• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Rayman Legends media released: 5 screens and boxart... No port begging

AzaK

The way I see it they basically mean it's exclusive to Wii U this Christmas. Anyway I'm getting a Wii U just for this game so I'm not too bothered but I'm sure everyone else will be enjoying Rayman Legends in sometime 2013.

Exactly. I'll get it too I think, play it and move on to something else. Strange how that works aye?

spwolf

it looks awesome... i am glad everyone can agree now that nice graphics are important part of gaming experience.

RagnarokX

I haven't played Rayman Origins yet, so I believe you when you say that this kind of problem doesn't exist on these games. But let me try to explain my point a bit better. Look at this:

What part of the ground can you land on there? 1 or 2? There's a kinda large gap between them that could potentially throw me off.

It could be #3, the part Globox appears to be biting.

Oersted

The way I see it they basically mean it's exclusive to Wii U this Christmas. Anyway I'm getting a Wii U just for this game so I'm not too bothered but I'm sure everyone else will be enjoying Rayman Legends in sometime 2013.

Joystiq: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/15/ra...i-u-exclusive/

"We asked Ubisoft for clarification just to make super extra sure, and were told that "yes, Rayman Legends is a Wii U exclusive. It will be releasing in Holiday 2012.""

The "we want rayman legends on ps360 desperation" strikes again

jerd

I haven't played Rayman Origins yet, so I believe you when you say that this kind of problem doesn't exist on these games. But let me try to explain my point a bit better. Look at this:

What part of the ground can you land on there? 1 or 2? There's a kinda large gap between them that could potentially throw me off.

This is actually really interesting. Without Globox it might be hard to tell. All I can say is, it is probably more apparent in the flow of the game because I never even questioned a landing point in Origins.

Lijik

It could be #3, the part Globox appears to be biting.

Yeah basically.
To me the two parts you outlined dont read as playable because they're jutting out to the foreground and are small, so not really the main chunk of rock. But again Im kind of trained from Origins to be able to easily pick out whats the "Middle ground" and thus playable area is. I can definitely see where you're coming from now though, Rafaelcsa. To your point in your first post, I think its something that'll make more sense when you play it and get a feel for it. Especially for someone in your case who hasn't played Origins yet.

Xav

Explain, in detail, how this game will work on PS3 or 360?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh6Erf5FFJE

aSpg5.jpg

Yeah basically.
To me the two parts you outlined dont read as playable because they're jutting out to the foreground and are small, so not really the main chunk of rock. But again Im kind of trained from Origins to be able to easily pick out whats the "Middle ground" and thus playable area is. I can definitely see where you're coming from now though, Rafaelcsa. To your point in your first post, I think its something that'll make more sense when you play it and get a feel for it. Especially for someone in your case who hasn't played Origins yet.

This is interesting because it brings up a point about whether a 2d platformer can become "too detailed" with things that actually obscures platforming. I don't think Origins reached that, but it's certainly a counterargument to this kind of style.

This game will be on Xbox or PlayStation console in less than 18 months, possibly with additional features and levels. They'll tweak the controls a little, but it's going to other platforms. I have no doubt about this.

Looks like a great launch game for Wii-U.

pramath

Banned
This game will be on Xbox or PlayStation console in less than 18 months, possibly with additional features and levels. They'll tweak the controls a little, but it's going to other platforms. I have no doubt about this.

I would really hate to have to wait 18 months to play an old game with content stripped out of it.

Hopefully they come up with something new.

Hex

Banned
It looks fantastic, and should be even better in motion but why do people always have to ruin threads by posting something stupid like "Best ever??"
Why can people not just enjoy something without hyperbole?

pramath

Banned
It looks fantastic, and should be even better in motion but why do people always have to ruin threads by posting something stupid like "Best ever??"

I think it's most beautiful game I've ever seen.

I don't think it's out of line me for me to pose it as a question.

I think it's most beautiful game I've ever seen.

I don't think it's out of line me for me to pose it as a question.

Surely you must know that it will rub some people the wrong way? I shook my head when I read the thread title because I knew what was going to happen.

I would really hate to have to wait 18 months to play an old game with content stripped out of it.

Hopefully they come up with something new.

I don't really view it that way. If I get a Wii-U, I will likely get this game with it. If I wait to get new console from Microsoft/Sony, I don't think this is the type of game that I will be upset at myself for missing day one. This is the sort of game that I buy and casually play with my wife while sitting on the couch. It's not the sort of thing that I need to have day 1 to rush through all the content.

I don't know what you mean by "with content stripped out of it". I said the opposite, that it would probably have additional content and some tweaked controls.

pramath

Banned
Surely you must know that it will rub some people the wrong way? I shook my head when I read the thread title because I knew what was going to happen.

The game is so stunning I feel it begs the question.

If that rubs anyone the wrong way, it's there problem not mine :p

I haven't seen much bickering in this thread regarding that comment though... it's mostly been an overwhelmingly positive reception with some scattered port begging here and there.

Silvawuff

Is there a Rayman cycle? I think it goes like this:

1. Everyone raves over preview media.
2. Game comes out, few day one it due to price point or "It's just a platformer."
3. Price drops a month later. More jump in and enjoy game.
4. Price drops again five months later. Game ported to every platform that can support it.
5. Next Rayman announced. Cycle begins anew.

2. Game comes out, few day one it due to price point or "It's just a platformer."
4. Price drops again five months later. Game ported to every platform that can support it.

This.

Vibed

Don't things like this happen with a lot of games...?

Wow! That looks amazing. Sadly I am not much of a fan of the character designs. Everyone has these shitfaced grins that irritate the hell at me for some reason.

MrBS

I've put my rayman/multiplayer loving crew on notice that I'll have this day one with whatever other accessories I need to make five player multiplayer a reality. They just have to turn up. I asked nicely the first time. Next time it will be threats! This will happen!

big_z

just finished origins tonight. this looks like a nice step up visually but if they dont improve the gameplay its not worth it imo. donkey kong country returns set a new standard for platformers, and origins wasnt even as good as the uninspired and bland NSMB games. level design and controls need much improvement before rayman can be top tier.

pramath

Banned
just finished origins tonight. this looks like a nice step up visually but if they dont improve the gameplay its not worth it imo. donkey kong country returns set a new standard for platformers, and origins wasnt even as good as the uninspired and bland NSMB games. level design and controls need much improvement before rayman can be top tier.

I thought the level design in Origins was brilliant. Actually I'm still on the last level and can't beat it. I'm frustrated with it but I can't get over how masterfully it was designed.

Rayman Origins controls like a goddamn dream. Such easy, beautiful transitions between jumping, running, sliding, attacking, etc. And no waggle required!

Bgamer90

Banned
Spinoff? People are asking for this very game. It does nothing but derail the thread. That's why port begging is a bannable offence here.

The game would obviously have to get rid of the Wii U controller features so if it was ported it would more than likely have a special subtitle or name ("spinoff").

Anyways, people wanting a 3rd party game to come out for a system that they own so that they wouldn't have to buy a $300+ system that they aren't interested in just to play it is considered "ban worthy"? Wow. I did not know that. If anything it would make more sense for people to get banned in here for Mario comparisons...

Video games. Serious business.

Lijik

Anyway, the game looks stunning, ubisoft should license the hell of this engine, we need more 2d games like this.

Its supposed to eventually be released for free in some fashion. Something like the french government helped fund it, and that was part of the agreement so it could be used for educational purposes.

apana

The game would obviously have to get rid of the Wii U controller features so if it was ported it would more than likely have a special subtitle or name ("spinoff").

Anyways, people wanting a 3rd party game to come out for a system that they own so that they wouldn't have to buy a $300+ system that they aren't interested in just to play it is considered "ban worthy"? Wow. I did not know that. If anything it would make more sense for people to get banned in here for Mario comparisons...

Video games. Serious business.

Eh..the whole spinoff thing seems like a bit of a stretch. Also asking for ports simply adds nothing to threads and tends to ruin the discussion, I think that is why mods are strict about it. I still remember how many people fell for Epic Mickey lol. Comparing games is not a big deal.

pramath

Banned
Its supposed to eventually be released for free in some fashion. Something like the french government helped fund it, and that was part of the agreement so it could be used for educational purposes.

I can't wait until I play games like this on my phone :p

Shiggy

Easy, the things the second player is doing on the touchscreen will just happen automatically, or the ports won't have that co-op mode.

That's hopefully how it works in singleplayer.

And the co-op mode would work in a great way with Kinect ... not really

zoukka

Because they are opinions and you shouldn't be offended by them.

Top Bottom