• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Goddamn, it is taking forever for everything to install on PS4.

I did the tutorial and then went into training mode with Jax for the last hour and a half and the only progress I've noticed is three more stages are available.

Hurry the fuck up, story mode.

Played 10 matches online with no lag pretty much, this was the result with a picture perfect ending.

MB48CNp.jpg

Any reason why alternate inputs don't change every move?
I'm using Liu Kang and I find Bicycle Kick hard to get out consistently so I figured using alternate inputs would help but every move BUT Bicycle Kick gets its input changed. Kind of annoying.

Yogg

I just got done with Bloodborne platinum and those very good reviews swarmed my feeds today, so I folded and got the game on the way back home. The part where my old PS3 fightstick is supported pushed me over the edge. I had tons of (casual) fun with MK9 so that should be great ! I'll just need to relearn to press a button to block hehe.

Kinsei

Banned
Just finished story mode. That was even better than MK9! The final boss was such a huge improvement over Shao Kahn, this one actually felt like a fair fight.

I must say I love all of the next generation characters, Kung Jin and Cassie especially.

Doing a Brutality out of nowhere with no clue how to actually do it, is fucking amazing. My first time playing as Goro I did his fire breath one completely by accident, and it was glorious.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
How the shit do you do Ermac's Inner Workings Fatality? There's no way that input on screen is correct.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
goro shows up in my dlcs now on steam, progress >_>

edit: and can select him. still no sub zero or scoprion, or...well, most of the modes :p

Demoskinos

So Takeda's X-ray is weird...

Normally I just press O+X+R2 to do X-Ray's as O+X is the input for the stance change button. But for whatever reason Takeda's X-ray only activates when you actually press the actual stance change button instead of just pressing O+X which is way harder to do on the MK9 Tourney stick I'm playing on.

JohngPR

I just tried using my old wireless PS3 Mad Catz Streetfighter IV Ryu Gamepad on my PS4 and it worked!

Wasn't sure if those would work but they worked fine. I did get a warning prompt telling me that Home and Share buttons wouldn't work with it which is fine.

DryvBy

Gonna stream later. I need to re-learn this game.

Also, one thing they really need to remove is my email on the bottom of the screen. It doesn't even go away. Streaming this game and needing to go to the menu is gonna suck.

Jashobeam

So Takeda's X-ray is weird...

Normally I just press O+X+R2 to do X-Ray's as O+X is the input for the stance change button. But for whatever reason Takeda's X-ray only activates when you actually press the actual stance change button instead of just pressing O+X which is way harder to do on the MK9 Tourney stick I'm playing on.

sounds tough, on the DS4 it's just L2+R2 lol

Lord Phol

Holy shit this is fun! Though I can only play 1v1 I'm still having a blast with the majority of the characters. Even Liu Kang who I usually find super boring. Also, for some reason I'm pulling off moves and combos alot easier than I usually do in fighting ganes. I might actually do okey in this!

UPS finally delivered my copy a few minutes ago! MORTAL KOMBAT!!!

ljUxJTb.jpg

And here's my Mortal Kombat game kollection:

I plan to get Deception and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (and maybe regular ol' MK3, none shitty Game Boy edition) at some point. Not sure why I never got them.

Gurrry

about to install it on xb1

i dont have a stick for xb1, but i have one for ps3 and 360..

i couldve gotten the game on ps4, but all my friends have xb1...

i really hope i dont regret it.

ill look into getting an adaptor for my stick if my friends dont bail on the game after a week or so.. if not.. i may try and trade it for ps4 copy somehow.

How the shit do you do Ermac's Inner Workings Fatality? There's no way that input on screen is correct.

I was having trouble with it last night too. Try letting go of block before pressing back. That did it for me. It's weird since it is only directional inputs because I'm pretty sure for normal fatalities that end in a button you can hold block the whole time.

Top Bottom