• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More PS5 Game Reveals Are Coming, Says PlayStation Boss

Klayzer

Should i spin it like all the others that scream gameplay???
Horizon 2 does not count no gameplay. Unreal 5 demo does not count cuz no gameplay.

But hb2 that was a 25fps video not even 30fps check digital foundry is above all?

Nah. Lets not go there.

But i do believe hb2 will look like that
I hope Ninja Theory understands the pressure a lot of Xbox fans are putting on Hellblade 2. Who knew so many Xbox fans were into cinematic story third person games. Most looked at those types of games with contemp. I'm curious what has changed their minds so suddenly.

Psykodad

Banned
I hope Ninja Theory understands the pressure a lot of Xbox fans are putting on Hellblade 2. Who knew so many Xbox fans were into cinematic story third person games. Most looked at those types of games with contemp. I'm curious what has changed their minds so suddenly.
We all know what changed their mind. Lol

Hellblade 2 will be amazing, no doubt about that.
But the hypocrisy will be glorious. Too bad lots of xbox fans got banned, I'd loved to see their 180.

ToadMan

1. Console exclusive.
2.Thats subjective. What games are you referring to exactly? And many of those are timed exclusives and are ALSO coming to PC if you want to play that game
3. Again, Many XB1 gamers will buy a XSX just to play the inevitable superior XSX version.
4.TLOU2 comes out in a week. It will be an old game by Holiday. Halo Infinite will be a brand new game thats highly anticipated and been in development for over 5 years.
5. No I don't. As I think Halo Infinite XSX version will be a bigger deal than Rathet or a Spiderman expansion(probably crossgen according to DF)

343 has around 500-600 devs working on Halo Infinite. They have PLENTY of resources to take advantage of XSX.

I can summarise your post - “I like Xbox, therefore its good”.

You have no objectivity - that’s why your points are incoherent. I’m a gamer - I’m don’t care about Sony or MS - I go where the games are.

I understand you hope that list will play to Xbox favour.

The numbers don’t lie though as has already been demonstrated this last few weeks.

Ultimately, 15% won’t matter, Halo stopped being relevant years ago, and MS purchased their first parties too late to improve the Xsex launch - that’s why there’s so much cross gen talk.

Posting list wars and hunting for some secret magic doesn’t help out there in the big wide world.

If any further proof were needed just compare what MS showed at the May reveal. There is no special graphical power coming - MS have to survive on the quality of their games and that means the quality of their first party.

Throwing more people and money at something doesn’t make it successful when the concept is flawed. If it did I’d be using an MS phone, using my MS sound system watching stuff on an MS TV through my Xbox.

ZywyPL

Banned
Need a big mp shooter, or GoW style game

Fuck, nice reminder - 2h show and not a single MP game... Granted, I was expecting this given PS4 library and complete focus on SP experience, but c'mon, how can they be charging people for playing online while not offering anything by themselves... At least remaster KZ2 and Res3 and we're good to go.

Klayzer

We all know what changed their mind. Lol

Hellblade 2 will be amazing, no doubt about that.
But the hypocrisy will be glorious. Too bad lots of xbox fans got banned, I'd loved to see their 180.
Too much. Went from SJW, cinematic garbage, third person samey to openly touting a similar style game.

Bryank75

Banned
I
Phil said he couldn't say for 100% certainty that it would launch this holiday. We just have to wait and see.
Why does it have to stand up to TLOU2? Halo Infinte is a holiday launch title. TLOU2 is launching in a week.
Did you just ignore Forza Motorsport 8 and Gears Tactics(which has not released on Xbox yet)? And we have not even seen the July event to know what else MS has cooking up.

I think XSX is in great shape and certaintly significantly better than the 2013 XB1 launch were it was 50% weaker and hundred bucks more.

So to summarize.
1. XSX most powerful(resolutiongate no more)
2. The biggest launch exclusive for any platform (Halo Infinite) a reboot that on a new slip engine
3. Price factor. Will it launch same price at PS5? Lower? Up in the air
4.Lockhart. Will MS finally unveil Lockhart soon. Will it launch alongside XSX/PS5?

Interesting times
If only any of that mattered...

bitbydeath

Fuck, nice reminder - 2h show and not a single MP game... Granted, I was expecting this given PS4 library and complete focus on SP experience, but c'mon, how can they be charging people for playing online while not offering anything by themselves... At least remaster KZ2 and Res3 and we're good to go.

There were a few MP games.
Destruction AllStars for example.

Bryank75

Banned
Destruction Allstars? From many of the team that made PGR

bitbydeath

3. Again, Many XB1 gamers will buy a XSX just to play the inevitable superior XSX version.

As pointed out earlier the multi platform games appear to be 4K on PS5 and we already know PS5 can handle better textures and more on screen at once so multi plats may end up looking better on PS5 after all.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned

I wanted a big exclusive AAA shooter with MP as well but we did actually get an exclusive MP game in this conference... Destruction Allstars

Yeah it's not a shooter and yeah I get that people are put off by the Fortnite art style but the gameplay looked fun, the developers behind it have a great pedigree (Project Gotham Racing, Motorstorm and Wipeout series) and it will have a huge online multiplayer focus.

I get your point though lol

The numbers don’t lie though as has already been demonstrated this last few weeks.

What numbers? You are just saying things without proving anything.
[/QUOTE]

Ultimately, 15% won’t matter, Halo stopped being relevant years ago, and MS purchased their first parties too late to improve the Xsex launch - that’s why there’s so much cross gen talk.
What are you talking about 15%? Do you mean the power difference? Lol the power difference is much bigger than that. And Halo doesn't matter?

Is this that why, when MS released the old halo games on steam they were on top day one:

You are just spreading fud, bro.

Posting list wars and hunting for some secret magic doesn’t help out there in the big wide world.

Well, what are you doing different? Only spreading FUD, zero evidence, just plain bullshit and lies.

If any further proof were needed just compare what MS showed at the May reveal. There is no special graphical power coming - MS have to survive on the quality of their games and that means the quality of their first party.

Compare it to what? They only showed third party games. They will show first party in July.
The games MS showed there are close to launch, not something that is going to be released in 2021 or 2022 or games that don't even have a title, just a project name. lol
You have to wait for july to see their first party games.

Throwing more people and money at something doesn’t make it successful when the concept is flawed. If it did I’d be using an MS phone, using my MS sound system watching stuff on an MS TV through my Xbox.

What about XSX is flawed? What are you talking about? It's the most powerful console ever and much smaller than their competitor. It might be even much cheaper, so again, what are you talking about?

Again, you’re not comparing like for like.

If you want to talk about 1st party next gen exclusives. MS has zero.

What game sony showed is going to be released before November 2021 and is exclusive to PS5? (Without counting pre-installed mini games or standalone dlc games.
[/QUOTE]

If you want to talk about Xsex cross gen, then Sony has more and better cross gen right now.

No, thing is, MS is releasing their crossgen games until november 2021, and they release their crossgen games the same day on XSX. It's not like sony where we are having a game releasing now and 6 months later on PS5. Those games, don't matter, they are old already.

Come launch period - they could buy an Xsex to play halo. A game they can play on their xb1 or PC.

Or PS5 and play TLOU2, GOT, Spider-Man not to mention the 3rd party launch titles Sony has.
PSNow is a thing though. They could play TLOU2 and GOT also on PS4. And Spider-man? Well, we don't even know yet if its exclusive to PS5. It might come to PS4 too. It uses still the same assets.

See the problem? Buying a PS5 gets access to new stuff - buying an Xsex gets access to stuff available elsewhere.

What problem though? MS is giving gamers a choice. They are giving them investment protection.
They are not forcing gamers to get a nextgen console to play artificial next-gen games. Most of the games shown could be easily done on PS4, just look at sackboy, or GT7, or spider-man, which is using the same assets, don't think that this will convince gamers.

Oh and there’s no secret second team working on Halo. If I were an MS developer I wouldn’t want anything to do with it under 343 - MS have a habit of shutting down studios that don’t perform.

What does this even mean? Lol Let's until july, ok?

Hostile_18

Banned
Shinobi (Insider) made a statement suggesting people wait to see the official launch lineup of the PS5 before assuming Spider Man Morales is the "anchor" game.

This suggests to me that it's possible Sony held back a card or two for an August event.

Hmm doesn't he just work for Gamestop? (Or am I thinking of someone else?). That aside I can't think of a Sony game that has been announced with only a few montha until release?

I'd love to be wrong but if Sony had another massive game ready for launch it would of been in this showcase IMO.

Jtibh

Banned
WHAT!? You’ve gotta be yankin my meat stick right?

P6lndKM.jpg

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Hmm doesn't he just work for Gamestop? (Or am I thinking of someone else?). That aside I can't think of a Sony game that has been announced with only a few montha until release?

I'd love to be wrong but if Sony had another massive game ready for launch it would of been in this showcase IMO.

Not sure how he gets his info.but he seems to be reputable.

Note: It could also mean some other titles shown at the conference are actually going to be launch titles.

Last edited:

FUBARx89

Man the furry game really did trigger a lot of people.

"they showed spiderm..."

c7eedb6ede9c964f0614a120667b0f26.jpg

BUT THE FURRY GAME!

"they also showed ratchet and..."

rage-comic-internet-meme-trollface-know-your-meme-face.jpg

BUT THE FURRY GAME!

"there was also Demon's Souls, Resident evil 8, Horizon Zero..."

DON'T YOU GET IT...!
b30f0c37df8d2c3a69fe777f4386079e.jpg

THEY SHOWED A FURRY GAME!!!

I just didn't get it, what is it? what do you do in it? I wouldn't of thought what the fuck is this if I knew what it was. All I got was it's wierd dolphin looking things, with a monologue about leaving forever high or whatever it was called.

I know as much about that as we know about Pragmata and that's not really a good thing for a console reveal.

But when it comes to PlayStation Studios Sony already showed everything that's in development didn't they? If they have still unannounced games those are the multiplatform ones right?

Top Bottom