• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat(Vita) |OT| Blood in the Streets

Ardenyal

Damn.

I think better textures and a bit of normal map would go a long way to make the models look much better, even with the same poly count. Surely they could have achieved that with a little bit more optimization?
Unreal engine and optimized are mutually exclusive.

Barryman

Actually, looking at that image, is it possible that they aren't running any real-time lighting on the fighters at all?

I didn't really notice while playing, I'm just judging from that one screen.

Slurmer

Banned
I've gotten matched up with the #1 player twice now when I needed 1 more win for the 10 match streak trophy, lol. Guy has played like 2k ranked matches already

impact

Banned
I've gotten matched up with the #1 player twice now when I needed 1 more win for the 10 match streak trophy, lol. Guy has played like 2k ranked matches already

His Scorpion was abysmal when I played him. Random teleports that give me a full combo and doing random X rays instead of using breaker. Pathetic for a #1 really.

Slurmer

Banned
His Scorpion was abysmal when I played him. Random teleports that give me a full combo and doing random X rays instead of using breaker. Pathetic for a #1 really.

I got pretty close to beating him actually, so I agree. There's definitely people in the top 100 that are better

Just bought my copy off ebay. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Feel free to give your impressions on it for people like me that are still on the fence about it.

Not that I'm one of those LOLBADGRAFIX people, just that it's been about 10+ years since I played a MK title (was always a Street Fighter guy) and I'm fiending for something new to play on the Vita.

Nekobo

I picked up the game because of the $20 GameStop deal...and enjoy it very much! I haven't played an MK game since Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. Really digging the story mode, too. The ingame graphics are a mite disappointing, but it's silky smooth so it's all good.

If anyone wants to go a few rounds (I'm scrub tier lol) my PSN handle is Nekobo1.

KalBalboa

Banned
I got the game during the $10 Gamestop "no brainer" sale.

This game has actually fit the portable time-table really well for me. I love doing an arcade ladder in one lunch break or a few tower challenges when I have a few minutes to kill.

galvatron

Don't know if this is old news, but Gamestop had this game new for $10 when I was there earlier today picking up the xbox version of MK Komplete Edition for $20 new.

Agent X

I was playing Mortal Kombat earlier, and amazingly I somehow fought a secret battle today and got the
Brotherhood of Shadow
trophy. I wasn't trying for it, and at the time I didn't even know what I was supposed to do to get to it!

I looked up the requirements to reach this secret battle, and one of the criteria was that
you need to win both rounds without blocking
. But during the round,
I executed an X-ray attack, which requires you to press L and R together--and R is my block button
. So it's interesting that I was still able to get to this battle.

Ironically enough, the secret character happened to be the same one that I had just defeated to get to this point--although the secret version of the character seems much more difficult than the standard version. I lost the secret battle, but was still able to proceed to the next fight without seeing the "Continue" screen.

I was playing Mortal Kombat earlier, and amazingly I somehow fought a secret battle today and got the
Brotherhood of Shadow
trophy. I wasn't trying for it, and at the time I didn't even know what I was supposed to do to get to it!

I looked up the requirements to reach this secret battle, and one of the criteria was that
you need to win both rounds without blocking
. But during the round,
I executed an X-ray attack, which requires you to press L and R together--and R is my block button
. So it's interesting that I was still able to get to this battle.

Ironically enough, the secret character happened to be the same one that I had just defeated to get to this point--although the secret version of the character seems much more difficult than the standard version. I lost the secret battle, but was still able to proceed to the next fight without seeing the "Continue" screen.
The act of blocking, not the button press.

Top Bottom