• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X is selling "Easy Fatalities" for money [Also unlockable w/ Krypt]

Jachaos

FWIW

r12FXw1.jpg

?

I don't get the relevance of this screenshot here.

My problem with this is that while it seems like it can be unlocked judging by the reviews I've looked at it takes much longer to unlock things in the Krypt then it used to, gee seeing this I wonder why? :/

Tagyhag

What a day we live in when there are people saying this is OK :)

I really am getting old :/

1. They can be unlocked via the Krypt.

2. You can still do fatalities the normal way.

3. If someone is doing a fatality on you, 10 out of 10 times it means that you already lost the match, and it wasn't from them buying easy fatalities.

Someone please tell me what's outrageous about this?

Locking up Goro? That was fucked up.

This? It's nothing.

My problem with this is that while it seems like it can be unlocked judging by the reviews I've looked at it takes much longer to unlock things in the Krypt then it used to, gee seeing this I wonder why? :/

That's not true. The krypt is an entirely new minigame now and it's pretty interesting. After playing through the story mode i had like 80K koins and bought so much stuff. I didnt need to use real money for anything and exploring the krypt is pretty interesting.

Ploid 3.0

I'm pretty sure you can.

Yep, watched in the crypt or something. I have no problem with this. They are fatalities, and you can unlock the 2 button execution with extra points you earn if you have points burning in your pocket. The fatalities don't look that hard to do.

who cares? no one figures out the inputs on their own anyway.

The fatalities are listed in the character commands screen. You can pause the game at "finish him" and and check what you need to do.

As someone who is usually ok with DLC, this is super gross. If simplified fatalities are going to be in the game (which I would be fine with) they should be unlockable or available to everyone.

Whaddya mean? Easy fatalities themselves? You can unlock them in the Krypt.
Yeah, but unless I misunderstood something (only having seen Giant Bomb's QL) they're so heavily limited that what's the point? The entire game is apparently built around the "koin" system, which will inadvertently pressure people to make convenience purchases so they can save their money for stuff they actually want.

It's bad game design.
So, which is worse? Evolve or this?

They'd have to duke it out before we could decide.

Armadilo

Banned
I have a question, if these Microtransactions are harmless then why even have them ? If they were worthless why would anyone spend money on them ?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

On the GB quicklook Jeff said he only had about 8 tokens after finishing the game. These are consumable btw

I love the "if stupid people pay I fully endorse companies take advantage of them" idea :)

I have a question, if these Microtransactions are harmless then why even have them ? If they were worthless why would anyone spend money on them ?

Some people are lazy and don't want to learn how to do fatalities themselves.

Honestly I'm perfectly fine with allowing lazy people to shell out extra money for things you can do on your own. I can see why other people might not like the idea of it though.

DR2K

Banned
You can earn them in game or just do the regular ones for free. Not sure what the big deal is.

Sou Da

Yeah, but unless I misunderstood something (only having seen Giant Bomb's QL) they're so heavily limited that what's the point? The entire game is apparently built around the "koin" system, which will inadvertently pressure people to make convenience purchases so they can save their money for stuff they actually want.

It's bad game design.

They'd have to duke it out before we could decide.

I wasn't endorsing it, I just thought you didn't know.

They're harmless in the sense it doesn't upset the balance of the game. It's similar to me buying a new Fireball spell effect in Path of Exile. There's a market for it because people will want easier fatalities to perform. Is there something wrong with allowing someone to do a fatality but with simpler inputs? No. If you someone answer's yes then they probably hate DLC as whole or have some elitist attitude towards other players.

Meia

I don't understand why that refutes the comparison. In both instances, the item for sale is attainable in game.

One is easy to unlock in the game via normal play, one most certainly isn't. It's still a crummy comparison.

Yep, watched in the crypt or something. I have no problem with this. They are fatalities, and you can unlock the 2 button execution with extra points you earn if you have points burning in your pocket. The fatalities don't look that hard to do.

they arent hard at ALL. ive never fucked up a fatality, they are really forgiving with inputs. The outrage isnt really warranted - it doesnt effect your game in the slightest.

Instead of doing RT+X, you can do like B, D, F + X - that's it.

Ive got at least 10 of those "easy Fatalities" and about 4 "Skip fights" that i have unlocked from the crypt - you honestly wont even notice it in the game.

vazel

Banned
People will get mad, but not as mad as they got with Evolve. But at least here this dlc can still be unlocked for free in-game.

guys you get them in the krypt or earn them in game using koins. You dont have to use them at all. Dont worry about it.
Don't waste your time. People like to make things seem so much worse than they really are. If there's something to complain about, no matter how miniscule, they'll complain about it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We are now ok with companies selling stuff that exists in game already, even worse, a consumable in this case.

Can't wait for Bloodborne 2. Buy 30 blood vials for only $5. I mean you could go farm them yourself so it's fine :)

Storm360

There is also a twenty buck DLC for unlocking everything in the Krypt.

Between a pre order character, a overpriced season pass, online region locking and now micro-transactions, I now have zero interest in this game, I guess i'll stick with USFIV on PC and KI on Xbox for my Fighter-Fix

kurahador

1. They can be unlocked via the Krypt.

2. You can still do fatalities the normal way.

3. If someone is doing a fatality on you, 10 out of 10 times it means that you already lost the match, and it wasn't from them buying easy fatalities.

Yeah...I don't understand why this is such a big deal, it's basically some form of cosmetics.

-MD-

They're for ultra lazy players that would rather spend a dollar to pull off a cool move than memorize a 5 button combo.

I'm sure someone out there will buy it, has absolutely no effect on the game itself though and the "how about I just don't buy this game" post(s) are hilariously stupid.

Toxi

Banned
Because Netherrealm is counting on some players to be so lazy and impatient they'd rather pay more money instead of just learning the inputs or grinding out the Krypt for easy fatalities.

A-V-B

We are now ok with companies selling stuff that exists in game already, even worse, a consumable in this case.

Can't wait for Bloodborne 2. Buy 30 blood vials for only $5. I mean you could go farm them yourself so it's fine :)

Remember when horse armor sent the community into an uncontrollable berzerker state?

We're all the battered spouses of gaming now. "Yeah, that's just how it is."

Not even the same situation. Blood Vials heal your character. Fatalities are cosmetic sequences that don't impact game play.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
One is easy to unlock in the game via normal play, one most certainly isn't. It's still a crummy comparison.

Am I incorrect in remembering that each announcer unlock requires an arcade run with that character? The pack is 6 announcers for $12.

Top Bottom