• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

so i have a question about sub-zero

Has he always been portrayed as white/caucasian..because in the story mode he is, i always thought he was Asiatic

He's mixed. Chinese/Caucasian Assassin.

He's looked like a white male for a good while. Except in DA, not sure what happened with his skin there. Lol

So, before I downloaded the dlcs to complete the Steam download I had the issue that the game would take priority over every other program and it'd be impossible to even get to the desktop without closing problem, but now that all except one of the dlcs are downloaded I have the opposite problem. The game is running, I can hear it running, the icon is there on my taskbar, I can hover the mouse over the icon and see a (really distorted) preview of the game, but no matter how much I click on it or alt tab the freaking game won't appear on screen |:

(finishing the download is not an option at the moment btw)

Miles X

So it says Samuri Pack is installed, but when I check Kombat Pack it says "Pay £24.99" when I click on it (I have already bought it) it says I already own it and would I like to install it, I say yes and it goes to queue but there is nothing there.

Frustrating.

Edit - Randomly fixed itself.

So it says Samuri Pack is installed, but when I check Kombat Pack it says "Pay £24.99" when I click on it (I have already bought it) it says I already own it and would I like to install it, I say yes and it goes to queue but there is nothing there.

Frustrating.

I think the samurai pack is not released yet.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So what happens when you've used up the easy fatalities from the Krypt? Can we get them from doing other activities such as the tower? Or only purchase?

ZangBa

Went to my first midnight release for this game and I guess there was a tournament so I entered and bodied everyone, I almost felt bad. I got a shirt as a prize, yay.

So far the best moment was when I "accidentally" did a Brutality with Kotal Kahn on someone and didn't expect it, I got pretty hype. Also, the Quitalitys are real AF, LOL. I got my 10 wins in a row in ranked, never going back.

The netcode isn't bad, IMO. It's better than Injustice that is for sure, I don't think I ever played an Injustice match that didn't have some kind of input lag. It's not perfect like, IMO, SCV, but it's definitely playable. Only thing that annoys me right now is they still have this weird simple mode input bullshit when I'm trying to do, for example, QCB punch, but get a QCB kick move instead even though I am not pressing that button at all, it's so annoying and it's been in all 3 games. This is only a problem in combos.

Well, the story is awesome, but I'm disappointed with missing characters from MK9.

Story spoilers:
How come Tanya, Rain, and Baraka have 1 full moveset ready yet arent available to use? It saddens me because Rain has awesome moves and the effects look awesome.

Kinsei

Banned
Are the
Netherrealm Queen
Kitana &
Netherrealm King
Liu Kang costumes unlocked in the krypt or through other means? I really want them.

Well, the story is awesome, but I'm disappointed with missing characters from MK9.

Story spoilers:
How come Tanya, Rain, and Baraka have 1 full moveset ready yet arent available to use? It saddens me because Rain has awesome moves and the effects look awesome.

They don't.
Rain and Baraka use their MK9 movesets, and Tanya has some weird fusion of Scorpion and Kitana.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Went to my first midnight release for this game and I guess there was a tournament so I entered and bodied everyone, I almost felt bad. I got a shirt as a prize, yay.

So far the best moment was when I "accidentally" did a Brutality with Kotal Kahn on someone and didn't expect it, I got pretty hype. Also, the Quitalitys are real AF, LOL. I got my 10 wins in a row in ranked, never going back.

The netcode isn't bad, IMO. It's better than Injustice that is for sure, I don't think I ever played an Injustice match that didn't have some kind of input lag. It's not perfect like, IMO, SCV, but it's definitely playable. Only thing that annoys me right now is they still have this weird simple mode input bullshit when I'm trying to do, for example, QCB punch, but get a QCB kick move instead even though I am not pressing that button at all, it's so annoying and it's been in all 3 games. This is only a problem in combos.

Im finding the input lag to be pretty bad. I can play it and probably tolerate it, but its annoying and I don't understand why the controls couldn't be more responsive...

Only thing that annoys me right now is they still have this weird simple mode input bullshit when I'm trying to do, for example, QCB punch, but get a QCB kick move instead even though I am not pressing that button at all, it's so annoying and it's been in all 3 games. This is only a problem in combos.

You can turn that off. Go into the controls customization and turn off negative edge and simple inputs.

ZangBa

Im finding the input lag to be pretty bad. I can play it and probably tolerate it, but its annoying and I don't understand why the controls couldn't be more responsive...

Of the 24 matches I played, only 2 of them were bad, and not really horrible just bad. The other 22 were all perfectly playable and I could hit my combos just fine, of course it's all anecdotal but it's definitely without a doubt better than Injustice.

You can turn that off. Go into the controls customization and turn off negative edge and simple inputs.

I knew it had to be in the controls somewhere, thank you. It was driving me insane earlier with Kotal when I kept getting AA grab mid-combo in training.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is the Kombat Pack DLC - which is £24.99, the season pass?

If so, what do you get now and what do you need to wait for?

Kinsei

Banned
I'd pay Boon good money for
Sareena
DLC. Was happy she had a tiny part in the story.

Same here. Give me a Klassic Kombatant Pass with
Sareena, Frost, Fujin, and Bo Rai Cho
along with some costume packs included like the current Kombat Pass and I would gladly pay for it.

Kinsei, you seem to have experience with this(from reading the other thread), but is it konfirmed that the patch doesn't really affect koin gains?

Meia

So I wonder at what point us PC owners will actually be able to PLAY the game. The details from the company are pretty damn sparse more than a half day after "launch."

Ame

How's the netcode holding up? I keep reading conflicting reports. Some say it's horrid, while others say it's fine.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I wonder at what point us PC owners will actually be able to PLAY the game. The details from the company are pretty damn sparse more than a half day after "launch."

I know that its completely unrelated, I understand that... but following ed boon on twitter and seeing him spam posts about the launch of the game and retweeting people with copies and shit while PC players are going through what they are is rubbing me the wrong way in a big way :/

Kinsei

Banned
Kinsei, you seem to have experience with this(from reading the other thread), but is it konfirmed that the patch doesn't really affect koin gains?

I didn't pay attention to the exact amount of koins I got from each fight, but it was definitely more than what the decrease was said to be. There's no way I would have had 80k koins after finishing story mode had the amount you received after each battle been lowered so significantly.

Carnby

I can confirm the import edition is 100 percent US compatible, DLC included. The packaging is excellent. It included a standard copy so the steel book can remain unopened, if you choose to.

Anyone received Goro code from Best Buy? i haven't...

I got my PS4 code at 2am and game this morning so my order shows completed on Best Buy website.

My Xbox One order shows still in process but I got the game delivered at the same time but I haven't received the code yet.

So offline only gets you 1 vs. 1 with Scorpion and Sub-Zero.
Connecting online but not updating gives you most of the roster, but just 1 vs. 1.
Ha ha ha ha...

Is the Kombat Pack DLC - which is £24.99, the season pass?

If so, what do you get now and what do you need to wait for?

The Ultimate Horror Pack - 26/04/2015
Playable character Jason Voorhees
Horror skins Vampiress Mileena, Kraken Reptile and Pharaoh Ermac

The Klassic Pack #1 - 10/05/2015
Playable character Tanya
Klassic skins for Kano, Sonya and Liu Kang

The Predator / Prey Pack - 24/05/2015
Playable character Predator
Predator-themed skins Commando Johnny, Infrared Scorpion and Carl Weathers as Jax

The Klassic Pack #2 - 07/06/2015
Playable character, Tremor
Klassic skins for Quan Chi, Jax and Kung Lao

Top Bottom