• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition |OT| Because "ultimate" is so 1995.

GrayFoxPL

Alright, so now i am up to Shao Kahn in what i am guessing is the final fight...

yeah, needless to say, i am pissed now since i tried to beat him for the last, say, 3 hours? no dice.

I literally tried EVERY fucking strategy that has been posted on forums, googled for an hour alone and tried staying far away, shooting bolts, waiting for the hammer throw, teleporting and uppercutting or sweeping him etc, tried being close up jumping over his head sweeping or kicking him, waiting for his taunts to go off then fly towards him and smash him into the walls.

Do all of these moves work? Sure they do...

Do they work consistently? No fucking way, and THAT is what he gets me with.. EVERY.SINGLE.FUCKING.TIME >:O(

In the end, it is ALWAYS Shao Khan who wins since one or two of his moves take off almost half my health oftentimes while i chip away at his bar like an idiot trying to be patient!

And no i am NOT about to turn down the difficulty, that son of a bitch is going down sometime (either that or my controller shall meet it's end)

Story mode?

Wait, sweeping? This isn't MK2. Strategy on MK9 Kahn is the same - get close keep jumping over him until he whiffs a move then combo(juggle) him, get close and over again. Raiden has teleport so it's easy to avoid Shao's projectiles from full screen. But seriously it's just jump over + combo. That "invulnerability" of his and other bosses is just in front that's why you attack him from the back, then he eats hits like a normal character minus the damage.

easier said than done i guess... maybe it's just me but i feel that he ALWAYS has a counter for pretty much every move i do, except sometimes which is why i DO manage to get him to half health or below even but beating him is extremely fucking rare let alone beat him on 2 out of 3!

and yes this is story mode on normal :(

any tips of "comboing" him ? I can teleport behind him then use an uppercut to get him in the air but then he's already too far away to keep juggling him, maybe i am doing it wrong hmm...

update:

nevermind i BEAT that shithead, finally!!!

used a combination of teleports plus uppercuts plus... ah fuck it i guess i just got lucky lol

anyway!

shaowebb

I just got this and I have to say I am very impressed. I was on the fence, but after seeing it two years in a row on stream from EVO and after talking around about Injustice:Gods Among Us for so long on Test Your Might forums I took the plunge today.

Game is great. The level of single player content is incredible, the story is great, and the game itself has a ton of depth to it. Breakers are a bit too much of a meter deterrent since why go for much else, but overall this game is a blast and is super competitive in how it feels with its tools.

I have to say its probably the best impulse pickup I caved on late. Makes me even more eager for Injustice to hit. Till then I'll be using the awesome that is Smoke's teleport projectile to have fun with. This and KoF XIII are now my main games till Injustice arrives.

Archon473

Breakers are a bit too much of a meter deterrent since why go for much else,

It really depends from character to character. Some characters have many ways to confirm hits and hit like behemoths; Smoke and Cyrax can sustain a 40% combo because for one meter, they can both take 70%. Using breakers for position is more common than using them to negate damage. It matters whether the character needs a move that costs meter, be it one bar or three, to earn damage.

Using breakers for position is more common than using them to negate damage.

No way. You use breaker more to avoid damage. Sometimes breakers are good for positioning, like with Kitana if I break in the corner I can use Square Boost to get out. That's just a bonus though, I'd never use two bars just to get out of the corner.

The meter managment in this game is well balanced. Breakers are important but so are EX moves for most of the cast. Almost everyone has one or two that are key moves. With Kitana I use EX fan constantly. My bnb off a 2,1 uses it. I also use EX lift as anti-air or a wakeup attack fairly often. EX moves used as wakeup attacks have more invincibiity frames than regular specials.

X-Ray is the lease used out of the 3 ways to spend meter. Many of them are still pretty good though, it's character dependant.

fernoca

PS3 or 360? Is there any real difference outside the controls? And is anyone even online anymore?
Online's not as packed, but yeah ther're peopel playign still.

Both versiosn are technically the same, though only differences...
Xbox 360:
-Looks sharper

PS3:
-One stage (Shao Kahn's throne room) is sub-HD
-Playable Kratos (along Ladder Mode ending, alt costume, 2 fatalities and Babality)
-God of War stage (with a stage fatality)
-3D-TV compatible

update:

nevermind i BEAT that shithead, finally!!!

used a combination of teleports plus uppercuts plus... ah fuck it i guess i just got lucky lol

anyway!

I'm playing on Vita, and haven't managed it yet (though a few individual rounds). I just read this in the combo video:

"Thanks. Khan is pretty easy to be. Just play defensive against Khan and keep your distance. When he throws stuff, charges you or whatever, just teleport and do a combo."

I guess maybe that's what I need to do more - keep defensive stance and distance, and only teleport and hit when he throws the hammer. Eventually I'll get him. :S

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone ever link their web kode from the official website successfully with their copy? Every time I've tried I always get an error. :(

Top Bottom