• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Demo impressions thread

strideramc

Good first episode. I won't lie and and say I wasn't hoping for some ninja action from this first episode though. Looking forward to the upcoming weeks.

So how many episodes are coming out of this? I'm guessing 8 or 10 which would make it long enough to be cut together as a film for DVD + BluRay.

S1kkZ

nice episode. the setting was a little cheap but the editing and camerawork was pretty good.
the onlything i am worried about are the costumes. the mask we see in the beginning looks really awful.

RustyNails said:
Wow. Don't...play as Kratos then? Or don't buy PS3 version?

This is the first negative viewpoint I've seen about Kratos in MK. His inclusion has been universally praised on gaming forums and elsewhere.
I just hope he doesn't show up anywhere unless specifically chosen.

sleepykyo

bathala said:
not bad, but I was expecting the gritty re imagining of MK
Well Mortal Kombat? the tv series ? started off relatively light note and ended on a different note as Shao Kahn showed off his various souvenirs .

Mr_Zombie

bangladesh said:
This is some bullshit. Kratos.. does not belong in MK. He is such an annoying character. And he is shown in the above links as a big bad newcomer everyone else should fear. No. It also looks like the GOW timed triangle, x, o buttons will be floating around in-game for his convenience, too. Fuck Kratos. Who decided to bring this nuisance into MK?

Look at the bright side: you can use him as a punching bag and perform every fatality on him. This is the only time when you can literally rip him apart, burn him to death, chop his head off etc. :D

bangladesh said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbwALe_qBaY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYvyjMgaBC8&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_491372

This is some bullshit. Kratos.. does not belong in MK. He is such an annoying character. And he is shown in the above links as a big bad newcomer everyone else should fear. No. It also looks like the GOW timed triangle, x, o buttons will be floating around in-game for his convenience, too. Fuck Kratos. Who decided to bring this nuisance into MK?

Oh boo hoo, go fucking cry about it. The QTEs were only for a throw, is that a big deal really?

Top Bottom