within the first year I'll be able to pick one up. Maybe even at launch.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Obviously, if they release a console is to release games or it. They just shown 25 games at the event, and PS4 has over 4000.

Regarding 1st/2nd party games, I doubt they will announce more game soon. They shown 9 at this event, enough for maybe the first couple of years of the console.

Sure, they must be working on God of War 2, Days Gone 2, extra Dreams stuff and maybe another game at Media Molecule, maybe some cool 2nd party game with RaD, Quantic Dream or From Software, and the Sony Japan teams who made Gravity Rush 2, LocoRoco and Puppeteer didn't release or announce anything since a lot of time ago. But they just announced a ton of stuff so I think they won't announce more 1st/2nd party stuff or AAA exclusive stuff for a while.

I'm sure they can make this summer another 1 hour long video showing gameplay from the games we saw in addition to upcoming great 3rd party games that Sony may have marketing deals with them like the typical CoD, FIFA 21, Far Cry 6, Star Wars and so on plus some additional great timed exclusive indies. But before that, I think they should address other topics.

But before seeing more games, I think that in their next couple of videos they should talk about PS5 plans for PS Plus, PS Now, Remote Play, backwards compatibility details (are games going to work exactly like in PS4? is there going to be boost mode? are all games going to get a 4K upgrade? improved framerate? Improved loading speed? are going to be PS4Pro-like free patches for at least some games? how many BC are we going to get at launch or at least how many of them have been approved until now?), OS UI and features, PSN Store UI and speed, PSN overall speed, if they plan to be open for crossplay with everyone since day one, etc.
Give me that days gone 2.
I had soo much fun with ps4 exclusives this gen the fact that all those titles get sequels assures me that i will have lots of good times with ps5.
Well unless cratos will be replaces with some transformer ...sorry transgender or lgbtquioc he she it

Matsuchezz

Agreed. oh wow I completely forgot about that IP lol

Sounds like they are saving a lot for later, which is crazy if you consider how wild that reveal was. I think they will show the next Call Of Duty at their event, MLB The Show, the rest of that GDC graphic showing BC to PS3-1 lol (we hope).

be like

3644975-etablrtu0ae8zfq.jpg

That would be so cool, but I am afraid it will not happen, and if it does I believe that the digital version PS5 will not allow BC disc based for obvious reasons. So if BC becomes a reality with all legacy PS games it will have to be digital and that will make everything more complex. Either way I am not worried about that i am good with all new games on PS5 and PS4 BC they have to start somewhere.

DeeDogg_

Banned
I think the GTAV portion would have been better removing the whole PS4 footage portion and just keep a few seconds the text message saying that a remastered and expanded version was coming to PS5 and that people was going to get GTAOnline free during 3 months.
It didn’t even have to be there. It literally told us nothing. It was just there because they expected us to cream out pants over an old ass milked to death game

yurinka

If thats all you had to "fully demonstrate the horsepower of the machine", then thats not very impressive.
Yes, Horizon II, GT7 or Ratched looked like a PS1, for sure! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Native 4K at with raytracing reflections? Loading giant levels in a second or two? Great global illumination? Insane level of detail at 60fps? That's crap, my Commodore Amiga can do this!

Last edited:

DeeDogg_

Banned
Another fucking sleep cell alt account shit with 400 posts in 2 years.

If you say ps5 show didnt show anything true next gen then what you call the xshow.

Gtfo here
“You don’t love my corporation! Let’s get to the bottom of this....*goes through account and post count like a maniacal idiot* “

Again. Get Jimbos rod out of your mouth and fucking read what I said. It’s. Not. About. Console. Wars.

Both showings were subpar

INC

“You don’t love my corporation! Let’s get to the bottom of this....*goes through account and post count like a maniacal idiot* “

Again. Get Jimbos rod out of your mouth and fucking read what I said. It’s. Not. About. Console. Wars.

All 3 if you include pc as well

thelastword

Banned
It's like I said yesterday, we all know they have more to show.....I think too some of these games shown yesterday are even more advanced now or will be more advanced in development next time they are shown....

We still need to see Miles Morales Spiderman swinging through the city and observe how detailed the city is and the vast range and variety in visuals on display. We need to see the high rez textures in play and effects and the reflection and lighting quality they can now implement via Raytracing.

I think too, GT still has some GTS background assets, Lighting and Raytraced Reflections are in, Cloud Cover is in. They still have to implement the SSD strengths, for environmental detail and textures, next gen foliage is partially in, so there's still work to be done, even on the games that were shown, that's despite how impressive they look now. This will indeed lead up to even more impressive enhancements the closer these games are to release day or when next we see them....

Then of course with bated breath we anticipate a million other rumored games. Like Silent Hill, the next Castlevania, rumors of Jak and Legacy of Kain remakes......Maybe Resistance Remasters......We also know that a new Killzone is in the works and rumors of San Diego working on the next Uncharted. Studio Japan's next game, London Studio's next game and of course not forgetting Pixel Opus after the stunning Concrete Genie......

Then we have the heavy weights of ND and Santa Monica still to show next gen, Sucker Punch is just as heavy after what we've seen of Tsushima. Maybe we will see those next year, but they will have remasters of their current games coming.....Yet for now, we also have Kojima already working on his next title. Of course we can anticipate the games RAD and David Cage are working on and lets not forget Media Molecule......They will definitely have something to show soon. Then we have the third party exclusives. Tecmo is so huggable to Sony these days with the Nioh series, Capcom with SF and lets not forget From with Bloodborne 2...….

Kagero

The more I think about it, the more impressed I am with what Sony showed. It was a solid showcase of games. I'm so happy they are focusing on indie devs again. The console is beginning to grow on me. The sheer size of it will be mighty impressive in person I believe. I just think the Unreal demo set everyone's expectations very high, but looking back at it now. It was a big stage E3 level showing. The best part is. It isn't even over yet.

SleepDoctor

Banned
Yes, Horizon II, GT7 or Ratched looked like a PS1, for sure! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Native 4K at with raytracing reflections? Loading giant levels in a second or two? Great global illumination? Insane level of detail at 60fps? That's crap, my Commodore Amiga can do this!

Your little warrior helmet is on a bit tight lol. I've already mentioned what I liked from the show. Sorry your feelings were hurt.

bitbydeath

No they weren’t.
If anything it proved the majority of PS5 games will be 4K and not lower as people were expecting Xbox to capitalise on that area.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Another fucking sleep cell alt account shit with 400 posts in 2 years.

If you say ps5 show didnt show anything true next gen then what you call the xshow.

Gtfo here

You can your opinions into the ether without the overly antagonistic signal to noise ratio.

I suggest tuning that going forward.

Jtibh

Banned
"We wanted AAA games that would fully demonstrate the horsepower of the machine".

Also whatever whatever else comes next maybe even further away from being a launch title. Jim is really disappointing.
I rewatched all the trailers in 4k.

I understand that some of the games dont look a like a big jump though that would be down to the mechanics that makes them look current gen.

Horizon could never be done on current gen and to me at least it was a big step in visuals.

Stray looked amazing as well.

I say there is still some juice left in both consoles to push everything even further but we cant expect a lot from ps5 and xsx at the beginning. If these games release within a year of launch you know they were in development for at least 3 to 4years before final specs were given to each console.

The bottom line is we had the same assumptions last gen where oh the games are the same just at 1080p and look now at gears 5 and tlou2.

SleepDoctor

Banned
I rewatched all the trailers in 4k.

I understand that some of the games dont look a like a big jump though that would be down to the mechanics that makes them look current gen.

Horizon could never be done on current gen and to me at least it was a big step in visuals.

Stray looked amazing as well.

I say there is still some juice left in both consoles to push everything even further but we cant expect a lot from ps5 and xsx at the beginning. If these games release within a year of launch you know they were in development for at least 3 to 4years before final specs were given to each console.

The bottom line is we had the same assumptions last gen where oh the games are the same just at 1080p and look now at gears 5 and tlou2.

The gripe is with the ""We wanted AAA games that would fully demonstrate the horsepower of the machine" statement.

I don't think all those indie games demonstrated much. And surely they didn't look impossible on this gen.

Horizon and R & C were the highlight of the show. And while they looked great, they looked out of place with a bunch of indie games on the same show.

Maybe it'd of been better if they separated AAA and indies for different shows or 1st and 3rd party.

Jtibh

Banned
You can your opinions into the ether without the overly antagonistic signal to noise ratio.

I suggest tuning that going forward.
No sorry read all his previous posts its clear he is in here to start stuff.

Maybe my response to him was a reflection of all these trolls showing up who were inactive for months or years but they always land in sony threads where we discuss peacefuly the actual topic.

Do what ever you want to me but i think its time to get some sanity back in these threads

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
No sorry read all his previous posts its clear he is in here to start stuff.

Maybe my response to him was a reflection of all these trolls showing up who were inactive for months or years but they always land in sony threads where we discuss peacefuly the actual topic.

Do what ever you want to me but i think its time to get some sanity back in these threads

No action was taken to either one of your accounts. Just dropping a note about antagonism and insults.

If the insults and trolling continues beyond this point, report and it will be dealt with.

yurinka

Your little warrior helmet is on a bit tight lol. I've already mentioned what I liked from the show. Sorry your feelings were hurt.
Well, I don't know who is the warrior here starting with sentences like "If thats all you had to "fully demonstrate the horsepower of your machine", then thats not very impressive."

C'mon, they shown plenty of impressive stuff. Soon people will start looting malls again but this time because they are trying to find PS5s. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
The gripe is with the ""We wanted AAA games that would fully demonstrate the horsepower of the machine" statement.

I don't think all those indie games demonstrated much. And surely they didn't look impossible on this gen.

Horizon and R & C were the highlight of the show. And while they looked great, they looked out of place with a bunch of indie games on the same show.

Maybe it'd of been better if they separated AAA and indies for different shows or 1st and 3rd party.
I actualy didnt mind the indie titles. But yeah fuck the gta5 thing. That was a clear marketing contract flexing nothing else.

Lets just say and for what reason i dont know but neither sony or microsoft are ready for next gen and thats a shame given the extra time they had vs previous gen.

I get your frustration but hey the best isbyet to come.

And my backlog is soo full i dont mind waiting for some real hardcore true next gen aaa titles

thelastword

Banned
No they weren’t.
If anything it proved the majority of PS5 games will be 4K and not lower as people were expecting Xbox to capitalise on that area.
Well you have to understand the people saying PS5 games would be less than 4K, were never logical or technically minded and they usually denied all discussions and extrapolations of the custom PS5 hardware, the sheer speed of the GPU and the strengths of the SSD. In truth, you know who they are, but besides technical hardware. I think Sony embraced multiple games, because the PS5 is more than just high resolutions, RT, fast loading and high framerates or even newer game design methods. It's also about experiencing unique feedback through the controller which has not been experienced or previewed by gamers yet, it's also about the 3D audio where many have not used a headset to see how rich these aspects of gaming have become here. So the visuals are great, we know, that's guaranteed, they're hitting 4k with RT, many of us knew that, some downplayed it..….But when people start speaking of the way the controller plays these games of how immersive the audio is in previews and first hand, together with the visuals, people will finally understand what this new gen brings....

To make this work, variety of games is essential, A smaller indie studio might do more neat things with the controller than we see implemented in the next COD as an example, we may experience new sound quirks and immersion never experienced before when we don our headsets next gen, even the camera may lead to new mechanics in some games. So yes, it's more than rez and rt, and I'm so happy I got to see Kena, because that encapsulates all the PS5 strengths, Highly detailed worlds, excellent visuals and great use of the controller features, as detailed by the dev and of course very neat sound effects, environmental etc....,It's the total package and I think that game showed off PS5 capability really really well...….After seeing that game, the PS5 is basically screaming for a Folklore 2 to be developed...…...Apart from that, I think indies will really shine on PS5. Cant wait to see the innovation there...…..

Speaking of which, the gravity Rush devs should kick some serious ass on PS5 and David Cage should literally make CGI in realtime. I cant wait to see what David comes up with this technology, controller, 3D audio and the SSD......

Top Bottom